Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Go-Busters 49 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki Article: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Go-Busters_Mission_49

They're really keeping the pace tight and the stakes high. The situation becomes worse and worse. And the little moments where the Busters realize that history is repeating itself are so haunting.

Like the scene where Hiromu tells the kids that it's going to be alright, and then flashing back to his promise to Youko. I'm surprised they didn't look at each other and give each other knowing looks. Rewatching it, I guess Ryuuji and Youko both get epiphany faces. Maybe sometimes... heroes aren't always able to keep their promises. How many children's shows ever address something like that? Oh man, I love this.

I'm not really sure why they need Jin's data to extract the card from Hiromu. Maybe there's something in the explanation I missed. I guess it exists to give Jin a reason to sacrifice himself.

I can't help but notice the little touches that highlight the rapid pace between episodes. The Busters are still wearing bandages and stuff at the battle in the end.

I also think there's an evolution in the Megazords too. I mean, Alpha was all skinny and weird while Beta is like this crab thing. But Enter's latest Megazord (Omega) is the most human-looking of them yet. It sort of has a human face and the body is mostly human shaped with a bunch of stuff on it. I guess they're going for the borg look of the people who were trapped in the wires.

And the fight to get Enter into the hanger was really tense. There weren't as many tasty moments as there were in the last one, but this one definitely had a few good points and ramped up the intensity all the way to the end.

Edit: Oh, but how did I forget about Ryuuji's amazing speech. Not much to say about it, besides finding it very good.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: Go-Busters 49 released

Post by ReversedSentai »

Enter's Red Buster costume looks very cool. I must say I like its styling. Goddamn, Ryuuji's speech to Hiromu was really touching. The music in the background was so appropriate too.

Seeing Nakamura and Morishita's resolution to stay by was also very moving. I can't believe next week's the last episode of Go-Busters. I'm gonna miss this series. ;_;
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

I really like the Dark Red Buster's design. I may actually get a Figuarts version of it if it's released.

As for why Jin's data is the key... I guess they can kill off a secondary member, but not the Red? It's like how they did that for Zyu, Aba and Time. And Jin has always been ready to 'die' in that sense... Or it could be that since there's a part of Jin's data fragment within the card in Hiromu, there could be some way to make Jin 'whole' again.

Okay, the fused human-cyborg thingums in the Enetron Tank is freaky.
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Post by Magenta »

I really love how this final mini-arc of the show (going back to the Goseiger comparisons from the last thread, kinda interesting really, isn't it, how Go-Bus has kinda ended up matching Gosei by sheer retooling accident? Competent Enter Warstar, Frustrated Enter UMA, Scheming Enter Matrintis, Triumphant Enter Brazila. Hmmm...) comes back and addresses all these things from earlier you thought were irrelevant

Like who would have guessed Tiararoid's ep and Puppetroid's ep mattered so much to the plot? or that ep much earlier on where Enter can't figure out why Red was beating him. Or episode 3, with the Metacell-injected people turning into bizarre mook-human hybrids... oh hi, they're back, I guess. Except even creepier now they're purely Enter's food.

Wow. I love this show. It's great how it keeps managing to tie up all the loose ends you never even realized were loose ends. Fantastic.

I hope we get one last ANALYZE MODE before the show ends, just cause that hasn't been used in ages. :V
ima sugu shutsudoukable
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I'm pretty sure Megazord Omega was called ages ago. I know I called a Go-Buster was going to sacrifice his/herself in the first few episode discussions.

For the whole Jin's data thing.

If you remember in the last episode they said they will have only a small time frame to locate and destroy the 13th card. Destroy the wrong data and Hiromu is dead anyways.

However they can look for Jin's data in Card 13 instead of trying to find Card 13 itself they now have a target. Think of it as their own Marker System to destroy the card.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

The twists continue. I'm still trying to figure out how this is going to resolve adequately. My biggest fear is that it's going to end
Spoiler
with a non-ending like Liveman did with no real resolution, just hollow victory and then the realization that everything is still pretty screwed up
(spoiler tag just to be safe?).

Trying to remember how many Sentai in the past have actively hung a lampshade on the 'civilian' casualties like Go-Busters does.

I'm excited for Kyoryuger, but I'm seriously going to miss Go-Busters when it ends.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

This episode is so awesome that I don't have words to describe. The call back to everything happened in earlier episodes, the whole history repeating itself, showing actual casualties... Ryuuji basally said they killed their parents, only replacing the word with "shut down" for this is a kid's show. The dark nature of this show, is what I really like about Go-Busters.

takenoko wrote:I'm not really sure why they need Jin's data to extract the card from Hiromu. Maybe there's something in the explanation I missed. I guess it exists to give Jin a reason to sacrifice himself.
When Jin push the black block towards the red one, he pulled the single black out of the red one and plug it into the the black one.

