Who ya gonna call?
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Re: Go-Busters 50 (Final Mission) released

Post by locuas »

toni2212 wrote: I just checked the other pages, and it kinda disappointing that the 3 main Go-Busters has a cracked visor scene while Jin hasn't (J didn't need to, we know there's no face there), considering in the pages we can see Hiroya Matsumoto wearing the BeetBuster suit in full. Talk about being letdown. :(
I tought it made sense. Jin is a hologram, so must be his suit. The suit's visor can't be "cracked" since it isn't actual glass(or whatever the visor's are mode of) i would even dare to say that it is not even a suit, as much as an alternate form of jin's hologram.
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

locuas wrote:
toni2212 wrote: I just checked the other pages, and it kinda disappointing that the 3 main Go-Busters has a cracked visor scene while Jin hasn't (J didn't need to, we know there's no face there), considering in the pages we can see Hiroya Matsumoto wearing the BeetBuster suit in full. Talk about being letdown. :(
I tought it made sense. Jin is a hologram, so must be his suit. The suit's visor can't be "cracked" since it isn't actual glass(or whatever the visor's are mode of) i would even dare to say that it is not even a suit, as much as an alternate form of jin's hologram.
I agree on Jin. It would have been cool to see J with a cracked visor, though.
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

locuas wrote:
Isn't Jin's suit comes from J? J strips down to allow Jin to transform (says Nick)
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

toni2212 wrote:
locuas wrote: I tought it made sense. Jin is a hologram, so must be his suit. The suit's visor can't be "cracked" since it isn't actual glass(or whatever the visor's are mode of) i would even dare to say that it is not even a suit, as much as an alternate form of jin's hologram.
Isn't Jin's suit comes from J? J strips down to allow Jin to transform (says Nick)
they have shown Jin transform with J not needing to transform.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

J rode Nick.

Hiromu making Ace use his super speed was awesome.

That last finisher was cool. Enter keeping his cool was he died too.

That scene when they decide to sacrifice Jin was awesome and intense.

The ending was pretty good.

What to say about GB? In the beginning it seemed very lame with the characters throwing glasses to look cool and a weak main trio, even though it had awesome action, some of the best and most varied giant fights, a great effort in building the scenario and an awesome villain. But bit by bit it started to become a great series. they cut out the silly attempts to look cool and started to focus on the plot. The introduction of a great 4th buster and his buddyroid wer also essential for that.

What really made me stick to this series, besides the great action and Enter was that they created several different situations. It wasn't just the MOTW randomly destroying the city and the rangers fighting him. Enter always hada a plan and the busters had to devise a plan to counter his schemes. And while the metaroid was always deleted, Enter managed to accomplish his objectives many times. Those varied situations also gave birth to the different kinds of battles and actions they had to perform in the mechas. The fact that many times they had to split in order to fight both the metaroid and the megazord was also another breath of fresh air in comparison to most series.

The scenario was very well built. I like the attention they gave to details and how true they stayed to it, instead of just creating magical solutions. The mass produced giant enemies was also a great idea.

The plot was good and I really loved how everything they showed proved to be important in the end. Everything was there for a reason and I can't remember a single loose end. It was fantastic. I also loved how they made the characters sacrifice things to win, instead of just coming up with some courage power up to save the day. This made everything more interesting. The fact that they didn't forget the main characters special powers and weaknesses as the series progressed was another good point.

The music was ok, but it surely wasn't one of the strong points in comparison to other series. I didn't like the second ED theme very much. It would've been good as a BGM theme, but the original was better.

I already mentioned the great action choreography and the excellent giant fights.

As for the characters, Nakamura and Morishita didn't have much screentime, which was a shame. Nakamura interacted more with the main characters, but poor Morishit only had a little arc to show he was more than just an operator.

Kuroki was an awesome commander and he had enough time to show that. He even had time to show a more comical side of himself.

As for the main characters:

Nick was a good character. He was funny but also did his job of Hiromu's partner and common sense very well.

