Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Re: Go-Busters 45 Released

Post by toni2212 »

Go-Busters be aware when J is checking your ass, because that means there's a Metaroid on your back! :lol: And for a trained professional, they seemed like a novice dressing up like that in a spy mission. What did you learn at HQ about spying mission Yoko?

Morishita really killed the tension with his "Michael" play, but checking Commander and Nakamura's face during the scene is worth killing it. And as if someone like Rika needed an arranged marriage.

Is it me, or the episode lacks something due to the absent of the two avatar?
gmottl
Mega
Favorite series: Rider-Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: ppgz, mrr, too many
Dreamy: fourze girls, luka
Favorite Actor?: jirou zanki garulu
Favorite Band: nightwish
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: MLP:FIM
Quote: just because you're a genius doesn't mean your a smart guy- PPG narrator
just because i'm an idiot doesn't mean i'm stupid- Spencer Shay

Post by gmottl »

anyone else get the feeling jin will join dragonranger, timefire and abarekiller at the end. i'm been getting that feeling for a while now and i think he knows he's gonna go.
Anyone remember when the news didn't want to make you punch the nearest thing to you, me neither.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

I'm sad to say that I'm gonna have to watch these shows from other subbers for awhile via youtube streams on the Nintendo Wii till I get a new computer, seeing as how my old one died. But once I get a new one, you guys are the only subbers I'll be watching from now on.

With that being said, this episode was funny as hell!
The Mochiroid brought bad funny memories from that eraserroid.

J in a dress and Jin with a afro.....ARGUMENT TOTALLY INVALID.

I normally dont dig marrige episodes like what Luna said, but this season took that trope, and gave it it's own spin. It was not a marrige episode per se, more like Gorisaki jumping the gun again as usual.

I really busted out laughing at Morishita's line with Michael, because my name is Michael.. XD

Next episode preview:

Spoiler
Ryuuji's weakness finally pushes him full throttle it seems, about time!.
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

This episode had all the LOLS for me.

Jin, why so serious?
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
Blazordra
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger
Dreamy: Yumeria Moegi
Favorite Actor?: Suzuka Morita
Quote: Here's to us (Drink)
Here's to those like us (Drink)
Dang few (Drink)
And there all dead (Drink)

Post by Blazordra »

I just want to ask one question. Why did the Buglers want Escapes Ipad? Dose she have a copy of her on it? :shock:

Oh I hope so! :P

So Red Buster can't watch his own ass.... that's twice now that a metaroid has tagged on him right! :lol:

No Buster Ace? Is it really scrap? If so too bad, I liked it's design.

Next ep,

Spoiler
Welcome back Escape! and two questions down! :wink:
Tomos
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Languages/singing

Post by Tomos »

gmottl wrote:anyone else get the feeling jin will join dragonranger, timefire and abarekiller at the end. i'm been getting that feeling for a while now and i think he knows he's gonna go.
It's been quite a long time since they killed a warrior. It might happen but I'm not sure if they do that sort of thing now being as even in Kamen Rider they tend not to have riders die nowadays.
Sarcastic_Jamie
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ikuta Toma
Favorite Actor?: Ikuta Toma
Favorite Band: Shinee,2pm
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Glee
Quote: Life's a bitch and she has puppies.

Post by Sarcastic_Jamie »

That was an ok episode. Yoko should have a better disguise.

did anyone notice that the actor playing Ryuuji had his teeth fixed? It's not crooked anymore.
Darren Criss is my future baby's Daddy.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I loved Ryuji's facial expressions in this episode. Especially at the revelation at the end. But yeah, the plot of this episode was clever and it was nice to see the team put on different costumes. Youko's outfit was cute. At least we got to see more screentime for both Jin and J in this one.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

If they did let Jin go the route of
Spoiler
Burai, Naoto Takizawa and Mikoto Nakadai
, it'd be the most interesting thing that happened in the show in a long time (for me, anyway). I've tried really hard to like Go-Busters, but it's not really outstanding in any good ways.

JIn and J are really the only interesting characters. The other three Go-Busters are almost copied-and-pasted from other series (Ryuuji is the "Team Mom" and is more or less a carbon copy of Renn from Go-Onger, Youko is a young, hotheaded tomboy with a chip on her shoulder just like Moune of Goseiger and Hiromu has a tendency to be as cold to his teammates as Takeru of Shinkenger). Their Buddyroids -try- to be interesting, but they just end up as annoying.

The gratuitous Engrish has been grating at me since day one. Mostly due to the grammar, or lack thereof. I don't pretend to be absolutely perfect in English, but "Let's Morphin" and "Let's Driving" are so grammatically incorrect that even a first-semester English student should know better. I showed these clips to my old Japanese teacher at college (who was raised in Tsukuba, one of the smaller towns in Japan, and started learning English fairly early) and she agreed the writers should have known better. I really don't care what the reason is, to be honest, but it makes me cringe every time it pops up.

First Sentai to change its intro theme? That's true, but I loved the first theme and can't stand the second. It's actually a first for me, as I've liked every Sentai opening theme up to this point, going all the way back to Himitsu Sentai Goranger. They all had their particular charms and I love them dearly, but the second theme for this show is just bland and uninteresting.

Enter started out interesting, but got on my nerves pretty quickly, and thus Escape was a welcome addition. However, as good as she was, she couldn't do more than negate Enter's presence. Goseiger had its up and downs with the good guys, but its three groups of villains I count as among my favorites in Sentai; the added bonus of all of them merely being used by chessmaster Burajira to increase his own power and destroy everything he once swore to protect was sheer brilliance. I was hoping for a repeat of that here, when they first gave the hints that Enter had ulterior motives, but if that was going to pan out, it likely would have done so by now.