I guess like all things in nature, the data wanted to be whole again. Jin's fragment data (in the card) is attracted to the original data (Jin in the glass box).

So when the card in Hiromu get close to Jin in the box, the data in the card will get pulled out of Hiromu and absorbed into Jin in order to become whole again. But since Jin has become quite fragile after so many battles, the force of the merge might scattered Jin's original data altogether (like the scattered black blocks)
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O

Post by PHurricane »

I’m not sure what’s worse - the thought that Enter would regenerate with more of Hiromu’s data if their attack at the beginning of the episode had worked, or the fact that they threw everything except the kitchen sink at Enter and it didn’t leave a scratch. Enter always had the smarts to make him a scary villain, but now he’s got the sheer power to back up (no pun intended) his plans.

Enter Buster (does he have an official name?) is a very nice design, blending elements of the normal Buster suits, Powered Custom, Beet/Stag, his normal Vaglass armor, and his monster form. So, the Busters’ helmets all have an animal theme. Does Enter’s have an official designation? It strikes me as a cobra of sorts, with the way it flares out on the sides and has fangs around the eyes, which would be fitting for a villain of his caliber.

One thing I like about Ryuuji’s speech to Hiromu is that it calls back to a few conversations he’s had before - he tends to check to make sure someone’s okay, then reams them out. But I agree with the earlier posts that some of the best moments in this episode were where nothing was said at all - the Busters’ reflection on the fragility of the promise they made to the two children and the likelihood that they won't save their parents after all, and Kuroki’s reflection on losing the entire staff of the facility 13 years earlier and his fear that he may lose the survivors that were entrusted into his care despite the request from Hiromu's father. Plus, J’s suit actor somehow manages to convey that he’s brooding in the background the entire time that Jin is casually talking about a way to remove the card from Hiromu that would result in his own destruction. J has had a lot of scene-stealing moments all season by doing goofy stuff in the background, but it's nice to see him having an equally large presence by being deadly serious as well.

Actually, everyone gets a moment to shine, from Kuroki confirming that he’s on the same page as Jin, Jin’s pride at the lengths the core 3 Busters are willing to go to protect the planet, J’s quiet concern over Jin’s survival as I mentioned above, and even Morishita and Nakamura’s determination to see the fight through to the end.

I think they might be trying to leave the specifics of Jin’s plan somewhat of a mystery to the audience so they have one least reveal on that front in the final episode, and so the audience goes through the emotional whammy of Jin proposing to sacrifice himself at the same time as when the rest of the team finds out. I think Yaiba and I are approaching it the same way. I get the impression that Jin will be using his data like a magnet to attract the fragments of Card 13 out of Hiromu. You can have iron fillings in a pile of, say, sand, but if you bring a magnet close to the pile the iron fillings (Card 13) will leap up and leave the sand (Hiromu) behind mostly undisturbed. There’s just no guarantee that what you pull out will any semblance of order to it.

Looking forward to the ending. The last few episodes have been fantastic, so I hope the final episode finds a way to meet the bar that’s been set.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Enter Buster (does he have an official name?) is a very nice design

Probably not till he's defeated, since Asahi only updates the villain section when the monster is defeated. Every reference to him is only as "the evil Red Buster".

> Does Enter’s have an official designation?

Since he took the data from Hiromu, I would hope that it's also a cheetah
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

takenoko wrote:
> Does Enter’s have an official designation?

Since he took the data from Hiromu, I would hope that it's also a cheetah
I got a lot of 'bigger' cat feelings from it, personally, like some sort of leopard or panther. Though that might just be me XD

And I've seen it referred to both as Black Red Buster and Dark Red Buster. I guess we'll find out afterwards! And maybe if we ever get a figuart! *fingers crossed*
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

The Dark Red Buster's Figuarts would just print money.
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu

Post by Arawynn »

Ryuuji was really authoritative when he gave Hiromu the telling off. I hope the final battle and the way they conclude is epic and not full of contradictions and overwhelming info. Looking forward to the last one.
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Was Ryuuji not actually allowed to hit him or something? I thought it was kinda half assed that he stoped before smacking him in the face.

Look forward to the ending. The last few episodes have really got my attention.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i think it was a call back to when kurorin put hiromu in danger.

so, yeah, we finally have our sixth ranger. makes my wonder if next year's team-up we are gonna have a "enemy mine" so Enter can be in the transformation sequence...
Last edited by locuas on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't think it would have been in Ryuuji's character to hit Hiromu. He's not a hot-blooded guy who has no sense of self control. He just wanted to show Hiromu how upset he was with him.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”