Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Go-Busters 50 (Final Mission) released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki thread: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Go-Busters_Mission_50

Oh man, I cried all the manly tears. I feel like Jin and J were too underused in the series, but Jin's scene was really powerful to me.

I really appreciated that they didn't cop out and give the series a kiddy ending. If you've been listening to me talk about this series, you should know what I mean by that by now. Even after the events of the subdimension, I was calling a "the parents and Jin get revived thanks to the backup data".

Nope! The Busters made their sacrifice, and it really meant something, since it wasn't undone by deus ex machina. And I really appreciate this new mature take on story telling that has been going on in the last year. (Another fine example of this is the Telltale Walking Dead game.) Injecting these things that are normally thought of as children's entertainment gives them a fresh maturity.

Kid's shows are fun, but you're not going take them seriously if everyone gets whatever they want without having to sacrifice anything to get it. Like Basco says, to get something you have to give something up. That's just life.

Despite basically knowing how this episode would turn out, I was still ensorcelled by it. It kept the suspense running to the very end.

My only complaint is maybe extend the epilogue 5-10 minutes. The Busters are the mature Sentai heroes of modern times, but they're not heartless. They should have mourned for Jin at least a little bit.

I'm fascinated that they don't address the possibility of Jin being Youko's dad. Could I have been totally wrong about that?

Have you guys noticed how beaten up the Stag Buster costume is? It looks like someone stabbed the chest part a bunch of times.

By the way, Enter's Buster form is called Dark Buster.

Oh, I just realized that's the ending shot with Hercules and Lioh added. I don't remember if they were added before or not.

I can't help but look at the book in Ryuuji's office and go R-Boot and wonder if that was supposed to be Robot. Ryuuji, are those the schematics for Ace? Ace has already been invented. You should go design your own Megazord.

J's black box.

Series ends as it began. With Hiromu driving down that bridge wearing the same outfit. If that's the same Enetron Tank (I don't think it is) then he's going backwards from the start of the series.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: Go-Busters 50 (Final Mission) released

Post by ReversedSentai »

Dang, a sacrifice. Haven't seen that in Sentai for a long time. That pretty much solidified Go-Busters' ending, in my opinion.

But honestly, the epilogue was really rushed. I wish there was a better transition for after the battle.

C'est la vie, heh. Really reminded me of Sailor Moon when I saw that, but yeah, that was a fitting end for Enter.

Wait, what? There's no preview for Kyouryuuger's first episode? :|
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

takenoko wrote:My only complaint is maybe extend the epilogue 5-10 minutes. The Busters are the mature Sentai heroes of modern times, but they're not heartless. They should have mourned for Jin at least a little bit.
I admit to being snarky here but, if the same show wouldn't show them mourn over their parents back during the Gavan 2-parter then, this doesn't surprise me.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

All of the actors KILLED it in this episode. Just beautiful performances all around.

Enter continued to break my heart till the end. He just wanted to be human, he just never understood what that meant. I think he got it at the very end. Reminded me a lot of Basco's final scene. I'm glad he stayed true to his polite self instead of dissolving into a mindless fury like Messiah would have done (and many Big Bads have in the past). Good job, great Final Boss. Very proud of Jinnai Sho for the acting.

Toei killing me with all of the shipping feels. Not my fault, the Kuroki/Jin ship sails itself. I'm just along for the (heartbreaking) ride.

Good stuff. I'm going to miss this season.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I had to admit Jin and J broke my heart this episode. I felt so bad for both of them.

Final fight was awesome but I have two questions.

How did Hiromu not burn alive when his suit was busted, and why didn't Ryuji overheat?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

The one thing that bothered me was using that stupid door transition to go into the mecha battle. That was really bad, and there wasn't a commercial break there to justify it.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It was a great ending for a series that try to break the mold of Sentai was in for the last decade or so. I like Jin had to remind the others that they were willing to sacrifice Hiromu but when Jin wanted to sacrifice himself that they had second thoughts. That was an amazing scene.

I was a bit disappointed with the final mecha battle but I guess defeating Enter at normal size was the way to go. I was a bit expected J to say Nick's name when Nick was in bike mode instead of Bike.

Jin being a Jedi spirit is the way to go out. I think Toei is slowly okay with no deus no machina on its characters with Ankh and now Jin. I don't think J has a black box but it was a black bar where they were doing the whole Hiromu Card 13 data thing.

Youko not looking like a child at the very end was very nice.

Goodbye Go-Busters, it was fun.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Youko not looking like a child at the very end was very nice.

