Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Go-Buster Premiere Meeting released

Post by takenoko »

At last, we see how it all started!

Youko looks ridiculously young in the meeting. I remember seeing initial pictures of her and thinking that they hired a child to be the yellow ranger.

The bit with the Gokaiger visit was nice.

Boo, the live song performance was lip synched.

I liked how the Busters' main highlight was how nice their chairs were in the cockpit.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Go-Buster Premiere Meeting released

Post by Lunagel »

Sid-sempai!

I was wondering about the Gokai jackets until they started their introductions. I have to wonder if that was scripted or not.

Stage shows really make you appreciate the effects in the finished product, that camera shaking for Ryuuji's attacks was just corny.

Ugh, lipsynch. Boriiiinnnng. Was this how it was at the meeting or was his live singing so bad they just shoved the CD version in for the DVD?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Given his posing and constant movement, it seems unlikely that they planned for him to perform it live. His voice would be shaking like crazy.

Edit: Oh weird fact. When I ripped this disc, I found that there were two audio tracks, but they're exactly the same. Not really sure why that was the case, maybe it was an error. They share the same CRC so they're literally the same audio track twice.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

The two best parts of this meeting has to be Joe acting all spastic as GokaiGreen, and of course, SID-SEMPAI!!

It feels like it wasn't scripted though.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

I really liked the Gokaiger bit; I felt that was a nice way to hand off their duties to the Go-Busters.
Lunagel wrote: Ugh, lipsynch. Boriiiinnnng. Was this how it was at the meeting or was his live singing so bad they just shoved the CD version in for the DVD?
My thoughts exactly. It didn't even look like he was singing at all.
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

I couldn't stop smiling and laughing when the Gokaiger's were over-doing each other's parts... it was hilarious especially with Yuki doing Don's part ... and OMG Kazuki doing Ahim's part was priceless!!!.... oh and of course Mao doing Gai's part oh.. and SID-SEMPAI.

Other than the other conference thing where they introduced the motif and the Buddyroids, this Meeting was awesome as well... although I seem to notice that they turned off Usada on this day while the other show had him turned on when the 3 Gokaiger's were interviewed (obviously to make it easier for Nick's suit actor to carry him).

Loved how Ryouma Baba as Ryuuji tried to over emphasize the cockpit details other than the seats ... such he wanted to be a robotics engineer.

Its amazing to see how young the three looked back then and it means so much once the series was over to see how much they've grown (their hair has grown and changed as well... I could've sworn Arisa's hair didn't change at all... while I noticed really noticable changes in the other two)

I'm going to miss you guys.
Quetzalcoatl
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Kumbia Kings
My boom: Lowriders
Quote: "Chicanos killing Chicanos is what they want! Blacks and Chicanos killing each other is what they want! That's how they run this place. Once we get together they don't run shit!"

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

It was kinda fun to see Gokaiger again, especially Mao. Oh Mao, How I miss you.
I feel Creep out Doc playing Ahim.
Gai, I'm Okay.
They certainly play that very well with the Gokai Change.

I love it how sometime Ryuuji face shift his eye left and right as it looks like ‘what is going on here’
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

I watched the Gokaiger part again... this time I was focusing on the Go-Busters' reaction. Ryouma spent most of the time cracking up laughing... especially at the Gokai Change. I read that Ryouma actually tried out for Gokai Silver when Gokaiger was airing... not sure if that's true or not but its great to see the Gokaiger having a laugh at each other's mannerisms in character. (Yuki was loving his role as Don haha)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I remember translating that thing about Ryouma auditioning for GokaiSilver for the wiki. I followed the references and apparently he said it in an interview for the April edition of Uchuusen last year.
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

^^^

Oh I see... its hard to imagine Ryouma playing Gokai Silver even though Ryouma could somehow pull it off... The role just fits with Junya more.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I mostly enjoyed watching the Gokaiger's part of the meeting. They were hilarious portraying as their other teammates. It was cool to see the original Go-Busters team here to see how short their hair looked. That's one thing I like about watching these yearly shows. To notice how long their hair has grown after a year. Lol...

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”