Who ya gonna call?
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: They're Back! Tokumei Sentai Versus Doubutsu Sentai

Post by ViRGE »

I have a smile on my face stretching from ear to ear. Not to be hard on Kyoryuger, but boy have I missed Go-Busters.

Anyhow, as far as the "returns" movies go, that's easily the best. And really it restores my faith in the whole concept after Goseiger's movie sucked all of the life out of it.

By far my favorite moment was seeing Kuroki dressed up as the AU Go-Busters' commander. His look is so close to Gaddafi's (the former dictator of Libya) that I had to stop and take a breath before I passed out. :lol:

However, am I the only one that found the action in this movie to be a let down? The mecha action was outright standard sentai fare (big robot gets hit, big robot falls down) with lots of reused CGI attack clips, which is par for most series, but not Go-Busters. Meanwhile even the spandex action was weaker than normal; I'm not expecting Koichi wireworks, but all the choreography was very basic, with very few shots lasting more than a split second. Without a better way of putting it, it felt very B-team. :(
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Well, to be fair, they weren't really focusing on the action this time since it was all very story-driven. It was definitely the best V-Cinema and arguably the best Sentai movie I've ever seen but yeah, there really wasn't too much action, it was mostly spoof.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

I thought they'd be all "ah, dou"...you see, because this would be an alternate universe where that's their alternate universe word for mou. But I guess its just another revenge by irony flick where the villain is the fans. That's fine, its still a satisfying if horrific glimpse of a world in which the gobusters operate without gray backgrounds in every single scene. And its cute to see that show with talking animal robots pretend to have dignity.
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

It's been a long while since I made a post so sorry for being a lurker here. I really enjoyed this movie since Go-Busters really had a very mature storyline and the actors' portrayals of their characters were very realistic made me miss the show. I really like the hot-blooded 70's, 80's style mecha anime motif they going on it since I really like that particular genre. Overall it was a different take of an epilogue but it was really great and one of the better V-Cinema films that Goseiger and Shinkenger.
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

It was great, the whole thing seemed like a response to everyone who was against Go-Busters. "Oh, you want another series full of the same tropes instead of one trying to do something new and have it make sense? Ok well here you go! Here's your trope-filled, over-acted version of Go-Busters." Using fruit in the cockpit might be a little close to home considering the next Kamen Rider haha. Not a big fan of the military gear and Hitler moustache, it wasn't all that long ago especially considering Japan being an axis country during WW2.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

In retrospect it's touching that Nick gets to go to heaven despite the fact that he's a machine. Now J on the other hand...

And only 1 million deaths in a whole year? What, does Japan get their own God? :P
Kamen_Winter

Post by Kamen_Winter »

Most of my thoughts have already been voiced by everyone, the entire film felt right and it was lovely to return to Go-busters one last time, however as a strange as it is i want more of Azazel. He was uniquely designed and who ever sent him could make for a interesting future villain somewhere down the line.
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

Kamen_Winter wrote:Most of my thoughts have already been voiced by everyone, the entire film felt right and it was lovely to return to Go-busters one last time, however as a strange as it is i want more of Azazel. He was uniquely designed and who ever sent him could make for a interesting future villain somewhere down the line.
I like to think that Azazel was sent down by the producers at Toei. Fed up with their poor ratings & toy-sales, they attempted to destroy them once & for all, & bring about a new age of Dinosaur samba.

Also, J is now Decade.
Kamen_Winter

Post by Kamen_Winter »

Oh gods.. J would have made Decade so much better xD now i can't get the image out of my head of J using Decade's catchphrase
Mddanish00
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kyoryuger
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "From now imagination is my stage!"

Post by Mddanish00 »

Well , This is Amazing.... But not HD...wHYYYYY :D
Imagination is my stage now!
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

And that's the story of how J saved the world from Azazel. Without him Chida wouldn't have gotten the inspiration to use both teams.

Anyone else notice him trying to activate his marker system slightly off screen when Azazel grew big?
Really loved all the background shenanigans J got up to in the series. Hopefully we get a couple more in the versus movie with Kyoryuger.

(Don't know if this counts as spoiler, but I'm guessing Jin's resurrection will be explained in Super Hero Taisen Z?)
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Silent_X wrote:
(Don't know if this counts as spoiler, but I'm guessing Jin's resurrection will be explained in Super Hero Taisen Z?)
Chronologically, this is happening after the christmas episode, but before the final episode, so jin is still alive.

what? no AU Enter, who was created as an evil ranger in order to destroy the rangers, but ultimately sacrifices himself to save the others due to his love for pink cat?(i am overthinking this too much, aren't i?)

So, i guess akibaranger doesn't have the honor of being the only sentai to kill it's entire team anymore.

J has the honor of being the only sentai character to belong to two different teams at the same time.

So, when messiah was created, the first thing he did before being transfered to the sub-dimension was to consume the machine empire, and that's were Escape came from...perfect logical explanation.

I love how Nick believes that wishing for messiah to not exist would be enough to stop someone who did not have anything to do with messiah.

Goodbye, Green Hippopotamus, you will always live in our hearts as the hero you are.

Enter is not god...enter is Q and he is just trolling with nick. just like he always does with picard.
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

Ah!!! This movie was so good!!! I loved every minute of it.

J was awesome, as per usual. Enter as God was hilarious. Escape's costume annoyed me a bit, but I won't complain about more Escape.

This movie made me really miss Go-Busters, that show was so good.

As for the movie itself, Dobutsu Sentai was really funny to watch, but I don't know if I would've enjoyed a full season of that.
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

ShadowThePika wrote:If i had to nitpick ANYTHING, it's that it should've been Green Frog instead of Green Hippopotamus.
Why should it have been Green Frog?
ShadowThePika
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 1
Dreamy: GokaiYellow
Favorite Band: Crush 40
My boom: Sonic Adventure 2
Quote: "It all starts with this. A jewel containing the ultimate power."

Post by ShadowThePika »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
ShadowThePika wrote:If i had to nitpick ANYTHING, it's that it should've been Green Frog instead of Green Hippopotamus.
Why should it have been Green Frog?
to coincide with the frog movie robot that i forgot the name of. It seems a tad odd to make another ranger of the same color to an old mech, then not have them be the same.
what people want to do to me after talking to me...

http://www.youtube.com/shadowthepika, for whenever I post content on it.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”