Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Re: Go-Busters vs Gokaiger released

Post by dancercotillion »

Obligatory Edo village, check. I fully expect someday for one of these segments to have them run smack into a previous team's jaunt to the exact same period. That's what I want in the 40th anniversary V-Cinema, to grab a random member of various teams who are all running around ~1770 Japan at the same time.

FINAL SUNVULCAN KITAAAA

Jesus Christ, Nobuhara broke that Goumin's back like he was Bane!
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

For what this movie was worth, I'm very happy with it. I give it an honest 9/10. I owe a lot of that to the anniversary attitude and the action.

OH YEAH - AHIM AND LUKA ARE GORGEOUS, EVEN MORE SO IN BLACK. THEY DRIVE MY HORMONES WILD... (ALMOST AS MUCH AS MAKO DOES.)

Thanks for the appearance, Hime-sama, but I miss your son... There's a lot I thought about as I first watched it. Though I do not disagree with anything they pulled off on this, there was a lot of alternatives running through my head for fan service. Stuff like:

1) I MISS SHIBA TAKERU. Kaoru can't replace him
2) In the Edo era set, I wanted stuff like a Kuroko to show up.
3) Since Gai said they were in 1712 (300 years from present day) I was looking forward for Shiba Retsudou and his original Shinkenger team to show up with the KyoryuuMaru (reference to Kyoryuuger) to help the Busters.
4) The "trust" thing was nice, given the same issue appearing in 199 Heroes between the Gosei Angels and the pirates. But there's something I preferred.

I WOULD PREFER:

Spoiler
When Jin talks about not being able to fix the Buddyroids, I expected him to mention Hiromu's father, and that only he would be able to do it. This would lead Hiromu to attempt to go back 13 years to stop the original Messiah from evolving, but realise that the Buster-Machines can't do it. On his trying to borrow GoZyuJin, we would get a nice, humanly emotional scene where Marvelous goes out of his way to get Hiromu to understand that changing the past would deny himself of the person he is - the same dilemma the Gokaigers faced in their final arc. And THAT understanding makes them a true 36th Sentai, no longer "immature" , to quote Marvelous.

Apart from that, I thoroughly enjoyed this one, because I see Toei finally learning and resolving some of the flaws that run through the history of their 37-year series. Well done Toei.

Oh, by the way, not to nitpick, takenoko and team, but I kinda spotted this and wanted to let you know. This is the 1080p version.

Thanks for all your hard work Tv-Nihon!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Toei really needs to cut down on the amount of footage they use in the Vs. movie previews. They gave away huge parts of the plot this year. :|

Regardless, the mecha action alone makes all of this totally worth it. Even in the movies Go-Busters does mechas better than any recent Sentai, past or future; the city sets are fantastic, and the use of models and suits over CGI remains unmatched. Though on that note, DaiZyuJin looked really out of place. Does anyone know if that was a new suit? It looks clean and unblemished almost to a fault.

Of course this makes me annoyed at Kyouryuuger's "mecha as a giant finisher weapon" style all the more.
takenoko wrote:Did they get a new sound guy? It seemed like they were actually using the surround sound for the battle scenes a lot better than they typically do with other movies. Maybe I was just being more observant (or maybe it was me setting my surround sound accurately for once).
It seemed the same to me, right down to the horrific use of reverb on the henshin device sounds to try to make them 5.1. Otherwise the placement of sound effects seemed as so-so as normal.[/quote]
I liked the Kyouryuuger introduction. It's a nice introduction to the broken team dynamics that make up the first month of the Kyouryuuger episodes, as well as gives us hints on the different character's backgrounds. Like Amy's part-time jobs and whatnot. "How is one man a sentai?!"
It's certainly the most consistent/best preview since they started doing this. There aren't obvious differences in voices, mannerisms, or fighting styles. As questionable as I find these, if Toei can do all of them as well as they did the Kyouryuugers, then they're more than welcome to keep doing the previews.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I believe Jealoushitto has appeared in nearly all the Gokai movies in some way or another. He was in the ghost pirate ship if I remember right.