Gorisada was a pain. He was lame and annoying. The fact that he couldn't interact with the other vbecause of his suit made it worse.

Usada was funny as the funny as the snarker, but they made him a trashbin that can't really interact with people...

Ryuji was supposed to be the big brother, but they gave him a passive personality that doesn't really fit with the role. He started to get better after Jin showed up and he started to be less serious and found his dream again. Also, he had the best characters to interact with in his episodes and got a rival in Escape.

Hiromu isn't a real red. He isn't a real leader. That's his biggest problem IMO. Also, his bluntness is just there. If they made him an awkward guy because of that or something...

That's the problem with Yoko. What are her traits? She's bratty AND dumb. And they don't make her bratty and dumb enought to be funny, so she's just lame, the poor girl. And what's worse, they threw lots of episodes to try to force us to like her. She does get better later though, when her bratty side gets downplayed.

BUT, all of them show real fiber when they sacrifice A lot to save the world. And they are brave and intense. Yes, they aren't the best main cast, but they were very well used in the series. And they had some development. And their actors pulled the serious moments off, even if they weren't really good.

And then there was Jin. He really changed the series. His presence made the interactions of the main characters and Kuroki flow better and he added a lot of comedy to the series. He was very smart, cunning and resourceful. He also was very brave and could be very intense. He acted as a mentor to the main trio and did a great job at it.

J was also a good character. He was full of nonsense, bringing a lot of laughs. And yet he had a serious side that cared for Jin and the others.

But GB wouldn't have been this awesome without the main villains. Messiah was just a raging head. I'm talking about Enter and Escape.

Escape was obsessed with fighting and helping her papa. She seemed lame. But she started to grow as a character as she interacted with Enter and the Busters. Her rivalry with Blue was also nice. A pity she didn't have much time. And what they did with her backups made us care for her more.

And Enter... What to say about Enter other than that he's the best Sentai villain? He was brilliant. He made great plans and managed to accomplish his goals many times. He also grew a lot. He started as a calm and calculating machine but started to get more and more like humans as he interacted with the busters. He was sarcastic, funny and witty. And his forms and moves were pretty cool. I really like how they made him learn emotions and use them agains the heroes, like they do against the villains.

The only thing that was totally lame in the series was the Gavan crossover. They lost 2 precious episodes just to advertise the movie...

Let's hope kyouryuger is good/
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

PHurricane wrote:Also when they’re getting ready to do the All-Buster Attack, I love how J has eyes only for Jin, and Jin hesitates for a moment, because they both know the force of the attack will put too much stress on the avatar. Actually, J and how that black bar becomes a key focal point in almost every scene he’s in is quite moving.
takenoko wrote:Going over the QC, I just realized that Jin's last command/order to J is to protect the world. So J with his badge in the forest at the end is him following Jin's last wish.
So I read these two statements, remembered what I was thinking during the episode, and now my thinking is thus:

PHurricane, you say that Jin hesitates briefly because he knew the force of the attack will put too much stress on the avatar. I didn't quite think of it that way at the time but in retrospect I think I agree with you. What I really like about that scene is that J makes the first move, placing his hand on Youko's shoulder first to join in on the attack. It seemed to me that Jin only placed his hand on Ryuuji's shoulder after watching J and seeing what he had done.

If J is following Jin's last order to protect the world, as takenoko says, then I interpret that scene as J doing just that, taking the first step and making his OWN decision to do what needs to be done to stop Enter, even though he knows that it's probably the thing that'll kill Jin. He realises that this is what Jin wants and that it's the right thing to do.

It's a very small gesture from J when you watch him place his hand on Youko's shoulder but, when I think about it that way, it's also a very powerful one!

Damn I'm going to miss Go-Busters! :(
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Phoenix512 wrote:
dancercotillion wrote:Congratulations, Youko, you got into high school!

