Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

They're Back! Tokumei Sentai Versus Doubutsu Sentai

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Tokumei_Se ... Go-Busters

This is my favorite returns movie yet. But the last one was two years ago with Goseiger. So why are they still releasing it on DVD only? Everything since Gokaiger has been Blu-ray? Come on!

Gai must have been giving out free acting lessons during the Atsushi death scene.

I love all the little Sentai tropes though. It's so good. For a What If story, this one really worked out really well with how it plays with preconceived notions from the original show.

I'd still kind of like to see one of these return movies be an actual epilogue story of some sort. Still, this story was much better than the Shinkenger and Goseiger ones.

See you again for Kyouryuuger VS Go-Busters!
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: They're Back! Tokumei Sentai Versus Doubutsu Sentai

Post by DaVinci030 »

I wonder why the Gokaiger doesn't have a V-Cinema. I've heard why only DVD...

It's like a different stories for Go-Busters in the parallel world.

:lol: Parallel Hiromu's crying was so crazy when Atsushi/Green Hippopotamus dies. That makes me laugh.

Well?
I like it. This is more better than Shinkenger and Goseiger.

prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

I really loved this movie and how much it just parodied the Sun Vulcan-esque classic era of Sentai even if I haven't seen any of those series myself. Seeing the entire cast in different roles with slightly (or majorly) different personalities was just great as well. Kurorin's Hitler-stache and entire wardrobe was reminiscent of the old Sentai commanders, and it was nice seeing an entire team getting their powers and using them for the first time, something we haven't seen since Magiranger I think. Also hilarious is when Hiromu was asking Ryuuji to help Atsushi out, all he does is start screaming his name too, as if that was some sort of medicine.

The whole Returns series has ended up being a great way to get one last pure story from a single season and see our heroes fight just like in the series proper. Although I do find it somewhat funny and strange how the Returns movies are the longest stories a series will get, as the summer movies only last for half an hour at most, but they have much bigger of a budget due to their theatrical natures. But because they're V-Cinemas, I guess that allows them to write stories that don't necessarily have the grandest scale of the entire world ending in fire and rather allows the movies to have a more MOTW-esque scale, giving a sense that we get one last regular filler-type episode, with the true mood of the series, such as from the 20s or 30s, before the intensity of the final arc set in.
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
Merisusa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: PGSM / Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze / Gokaiger
Dreamy: Nephrite / Yumeria
Favorite Actor?: Masato Wada
Favorite Band: Yuzu / Daft Punk
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Gekiga
Quote: We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. -Oscar Wilde

Post by Merisusa »

Love, love, loved this so much! It also really made me appreciate and miss the subtly of Go-Busters. I have been missing those detailed cockpits, non-spandex suits, and the quieter character acting… This is all but non-existent in Kyouryuuger. Their little good-bye at the end made me a little sad too. I hope with time people really come to realize what a good series Go-Busters was.

Also you could have knocked me over with a feather when it turned out Green Hippo was Usada’s voice actor. The Buddyroids posing with their voice actors was adorable, but I wish they had included J. And Jin is one creepy looking guy when wearing a bad paste on beard. Otherwise I was glad that this was my first introduction to the V-Cinema and a fitting good-bye for the Go-Busters.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Man, Jin's fake beard looks so weird. Kurorin's fake stache looks so funny on him as well. And why is he always eating fruits?!

J is hilarious as usual. Gotta love how he just plays along with the whole Doubutsu Sentai thing even though he knows that it's an alternate reality.

Their roll call poses are so ridiculous looking! And I gotta ask as well... why is J's suit the same!?

Oh yeah, the voice actors too! Gotta love Nick's VA, who's just as lost as Nick. XD
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

This is such a big tease to those that hate Go-Busters because it's different, showing us the "what if" when Go-Busters went to other route with normal sentai troupes, little kids friendly and corny settings

And it was FUN and full of lolz

We even got the sentai tower, the sentai ball attack, a the sixth ranger, a ranger's death, a commander transforming...