I wouldn't say this felt more like a Go-Busters movie featuring Gokai, more like an episode of Go-Bus with a cameo from Gokai.... there was a five minute gap during the mecha scene. ((Why the flippin heck is Omega there....)) During the five minute gap I forgot I was watching a VS. movie, everything about it felt like an episode of Go-Bus. It sort of knocked me out of the loop.

Not a fan of the Go-Buster's grand power...
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

PHurricane wrote: Enter’s actions really bothered me, what with directly attacking Hiormu more than once as well as risking him being stuck in the past. I guess the explanation is the Enter wouldn’t need a back-up with all 5 Keys in the villains’ possession, but that’s the sort of eggs-in-one-basket plan that Enter was so good at avoiding throughout the series.
Well, hiromu is indestructible now, so maybe his plan was to defeat hiromu and take him? after all, Enter seems to be able to travel in time with no problem.

personally, i was dissapointed with the fight scenes. not that they were bad. i especially liked the gokaiger vs. go-buster scenes...since it actually had the transformed gokaiger and go-busters in the same scene.
one of the reasons why i liked the gosieger vs gokaiger movie(altough i have said before that i disliked goseiger) was because it had the rangers working together to defeat enemies. here, they all go to fight their respective series enemies and never do anything together(except for red-buster and gokaired in the enemies ship...that was cool). not even in the mecha fights do they work together. it's all "go-buster vs enter, Gokaiger vs...new gills".

i'm surrpised they did not used shinkenger's mecha.

Also, i have to:
Gai: We can talk to the shiba clan! they are the ancestors of the shinkenger, and use the same powers the shinkengers use in the present day!
Youko: wait, shouldn't that make them the actual 1th sentai?

Hey! gabutyra thinks Gorisaki is one of the bad guys!

and the dino curry returns!

the buddyroid conflict was...okay...there is nothing wrong with it, in fact, it was pretty well done. the problem is that, since we know this happens before the end of the series,we already know they are fine by the end of it. if this was during the last 10 episodes of go-busters, or in the kyoryuuger's team-up, the drama would have been much better in my opinion(altough when they finally returned, it was a great scene)

oh, come on, edo period, this has to be like the tenth time a tokusatsu show traveled back in time and started screwing around, i can see Eiji fighting yummies back there! stop looking surprised.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm just watching it again... There's no explicit teamup hair this time, but Doc's terrible wig may qualify anyhow.
ponkan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Shinken, Blade, Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Time, Akiba, GARO
Dreamy: Time Pink!
Favorite Actor?: Setsuko Hara
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: "Don't smoke too much, drink too much, eat too much or work too much. We're all on the road to the grave -- but there's no need to be in the passing lane. " - Robert Orben
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ponkan »

another generically plotted VS movie, well.. we've seen it coming right? but seeing Gokaiger back in action again for the very last time is really good, i definitely missed the cast.

the wig, the hell with Luka's wig! why does she have to wear one in the first place? it's kinda annoying.

amazing mecha action scenes! one of the best i've seen in cross-over movies so far, it's one of the film's cream of the corn.

Kaoru-san! though only a very brief cameo scene, it's good to see the former Shiba head reprise her role.

overall, a good movie, though not really the best these year.
"My heart goes GABU GABU!"
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

Snipped for unnecessary quoting -take

The Omega Megazord is actually used by Enter in the Finale episodes as well.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

ponkan wrote:the wig, the hell with Luka's wig! why does she have to wear one in the first place? it's kinda annoying.
Same reason as Doc, presumably. Her hair is different now, after however many months, and they had no choice. For Doc, it's because his was bleached to hell and he was almost certainly unwilling to go through that again for just a few days of shooting. Maybe Luka has a really short bob now, or it's also that her hair is now black and recolouring wasn't an option.