Except for wearing a schoolgirl outfit.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

Oh yeah, I just remembered. No Pink Buster cameo. I actually really like her character. She had great chemistry with Hiromu. :(

Other than that, Go-Busters was an amazing series. I know after coming from an anniversary series, Gokaiger, many people weren't too impressed with Go-Busters at first, but this series was amazing from the beginning to the end. Goddamn, Jin makes a noble sacrifice to protect the three Busters and their dreams.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

takenoko wrote:>Youko not looking like a child at the very end was very nice.

Except for wearing a schoolgirl outfit.
She looks more like a teenager with the schoolgirl outfit compared to some of more childish civilian clothes she wore throughout the series.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Awesome ending to the series. Jin kinda stole the spotlight though. His scenes are well executed and are very touching and powerful.

Like take said, there is no deus ex machina to resolve everything. What's done is done. They need to live with the decisions they made.

I'm amused there are still surprises with the mecha battle in the final episode. Since Enter knows everything about the Busters, they need to find new ways of fighting, and we got to see Ace moving at super high speed like Hiromu does.

With Enter's last words I think he finally got it. As human, in life, not everything is perfect and goes according to plan. "It's life".
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

In their first appearance, way back in Gokaiger v. Gavan, Yellow Buster said that the Go-Busters better work hard so that they didn’t lose to the Gokaigers. Well, mission accomplished.

The finale hit all of the points that it needed to. Jin'a speech to everyone, and their respective reactions, was heartwrenchingly wonderful. Superb acting, as others have already pointed out. I was pleased (and relieved) that they didn’t go with the magic ending where everyone is restored. This show has always striven to display the consequences of actions in as realistic a light as possible, and making Jin’s sacrifice permanent ensures that it is a sacrifice and not just a temporary hiccup.

(Not to say that I think that was the last time we saw Jin...or Enter. I expect the latter to be the villain of the next VS movie, and since Jin is a genius and he was joined with Card 13 before his body fell apart, I’m sure he’ll get pulled along for the ride when Enter is somehow revived.)

Ah, Enter. Like I said in our group viewing, I felt bad for him when they come together to do their final attack. For as much as Dark Buster was superior to the group in battle the last couple episodes, since it was 5 vs. 1 in a sentai finale, he stood no chance of winning. Truly one of the most memorable and outstanding sentai villains in recent memory, and possibly in the history of the show. No tears, but I literally applauded when he said Adieu.

Also when they’re getting ready to do the All-Buster Attack, I love how J has eyes only for Jin, and Jin hesitates for a moment, because they both know the force of the attack will put too much stress on the avatar. Actually, J and how that black bar becomes a key focal point in almost every scene he’s in is quite moving.

I didn’t notice how beat up the Stag Buster costume was until someone pointed it out, but I have to give kudos to the costuming department for the finale. The broken helmets and exposed wires and circuitry in the main three suits was amazing looking and visually emphasized the beating Enter was still dishing out in his weakened state.

Weakest point of this episode was that final Megazord battle. They really didn’t need it, other than to showcase the mechas one last time. Pity they didn’t take a page out of Gokaiger’s finale and just skip it.

My favorite part of the epilogue was Nakamura doing the photo countdown. It’s not a Go-Busters episode without her countdown!

One final thought, that popped up during my morning commute - if love was the human emotion that Escape ultimately fell prey to, then I think pride would be Enter’s equivalent. I think the Busters would have eventually figured out that Hiromu was Enter’s backup, but if Enter hadn’t bragged about it to their faces then it might have been too late for them to stop him.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Going over the QC, I just realized that Jin's last command/order to J is to protect the world. So J with his badge in the forest at the end is him following Jin's last wish.

By the way, something funny about the villain profiles on the TV-Asahi page is that they include an "Ideal environment" section. Enter's ideal environment is "A world with Red Buster in it." I've been translating them for the wiki, feel free to scroll through the episode pages to read them. Most of them are pretty obvious, but some of them have a small joke in them.

Also, I really wonder why they put those shitty giant text blocks at the bottom of Go-Busters throughout the whole series. Man, those are annoying.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Man, what to say that everyone else hasn't already. I mean really. The sacrifice that Jin went through to save everyone and the heartbreak you could feel from everyone else, especially J. It may have started out silly, but this has been one of the best sentai series I've ever watched.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Also, it's pretty sweet to have the CM Pack include the splashes that we didn't get around to using.

You might recognize Matsuyama Mary from Garo in one of the CM.

I don't think it's any coincidence that the narrator is talking about the end and it shows Jin's face.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”