2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Favorite Actor?: Hiroya Matsumoto
Favorite Band: D'espairsray
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Toku and Visual Kei
Quote: "The only way to get away from loneliness is to love it" - Moi Dix Mois

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3 G)

Post by KisekiRed »

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is the latest installment of the Monster Hunter Franchise to be released in America and in Europe. The title was changed from Monster Hunter 3 G to 3 Ultimate during the localization. Since this game is the G version of Tri, it comes with many expansions on what they had in Tri. If you are not familiar with the G series of games, they are essentially expansions of a game already created starting with the very first. In the G series, they add more monsters, equipment, items and the G Rank. G Rank is higher than High Rank. This rank only appears in the G series. If the tradition continues, Portable 3rd and Monster Hunter 4 will in fact get a G of their own. The only other G that was brought of seas was Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (Freedom Unite).

I am straying off topic, I better get back on topic. I had purchased both copies of the game (The Wii U and 3DS versions). I have major issues with the Wii U version due to the fact that the words are almost non existent. I literally had to stand two inches from the screen just to read. The 3DS version does not have this problem. I have been actively trying on the Capcom-Unity forum, to have a patch to at least adjust the size. Changing the resolution does not rectify the issue. I've also voiced my opinion on a feature of the Wii U in which you could comment on games from your gamepad. For the 3DS version, the only real quirk I had was the need for the Circle Pad Pro. These are my version specific opinions. On to the real stuff.

This game adds a new Shakalaka named Kayamba. I have not gotten far enough to obtain this partner, but It sounds like a nice idea for Monster Hunter Portable 3rd Players to adjust into the game. This game also replaces Loc Lac gathering hall with Tanzia Port. I really like this change. Tanzia port is a beautiful location compared to Loc Lac. I will state this now, I do not like desert environments very much. Other than the game adding a plethora of new monsters and taking a lot from Portable 3rd, the game is pretty much the same as Tri. The only REAL difference in gameplay is that they added all the weapon types they left out and added a target feature. They cleaned up the main screen by giving the option to shove everything down on the lower screen which makes it nice for video captures.

Multiplayer is a bit frustrating despite the fact that I've barely played. 3DS users have to use a feature called friend search instead of just picking a room and entering a Guild Hall. This very feature prevents the 3DS users from joining their Wii U brethren in online play. This is very frustrating since I can't see the text and primarily play on the 3DS. That's it for now.
Completed Rider Series: Amazon, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze
Completed Sentai Series: Dairanger, Magiranger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3 G)

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Hm interesting. I thought Wii U and 3DS can coop together randomly or something. Guess I was wrong. One thing I am excited about Wii U version is in April, you can play on gamepad without needing TV and that it all regions will be allowed to play with each other. So it will means there will be more help and maybe more trolls, heh.

Was reading gamefaqs forum about Wii U version and haven't saw that problem about font appearing. So far you were first person to mention it.

Also, have you heard about "cursed tablets"? I hated the fact they won't fix it or whatever. Unlike past games, they would cycle it each time you play game where you land on one of 17 tablets that affect whatever you get rustshards, good charms, etc. This game you can't change tablet you land on after creating a character so you could have chance of never get rustshards ever if you landed on one of those "cursed" tablet. Yikes.

It affects whether you get ancient set or not too, and that's one of my favorite sets. Geez.
Although accord to fans, you can figure out which tablet you are on accord to fish finder chart or control which one you land during create character process by doing something to Wii U time/date. So there's hope.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
KisekiRed
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Favorite Actor?: Hiroya Matsumoto
Favorite Band: D'espairsray
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Toku and Visual Kei
Quote: "The only way to get away from loneliness is to love it" - Moi Dix Mois

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3 G)

Post by KisekiRed »

The Wii U and 3DS can play with each other no problem. Though, the 3DS can't use their buddy's Wii U to hop online. The Wii U has a downloaded App which is like Ad Hoc Party for Wii U, but you can't play the Wii U copy. My brother and I tried to get two Wii Us and a 3DS online, but it would not work out.

I have heard of the cursed tables. I attempted to set mine to it, but the thing was just hard to understand after you put in the fish. So, I just gave up. It didn't bother me in Tri or Portable 3rd.
Completed Rider Series: Amazon, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze
Completed Sentai Series: Dairanger, Magiranger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters.

Return to “Monster Hunter”