But you're years behind everyone else in club activities and extracurriculars on top of being a poor student; Go-Busting is probably still classified to protect their civilian lives, so good luck getting into a good college with those transcripts. Looks like someone's going to be OL Youko-tan for the rest of her life~
She just needs to past entrance exam for college in Japan. Also she probably wouldn't be an OL with her skills in combat.
Sure, ruin my dreams.
shadowblade330
Infinity
Favorite series: Faiz, Ace
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Anime

Post by shadowblade330 »

this one was a good series Poor Jin
thanks TVN for subbing this
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Phoenix512 wrote:
dancercotillion wrote:Congratulations, Youko, you got into high school!

But you're years behind everyone else in club activities and extracurriculars on top of being a poor student; Go-Busting is probably still classified to protect their civilian lives, so good luck getting into a good college with those transcripts. Looks like someone's going to be OL Youko-tan for the rest of her life~
She just needs to past entrance exam for college in Japan. Also she probably wouldn't be an OL with her skills in combat.

Plus, that's assuming she doesn't get married.

OL's are generally "encouraged" to retire if they get hitched, right?
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

m4rc0 wrote: That's the problem with Yoko. What are her traits? She's bratty AND dumb. And they don't make her bratty and dumb enought to be funny, so she's just lame, the poor girl. And what's worse, they threw lots of episodes to try to force us to like her. She does get better later though, when her bratty side gets downplayed.
I thought she was fun. As the youngest, her bratty/dumb moments are just signs of her immaturity. Her desire to be someone who doesn't need protecting struck a chord with me. In the Japanese media, you don't often see girls her age represented in this way. It felt very fresh and modern to me.
Tomos
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Languages/singing

Post by Tomos »

I was very surprised that Jin actually died.
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka (Mele)
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

Arigomi wrote:
m4rc0 wrote: That's the problem with Yoko. What are her traits? She's bratty AND dumb. And they don't make her bratty and dumb enought to be funny, so she's just lame, the poor girl. And what's worse, they threw lots of episodes to try to force us to like her. She does get better later though, when her bratty side gets downplayed.
I thought she was fun. As the youngest, her bratty/dumb moments are just signs of her immaturity. Her desire to be someone who doesn't need protecting struck a chord with me. In the Japanese media, you don't often see girls her age represented in this way. It felt very fresh and modern to me.
I felt the same way. In some ways, Yoko just felt more "real" as a character to me compared to some other female characters that we've seen in previous series.

Plus, she has a Rider kick and that's major points for me lol
meljta
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai and Riders
Favorite Actor?: Junya Ikeda
My boom: Japon
Quote: Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reings, yet by the blade of knights, maikind was given hope.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by meljta »

Tomos wrote:I was very surprised that Jin actually died.
me too...i thought he was going to survive in some way to the final.
to sad :(
m4rc0 wrote: That scene when they decide to sacrifice Jin was awesome and intense.
really I believe that I cried in that part LOL....i'm a craybaby :)
We are the two-in-oneKamen Rider
Impact
7X
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger
Favorite Band: Gackt
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Shio Ramen
Quote: "Dios no me ama!"

Post by Impact »

I'll admit that I wasn't too fond of this particular team. At first. Seemed a bit silly at the beginning. The small size of the original team threw me off a bit too. I'm glad I stuck through it though.

Enter was an awesome rival for the group. He played it very smart. I started to like him more than Messiah almost immediately. I remember the moment when I realized he was a different tier of bad guy; when he's trying to explain to Messiah (early in the series, I believe) that if they just store up more energy and send multiple Megazords, they would be able to crush the Go-Busters, yet Messiah would have none of it. Loved that his last battle wasn't inside the Megazord.

As for Jin, well, everyone's basically said it all. He was without a doubt my favorite character on the show, along with J. He brought a freshness to the show that I feel really helped the show take off. Oh the feels when Enter was defeated and everyone collapsed, save Jin. He was just standing there, head down, accepting of his fate as he faded awsy. Very well acted.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”