Who ya gonna call?
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: They're Back! Tokumei Sentai Versus Doubutsu Sentai

Post by ViRGE »

Silent_X wrote:Anyone else notice him trying to activate his marker system slightly off screen when Azazel grew big?
Good eyes! That's so far off the screen you can barely make out what's going on. But sure enough if you pay attention J is making the motion for his marker system, tapping his head when it's not working, and finally Jin puts a stop to it. :lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah. He even makes a thunk sound as he taps his head. Subtle.
arromdee
Go Go!

Post by arromdee »

Interesting how in the first part of the series, a Buddyroid just wanders around in the background looking at this new world as if nobody notices him. It's like the reasoning for the Butler Did It in detective cliches--servants are beneath everyone's notice.

And by the way, if I had a wish in this situation, I'd say "bring everyone to life who died because of Messiah". I mean, I've watched Dragonball.

(And by the same reasoning which caused the alternate team to vanish, wouldn't the entire ending become undone since just like Nick's death was necessary for the alkternate team to exist, his death was also necessary for Azazel to be defeated period?)

Also, it seemed to me that the sunglasses Hitler look was a reference to Persona.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

I'M BACK! Computer got fixed, and now I'm back to watching Sentai and my other beloved shows!

This movie.......my god.

This movie was fan-FREAKING-tastic!

I Like Kyouruuger a lot, but this brought back my dearest love for Go-Busters, my FAVORITE Sentai season of all.

What people have already said mirrors my thoughts exactly, though I laughed my ass off at the Hitler 'stach.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Dang it.

It's good.

Why did it have to be so good?!

this just reminded me how much I love Go-Busters, and why it's one of my favorite series period, sentai or otherwise. Kyouryuuger had finally grown on me and I was going with the flow for a while now, but now Go-Busters had to be awesome again and screw it all up.

seriously, though, this rocked, and I'm glad we got to see them again.
evel333
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: INTP Architect

Post by evel333 »

Just about everything the Doubutsu team had going for them made me laugh in my seat. Who would have thought we would ever hear cows mooing during a henshin sequence?

I too would have loved to watch an entire series of this over-acting, Hitler-stache wearing, jungle-cockpited madness.
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

If anything, this reminded me of how awesome old-school sentai was, with all the hot-blooded action going on.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

locuas wrote:
Silent_X wrote: Enter is not god...enter is Q and he is just trolling with nick. just like he always does with picard.
That comment had me laughing, and I would laugh so hard if that were true. But trolling is trolling, no matter who/what you are.
gh0stwrit3r wrote:If anything, this reminded me of how awesome old-school sentai was, with all the hot-blooded action going on.
Kind of wish I could have grown up with that kind of Sentai, but hey, you go with what series you grow up with. Would Deka count as hot-blooded? *I vaguely remember TV-Nihon's subbing of Dekaranger fighting with fiery hearts or fire in their blood, not sure.*
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

Deka was more 'cool' than hot-blooded though, but I guess DekaRed counts?
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

I am currently not watching Kyoryuger so I'm still suffering from Post-Go-Busters depression. (Just need to find that Final Live Tour 2013 as well as the eventual coming of Go-Bus vs Kyoryu and Super Hero Taisen Z)

I saw the movie raw months ago and I still love it. The absence of Messiah gave an impact to the characters themselves which I really loved:

Hiromu being the generic Sentai Red was hilarious. Eventually when he over-exaggerates (Atsushi's death which is definately an Oscar-worthy performance as well as when Azazel destroys the Dobutsu world).

Ryuuji being so hot-headed as well as being the general Japanese P.E Teacher that you often see in Anime, Video Games...etc is hilarious. Obviously Dobutsu Ryuuji would be fun to play as since he is a complete mess of a fighter compared to Tokumei Ryuuji who is much more elegant in fighting. Oh and the screaming really works well since most of Ryouma Baba's interviews feature him yelling and screaming haha...

