Who ya gonna call?
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >
samelf
7X

Re: Go-Busters 50 (Final Mission) released

Post by samelf »

I like the small touches you might miss just watching it one time. Like for example when enter explodes you can see his face super imposed over the fireball screaming out as the last of his data is being deleted. You have to look pretty closely to see it but I thought it was neat and hope some one gets a screenshot of it .
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh man, what if Go-Busters had a time travel element and that big giant Enter head went back in time 13 years to become the actual Messiah. Perfect time loop, complete.
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

Wow...the last time we had a real sacrifice was, what, Abaranger? (Unless you count Rio and Mele in Gekiranger.) They wussied out on a sacrifice in Dekaranger and I thought this would end the same but...they proved me wrong! I am already wondering how they will do Kyoryuger vs. Gobusters with Jin dead.

But wow...I loved this series and I loved the last episode. I was prepared for a let down after the awesomeness of Gokaiger and I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe I should keep my expectations lowered every year!
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
samelf
7X

Post by samelf »

I got the screen shot finally it took a few times because it happens only for a split second and if you blink you miss it.

DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

Wow... I tried not to read any spoilers before this episode aired... although i accidently read "Goodbye Jin" on Rangercrew.

The episode was amazing. No... THE WHOLE SERIES WAS AMAZING (Better than Gokaiger imo)! Everything tied together perfectly and seeing Jin's sacrifice tore my heart strings. Back in the second quarter Jin was such a laid back awesome guy but then during this episode he became outright serious... I loved the acting on all actor's parts from the screaming, the crying, everything... I kind of lost it when I saw Ryoma (Ryuuji's actor) sheding a few tears during last week's preview (man-crush... no homo... seriously LOL).

I'm also happy that there was no "magic solution" to the ending and what done is done. For the fate of Planet Earth they had to make sacrifices, I salute to all those who have been "erased".

Now I just need to watch: The Premiere Meeting (... I can't believe its been a year actually), Gokaiger vs Go-Busters and probably the Final Live Show ... I want to see the GB's last words before they leave and become "the other Sentai team" or "Sentai 2012".

au revoir Go-Busters.

PS: I really hope the villain of Go-Bus vs Kyoryu is like INSERT or something haha.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Clearly somehow Enter is going to be brought back to life in the GoBust/Kyoryuu movie. Maybe there will be a bad guy that brings monsters to life from fossils or something.

When Enter is brought back, because of Cards 4 and 7, Jin will return with him.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Since I have a old windows 98, I cannot view you guy's videos due to outdated software. (Hoping for a windows 7 soon)

So I had to watch this 3rd party unfortunetly. BUT, that does not stop me from giving my thoughts on the final episode.

Not much to say when everybody else pretty much said it first. This season was the best Sentai of all time, better than Jetman, better than MagiRanger, better than DekaRanger, heck it's very close to being better than TimeRanger. (Dont kill me Reversed :P )

I really loved the sacrifice Jin Masato took in order to save Hiromu, and defeat Enter once an for all.

Speaking of Enter, he went out like a fucking badass. Even when he was dying from the all busters attack, he still kept his (Somewhat) cool personality.

And I really loved how they did not Deus ex Machina Jin or the parents, it really shows what kind of sacrifice they really had to make in order to stop a being that's on par with the Machines from the Matrix trilogy, and Skynet from Terminator.

Enter will forever be THE BEST villain ever in a sentai show. He kept his cool, he had a sneaky agenda, he had a plan. He had a plan for his plan. He had a plan for his plan that's for he main plan. He has a backup plan, he has a backup plan for his backup plan. This guy is so smart and ingenius and ruthless yet suave and cool tempered that it really astounds me. You almost NEVER see a villain like him in any kids show.

With that, a epically awesome ending to a epically awesome season.

Haters who stopped watching after the first few episodes, watch it.

You watch it now yes? Yes? YES?? YES????? WATCH IT!!! You watch??? Yes now?? Now???
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

Lunchboxx wrote: Not much to say when everybody else pretty much said it first. This season was the best Sentai of all time, better than Jetman, better than MagiRanger, better than DekaRanger, heck it's very close to being better than TimeRanger. (Dont kill me Reversed :P )
Better than DekaRanger?! How can that be?! :o

Heh, but honestly, I do agree that Go-Busters definitely deserve respect. This series took Sentai in a different direction at first-glance and took the story to a whole new level. This ending pretty much is the proof of that.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Oh man, I cried all the manly tears. I feel like Jin and J were too underused in the series, but Jin's scene was really powerful to me.
Crying is the only manly way to partake in this episode. Jin begging to effectively be killed - giving up on being able to see a fascinating world so that the rest of the world may continue living it - just breaks your heart. And they call this a kid's show? :o

Man am I going to miss this series. I'm going to miss the plot, the characters, the masterful mecha fights. Hell I'm even going to miss the villains - no, I'll especially miss the villains. This is the kind of exquisite series that only comes around once in a great while; the kind of show that improves on Sentai only by breaking it completely. Something that cannot be repeated.

