Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Go-Busters 43 released

Post by takenoko »

Just as I expected, Christmas with the Busters is no throwaway episode. It's a pity that Hiromu's sister doesn't appear in person, but at least they mention her through her picture book.

They remembered that Hiromu was a street performer. Nice callback.

Oh hey, Hata Mizuho (cat girl from Boukenger, one of the ladies in Keitai Sousakan 7) is this week's guest.

I really like the Metaroid design this week. The Japanese samurai on the right side with the western knight on the left side. It's a neat idea, but honestly it seems like a waste to combine these two Metaroids since their features don't play that much of a role in the episode.

Oh man, Escape is not happy with Enter. And while we've been waiting all episode for Zeta to appear, its appearance does not disappoint! It both powers up and rubs out the main villain. Holy crap! Why Hiromu do that in Ace when he had the chance?

That said, I obviously don't believe Enter is dead. We've seen him die before and we know he'll be back again. It sort of doesn't seem like Escape to destroy the card in Enter though, even if she is frustrated with him. Anyway, next week looks like a major episode, can't wait.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: Go-Busters 43 released

Post by ReversedSentai »

Hooray! It's Hata Mizuho. I immediately recognized her in this episode since she was in episode 38 of Boukenger, one of my favorite episodes of that series. Besides that Boukenger episode and Keitai Sousakan 7, she was also a reporter in episode 36 of Shinkenger, which was also one of my favorite Shinkenger episodes. I hope she appears in more tokusatsu shows in the future.

Seeing Nick sing was pretty funny.

New conflict between Enter and Escape, I see. Not gonna lie, but when Escape "picked up" Enter like that, I actually laughed a little.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Lots of french from Enter this episode, it's been a while since he speaks that much french. I kinda miss that

I like that this isn't the usual WTF Christmas episode, and that they acknowledge Christmas is important to this particular group of sentai

I laugh when Nick needs to cover Hiromu's eyes while he holds the picture book. I laugh harder when Nick removes his hands

The only thing that bugs me is that the Lio Attache is needed when piloting Lioh. We clearly saw Jin plug the Attache into the Lioh's cockpit, so how could Hiromu use it for his "It's time for final buster" attack
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Post by Magenta »

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That picture is so perfect. Mag actually showed it to me before I saw the episode. Then after seeing the episode it's like "Ooooh, I get it."
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

@Mag: I thought of that scene immediately too. But Kaworu's head got popped off. Enter merely got crushed. =/

But knowing Enter, he's probably still alive. My guess is that he will probably be the final villain the Busters face, not Messiah.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

I gotta say though, Enter and Basco are some of the greatest Sentai villains that we've seen in a while. Knowing Enter, he'll probably return to betray Escape like how she betrayed him.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

zeta_gundam wrote:@Mag: I thought of that scene immediately too. But Kaworu's head got popped off. Enter merely got crushed. =/
...Oh

my god.

I cannot stop laughing.

Spoiler

Jinnai Sho just cannot catch a break, huh?

In other news, I'm in the camp that says Enter'll be back, probably as the final boss/biggest bad.

Spoiler
Not least because he still has to be in the Go-Bus vs. Gokai movie!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

The Metaroid remind me of Baron Ashura from Mazinger Z except the gender sides were switched. It would have been neated if they combined the Megazord like they did for the Metaroid. At least Escape didn't take 5 minutes to decide to crush Enter compared to Shinji's long ass time to make the decision.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

So, enter fused two Messiah metaroids. Both look pretty strong on their own. Together...

Nice plan on getting data about anger, though I wonder why they need it, since raging is the only thing Messiah actually does.

Lioh attache + sword? That's new. And hiromu was lucky that Jin finished his fight in lioh before he needed the attache

HOLY FUCK, ESCAPE KILLED ENTER! That's what you get for saving her, Enter. And now Zeta is even stronger and unleashed a shockwave that defeated all mechas (and the town, but I hardly think they'll focus on that). It also has 3 messiah cards.

Escape finally got tired of going along with Enter's game. And his final line was very good.

A surprisingly serious ep for a Christmas ep. They didn't make the standard filler Christmas ep and tied it with the main plot.

You know better than to mention that

Hiromu's fight was cool.

Who is that teacher?
Last edited by Lunagel on Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiling
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

I thought the actress who plays the teacher looked familiar! And yes that one episode from Boukenger is also my favorite. *Adds Hata Mizuho to the endless hot asian girl list*

As for the episode itself, it was VERY good. The christmas theme actually played a part in the plot.

Nice callback to Hiromu being a street performer, and the reminder of the present for Hiromu.
Yaiba wrote:The only thing that bugs me is that the Lio Attache is needed when piloting Lioh. We clearly saw Jin plug the Attache into the Lioh's cockpit, so how could Hiromu use it for his "It's time for final buster" attack
They defeated the Megazords, so no need for the use of the Attache at that moment.

As for escape..........HOLY CRAP! She........that............The............She looked HOT in that sexy santa outfit!!!!

Oh and the 'killed' Enter, interesting.

Nick singing came out of nowhere for me, but I still enjoyed it.

Coming back to the teacher, HAVE we seen her in previous episodes or was that just a fourth wall jab at who the actress is?
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

Lunchboxx wrote: Coming back to the teacher, HAVE we seen her in previous episodes or was that just a fourth wall jab at who the actress is?
Nope, this is her first appearance in this series.
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

Shit is getting real. Love the conflict between Enter and Escape this episode. Real good episode, definitely feels like the show is moving towards its climax. This episode had a lot of dark overtones to it, hopefully the next one does too.
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Starting to move toward the end. I'm excited. It seems, well in my experiences, that when Sentai and Kamen Rider gets to the last handful of episodes, things start to pick up and get even more interesting.

Enter has got to come back. There's no way that was his end.
Enter called escape a human clone, I wonder if that's going to be important, or just a jab at her flaws.
I felt like this was a pretty good episode. J's line about 2 santa made me chuckle.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I really could have done without Nick singing...

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”