That makes three of the Gokaiger in this film wearing hair pieces, btw. Doc, Luka, and Joe, though Joe wore his in the show as well.
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

locuas wrote: Also, i have to:
Gai: We can talk to the shiba clan! they are the ancestors of the shinkenger, and use the same powers the shinkengers use in the present day!
Ah, but here you open a can of worms, because wouldn't Zyuranger and Kakuranger still predate Shinkenger, even if we count like this?
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

The final mecha battles in this movie is better imo than 199 heroes. Here we have an actual older mecha fighting instead of CGI cropping on most mecha.

Hey Kyoryuger, you already left when the Go-Busters nearly killed? that one feel forced to me. What's the point of cameoing if you are gonna leave when your Senpai is nearly getting killed 5 minutes after that?

But the battle feels real at least. Gokaiger's usually winning streak is balanced with Go-Busters tough to deal Enter. wish Enter would have been in Gokaiger instead of Zangyack.....

Guess Jin's actor really enjoyed teasing his viewers and fans. Looking at his final parting script at Go-Busters finale, its a good idea they hired the actor for Jin. Now I'm waiting for a meme of Jin's actor dying in Go-Buster's finale so he can keep living as Tsubasa instead.

Overall, a moderate Vs movie for me. 6.5 out of 10

Lastly, say a final goodbye to Gokaiger's original actor everyone!
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

redfarmer wrote:
locuas wrote: Also, i have to:
Ah, but here you open a can of worms, because wouldn't Zyuranger and Kakuranger still predate Shinkenger, even if we count like this?
well, youko doesn't know about the zyuurangers or kakurangers backstory yet, right? and besides, i like to think the zyuurangers did not became active until the start of the series, so they are the oldest team, but don't count because they didn't fight until present day.
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

locuas wrote: well, youko doesn't know about the zyuurangers or kakurangers backstory yet, right? and besides, i like to think the zyuurangers did not became active until the start of the series, so they are the oldest team, but don't count because they didn't fight until present day.
Ah but she's with Gai, and I couldn't imagine Gai not knowing about the Zyurangers and Kakurangers...

Gai:
Spoiler
Well, no, there was an ancient group of dinosaur warriors called the Zyurangers who were frozen through time and came back to life in the early '90s. And then there were a group of ninjas who later transferred their powers to the Kakurangers. So the Shinkengers would be the third sentai.

(snipped just in case there's anyone who doesn't know the backstory of Kakuranger)

Actually, that could be funny seeing Gai try to explain that...
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
ChibiZyuJin
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by ChibiZyuJin »

I like the magiranger referance but Gai didn't recognize who Jin is? In space Sherrif gavan he recognized the actor right?
Spoiler
I really wanted Jin to go to 2005. If I remember right 2005 sentai was magiranger:D)
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

Though I liked the movie it just seemed off the way their weren't any real team ups. it kinda felt like I was watching a rider war except instead of running one plot and then another they tried playing both of them at once.

gotta say though that the mystic key's biggest power being the ability to turn into any of the giant robos seemed a little less impressive after seeing every giant robo from battle fever to gokaiger all at once while also using the jets from Goranger and JAKQ also when Gai used Shooting star on those Goumin I half expected to go for the kill steal since he'd just looked over to them right before gai did that and thought it'd make for a funny moment.

as for the kyouryuuger's preview I like to believe that each of the series Icly starts a little before the last one ends to explain it.(except the obvious Gokaiger since we all know how that one happened.)

love how Marvelous is the only one who actually got sent to a time that wouln't have him die of old age before he could make it back to our time and he chose to eat curry rather than figure out what to do next, while offering some to hiromu even though he was still supposed to be pretending to have joined the zangyak.

I'm impressed they actually got Basco's actor to appear rather than just have him show up in his costume form but I don't like how he showed up to die in less than a minute and will just chalk it up to the avatar not being as strong as the real basco.

Also a dark way to look at Youko and gai's plan to send a message to the future is that in order for it to have worked they all died of old age in the process. though one must simply wonder why in all this she wouldn't just write a letter to her parents saying don't invent messiah instead.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”