On the plus side, we're getting a direct-to-video release.:D Those have been hit and miss (the most recent Goseiger one in particular being a huge miss), but with Go-Busters throwing Sentai conventions out the window, I have a lot of hope for this one.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I have no words for how beautiful this was. I knew from near the start that this would end up being one of my favorite Sentai series, since every tv show I've ever watched where Kobayashi Yasuko was a writer (since I imagine she also worked on the Den-O movies, and some of those were less than stellar) has been fantastic. I was not, however, expecting to come out of this and not have it in my "pile of Sentai favorites that all tie for first place because I love them all." but that's what happened.

Go-Busters, for me, exists as its own entity. As I said at least once before, it's not one of my favorite Sentai series. It's one of my favorite series, and it happens to be Sentai, too.

I'm going to miss this series, and I can't wait for the next appearances we get via movies and stuff. and just 3 more series to get through before the 40th, where I'm sure someone or more will show up and be awesome for a cameo.

I'm also glad they used the original opening at the end. I would've been sad if they didn't use it at least one more time.

so... yeah. I could gush forever over this series, but.... I'm just going to savor it and hope I can find a decent free weekend and just marathon the hell out of this series.

goodbye, Go-Busters. goodbye Jin. may the future in your world be bright and happy.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Wow, sucks that such character had to die, something I never really agreed with if it was children shows. But still it was a noble sacrifice. I didn't think they would do it for real until Takeshi had a bad feeling scene that's when I realized it's for real. And it's interesting how they didn't really focus on him vanishing for good after Enter's defeat. If I didn't take time to look at whole scene, I would have missed it.

I really love fighting scenes. It seems so passion and great job stunt actors and regular actors.

For long time, J's tears mark on his face seems to match what have happened in this ep. It's like he's filled with sorrow of being unable to stop Jin from dying.
It's also weird, even though we can't see his facial expression but in this ep, scene where he looks at Jin's body, I can feel his sorrow.

Also, part of me is glad that Enter finally understood even though he is bad guy. Sometimes it's great to know answer to something in life before one dies.

Heh, at silly pass on torch.

Also, I wish I knew who said that few lines in that ep. Couldn't tell if it was Jin or Hiromu, ah well.
Last edited by Silentwolfdog on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Quetzalcoatl
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Kumbia Kings
My boom: Lowriders
Quote: "Chicanos killing Chicanos is what they want! Blacks and Chicanos killing each other is what they want! That's how they run this place. Once we get together they don't run shit!"

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Damn, Jin Data gone, just like that when the battle was done.
Damn it, These manly tears, won’t stop pouring.
J and Jin, You were my main reason to made this show special for me.

lol I love at the end that Lion was like all, We did it.

Kuroin and J in the end made my day. J crying.
Weird, I thought Machine didn't have emotion. Why am I noticing this now?

The traditional baton pass in the end was kinda funny, Red Buster had to calm Red Kyouryuuger down lol.

This series was awesome, I tell you. I glad I watch it through. At the beginning it was kinda hard for Go-Buster to get into. They had a hard time trying to surpass Gokaiger too, but they did it.
I do hope that the vs movie will take place after the series.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.

Post by Kuchiri »

http://www.orendsrange.com/2013/02/hiro ... R3l6vKa2HB - Hiroya Matsumoto's final words in character as Jin.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Totally agree with everyone on the epilogue. They should have just ended the battle with the megazord fight, and used the time from the last hand-to-hand scene to extend the ending.

It was just so... hollow.

It's like take said, they didn't mourn Jin at all. But there's more than that.

You barely got an idea of what everyone was going to do now. Ryuji gets to be an engineer and Youko's going into a regular school... but what about everyone else? One character not knowing what he's going to do (Hiromu) is one thing (even understandable, we've all been there), but no closure for the rest of the main cast? We invest a lot of time into these characters, it's kind of like a big middle finger to us not having at least SOME idea where everyone else was going.

An ending is also supposed to be bittersweet, but everything was so rushed that you didn't get a chance to feel anything. No hanging up the changers, no slow instrumentals, no emotional farewells, nothing. Shows that DIDN'T have main characters who died managed to do this just fine in the past, you'd think that one which involved a hero sacrificing himself in the eleventh hour wouldn't have a problem.

But no, it's like... big bad's dead... BAM! Show's over!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't know about that. I've seen shows that are very egregious with the "boss is dead, show's over". The fact that we do see the main three Busters and J in their post-Busters lives does mean we had an epilogue.

Did you mean the Command Center staff? That would have been hard to do since we don't really get a feel for their personal lives beyond Morishita being good at math. Or was that Nakamura? I kind of feel like this was offset by their presence at the school ceremony and at the party. With their real families being dead, this show has shown that these staff members really do act as their surrogate families.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”