The mecha are nice overall, and we get more than just swapping out limbs in combinations (which I admit was growing stale in the other Sentai shows), but Hiromu essentially gets two that perform the same job (Ace and Lioh), everyone else gets one to their name and the frog mech doesn't really even have a pilot. I had this same complaint about Go-Onger, with Sousuke pretty much getting Kyouretsu-Oh all to himself while anyone else getting an additional mech had to share it. I prefer it where the core team either just has one apiece, or everyone gets two (i.e. Kakuranger, Ohranger, Carranger, GoGo V, etc.); Go-Busters seems to have both too many and not enough.

And then there's Messiah. I hate this concept. I really, really do. I tried to give it a chance to grow on me, but I grew tired of it for the same reason that I got tired of Sigma always being the bad guy in the Mega Man X games: it got very, very old very, very fast. I was actually glad when they seemingly destroyed Messiah and Enter in the subdimension, which I figured would pave the way for Escape to become the new Big Bad and go on a berserker rampage for vengeance. Instead, Enter shows up, unharmed, and reveals not one, but -thirteen- backup copies of Messiah. *sigh*

I've tried very, very hard to like this series, but in the end I'm finding it to be like Den-O, Fourze, OOO and now Wizard: Just waiting for it to be over and for the next one to start. And I -hate- saying that, since Sentai and Kamen Rider are among the few shows I like as much as Star Trek, Stargate and Babylon 5. Maybe they'll pull out something awesome in the final episodes that will be so fantastic that I'll regret everything I've said here, and mark my words, if that happens, I will apologize for -everything-.
Last edited by Lunagel on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Time and Zyu spoilers
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

J in drag. That made the entire episode.

I kinda felt sorry for Ryujii at the end. It was like "So I did all this and I still get shot down?"

I like the recycle of the suit and how everyone kinda made remarks back to the eraser episode. This would be the second time they reuse a suit in this series (I think this has only happened once or twice in super sentai total. Not counting movies.)

Anyone else wondering why J had to activate his Marker System twice? I have a theory, but it would get marked as spoiling.

Also, did anyone notice how Himoru cried out in pain when Yoko hit him in the head with the pan? Kinda makes one wonder how well these suits were made if a frying pan to the head still hurts.

Next Episode
Spoiler
I can't wait to hear about the Machina that brought Enter and Escape back. Ever since he died the first time, I knew that his death wouldn't be for long. And we finally get to see Berserker Ryujii go all out once more. I kinda felt like we got ripped off in that episode with the Karateroid, so I hope this makes up for it.

Movie CM:
Spoiler
Kaori comes back! And even Jealoushitto makes a re-appearance! Loving this majorly.
Glutinus
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Dream team : GokaiYellow (Luka), DekaGreen (Sen-Chan), ShinkenBlue (Ryunosuke), BoukenPink (Sakura). Red is vacant :)

Post by Glutinus »

Kamen Rider Gumo wrote: And then there's Messiah. I hate this concept. I really, really do. I tried to give it a chance to grow on me, but I grew tired of it for the same reason that I got tired of Sigma always being the bad guy in the Mega Man X games: it got very, very old very, very fast. I was actually glad when they seemingly destroyed Messiah and Enter in the subdimension, which I figured would pave the way for Escape to become the new Big Bad and go on a berserker rampage for vengeance. Instead, Enter shows up, unharmed, and reveals not one, but -thirteen- backup copies of Messiah. *sigh*
Well, about the 13 backup copies I think it's really too much, it's almost one per episod and some are good whereas some are bad.

For this episode I was quite happy because I really liked the Kegeshimoloid (eraser) episod, fun and also deep in the background of the series, since the metaloid was very dangerous. This episode is a cool-down episode but it did not make me laugh at once. It was so boring... Messiahroids tend to be the best metaloids, the most "badass" ones, and this one is so lame.

Next episode
Spoiler
I'm quite happy about this one... I think that the two generals - "avatars" - die stupidly... and it's a change in Sentai history, since they are not directly destroyed by the heroes, but it's show how dangerous Messiah is. This resurrection, which is not such a surprise since Messiah could have recreated them with data, is however a good idea. Man ! So muche episodes with a duel between (berserk) Ryuuji and Escape ! There must be a conclusion.

Fav Sentai 1st : Gokai, Deka, Bouken, Go-Busters, Kyuu, Shinken, Gosei, Gao.
Fav KR 1st : OOO, W, Kiva, Gaim, Drive, Fourze, Den-O20*, Wizard, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Fav Garo 1st : Yami, Senki, Hana, Garo, Zero
* currently watching.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Kamen Rider Gumo wrote:
Spoiler
If they did let Jin go the route of Burai, Naoto Takizawa and Mikoto Nakadai,
it'd be the most interesting thing that happened in the show in a long time (for me, anyway).
Might wanna tag that part, we haven't gotten there yet in Time and/or Zyu.
The mecha are nice overall, [...] but Hiromu essentially gets two that perform the same job (Ace and Lioh), [...] I prefer it where the core team either just has one apiece, or everyone gets two (i.e. Kakuranger, Ohranger, Carranger, GoGo V, etc.);
Ohranger did have Ohblocker's 5 parts split among the group but, Red did a side-mech of his own too (Red Puncher).
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."

Sorry about not tagging the spoilers; didn't think it mattered since the shows were so old, and their fates were revealed in Gokaiger. I'll be more careful next time.

I did forget about Red Puncher, but that also wasn't the Swiss Army Mech that Ace and Lioh are. As I recall, it could only combine with Ohranger Robo.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

As an anniversary show, Gokaiger gives a bit of spoilers to pretty much every past series, so that can't be helped. However, we are currently working on both ZyuRanger and TimeRanger, so commenting like that is definitely spoiling.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz

As I said, I wasn't really thinking, but I will from now on. *bows politely*

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”