Yoko was hard for me to find the differences but obviously her main difference was that she is a normal teenage school girl who goes through many things such as love, diets and other things.

Jin being a bum of a groundskeeper was unexpected when I first saw this.

J is J.

Although I do question how the pacing of the fictional Dobutsu show went on ... they finished before December the 31st which says a lot of their schedule of the show. Seriously it takes 5 episodes for Yoko and Hiromu to have the hots for each other haha... Atsushi dying sooner than expected...

But hey at least Pink Cat became an official member or some sort in the show... someone needs to write a fanfic for this show haha.

But I think having 9 members was hinting of the overflow of Rangers in Kyoryuger
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

When I started watching this movie I thought it was gonna be clones of the gobusters and that doubutsu was some kinda word for evil. I was so very very wrong but none the less this was just awesome, J complain that people were covering him was just great.

But truth be told I totally would have watched Doubutsu Sentai Gobusters as that seemed like it would have been just as fun to watch as Tokumei Sentai Gobusters was.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

@ "DREWdesu"

Post by Enter the Meteor »

DREWdesu wrote: Hiromu being the generic Sentai Red was hilarious. Eventually when he over-exaggerates (Atsushi's death which is definately an Oscar-worthy performance as well as when Azazel destroys the Dobutsu world).
I will miss Atsushi, did anyone else cry?
Ryuuji being so hot-headed as well as being the general Japanese P.E Teacher that you often see in Anime, Video Games...etc is hilarious. Obviously Dobutsu Ryuuji would be fun to play as since he is a complete mess of a fighter compared to Tokumei Ryuuji who is much more elegant in fighting. Oh and the screaming really works well since most of Ryouma Baba's interviews feature him yelling and screaming haha...
I agree on this; they are all foils.
Yoko was hard for me to find the differences but obviously her main difference was that she is a normal teenage school girl who goes through many things such as love, diets and other things.
That and she also does well in math now.
Jin being a bum of a groundskeeper was unexpected when I first saw this.
It surprised me too, the stench of him must have been nauseating.
J is J.
The tree is also a tree.
Although I do question how the pacing of the fictional Dobutsu show went on ... they finished before December the 31st which says a lot of their schedule of the show. Seriously it takes 5 episodes for Yoko and Hiromu to have the hots for each other haha... Atsushi dying sooner than expected...
The pacing is a great point; I bet it arose by the fact that some people thought that Go-busters had slow pacing.
But hey at least Pink Cat became an official member or some sort in the show...
I was excited to see Pink Cat! What happened to her in the ending battle, she was absent.
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

It would have been better if Black Puma, Green Hippo and Pink Cat where in the final battle, so the rest of the Go-busters team get to be there at the end too.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I always enjoy when voice actors get to appear, like in Go-onger or Den-O. Gorisaki's looks just like you would expect!

And I was damn near pissing myself when the Dobutsu Sentai Go-Busters opening rolled out. Holy shit, that whole chunk was gold. These poor bastards, they're destined to be a Sentai no matter what happens.
UltimateCharge
Favorite series: Wizard/W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger/Dairanger
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto -swoon
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by UltimateCharge »

I loved the movie and agree with the people who have said the producers/writers were "trolling" the audience. That's how I interpreted it anyway.

It all came across as somebody behind the scenes just losing his mind, thinking "OK FANS. LOW RATINGS AND NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. YOU WANT THE SAME THING AGAIN AND AGAIN DO YOU? THIS IS WHAT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE IF WE'D JUST DONE THAT!"

Cue absolute homages to classic Sentais.

I basically felt it was the makers of the show saying in their own way; "Look, where could we have really gone after the big 35th anniversary series? Could we have really just copped out and gone backwards and done the whole 'they all have animal powers and the villains want to take over the world for some reason" again? For us, artistically, and as a franchise, that would have felt like a total failure."

i think the fact that the movie intentionally showed the entire span of a Sentai series in a big trope-a-thon was definitely indicating that it wasn't just some quick bit of madness that didn't mean anything. x

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”