J is awesome as usual, hugging the pink crane in the cockpit, and especially when the two teams met and doing the double roll calls

I especially loved that they used the original OP theme and totally ignored the 2nd OP theme. No offense but, the original theme suit the show better

Best "Return" movie yet
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Go-bus had little kids too, remember Escape's debut episode?
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:Go-bus had little kids too, remember Escape's debut episode?
I never said they don't have little kids in the show?

There was always this rumor that the show was too dark and serious and not kids friendly enough that triggered the mid-season changes
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I read your post as putting "little kids" and "friendly and corny settings" as two different things, apologies if you meant otherwise.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

This was absolutely great!

We basically get a "what if" story but to make things better it's somehow linked to the original storyline.

So many things which can be called "classic sentai characteristics". The roll call, the tower and ball attacks, the "Animal Change" phrase, the name of the weapons and mecha, the mecha cockpit, the handle which the Commander pulled to enter the secret base at the beginning, the robo being formed by the end of the first ep, the 6th member and his death, Escape as the classic villainess who stands there and does nothing, the opening with the coloured backgrounds behind each hero, the monster becoming giant, the name "Mechalias", the commander transforming, and loads of other small nods here and there. Amazing.

That aside, it was interesting to see that the Go-Busters still retained some aspects of their character despite being of a parallel world.

The double Go-busters' rollcall was very nice, and was quite funny too due to J.

The fight was pretty good with each of the Busters in a pair cooperating.

Based on what we saw here of Doubutsu Sentai, I would probably have enjoyed a full year of this sentai. Regardless though, I did enjoy Tokumei Sentai a lot too.
Behold the Emperor!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Goseiger Returns was the only one that was an epilogue of the original series. Go-Busters Returns was pretty good. I imagine they were trying to troll us with Dobustu Sentai Go-Busters but it was a playful joke. In the end, J is the master troll while Enter is smiling in heaven. All is right with the world.
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Post by dat20091 »

Lol this movie was the best
I was laughing so hard throughout the whole thing
Enter was God
Escape was the typical evil boss of the organization that the other monsters worshiped.
The fact that they made so much sentai troups made me find this film so funny.
Espectually when they cut to the part where Green dies out of no where.
J was usual J and made me laugh a lot too, like the screen where he was using the flamingo as a weapon inside the mech
and the roll call, having to run on the other side.
This was just too perfect.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

J makes this. Joining in with the roll-call without knowing anything, running between the two teams at the end. Fantastic.
ShadowThePika
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 1
Dreamy: GokaiYellow
Favorite Band: Crush 40
My boom: Sonic Adventure 2
Quote: "It all starts with this. A jewel containing the ultimate power."

Post by ShadowThePika »

This may be my favorite Sentai movie.

Everything was amazing, from the plethora of sentai references and homages (ranging from Sun Vulcan, to Ohranger, to even Gekiranger vibes), to the spoofing nature of the entire series, while still seeming like it isn't mean spirited. Everything worked well, and the plot was a little predictable... until the end when all time and space is shattered with 2 Go-Busters teams. I was expecting this to be some weird evil team of rangers, and it'd be some generic movie, but this completely blew my expectations out of the water. It was like Akibaranger season 2.5; the good version.

If i had to nitpick ANYTHING, it's that it should've been Green Frog instead of Green Hippopotamus. Then again, Hiromu's acting during his death was worth it.
what people want to do to me after talking to me...

http://www.youtube.com/shadowthepika, for whenever I post content on it.
dryedmangoez
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by dryedmangoez »

Aww, this made me miss Go-Busters even more. And their little thanks at the end for sticking with them... :cry:

I may be one of the few people who actually loved Go-Busters, but I would've loved to have seen a full season of this hilarity. I like Kyoryuger and all, but I almost want to watch Animal Changes and Perfect Animals more.

It was fun and hilarious with lots of great winks to fans of Sentai and of Go-Busters.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”