Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Monster Hunter FU

Post by takenoko »

Last mission in the single player campaign that only unlocks after all the other single player quests are completed. It's probably the hardest quest in the game, so it should be a pretty fun watch:
http://www.multiupload.com/4O8JX1KH2I

Results video. Just me looking at my guild card and talking with neko. You can see what the silly reward for this quest is:
http://www.multiupload.com/QMWD4FKSEY

Softsub commentary
http://www.sendspace.com/file/b3szpg
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

SWD and takenoko:

Chameleos, speed kill with my new fire lance
http://www.multiupload.com/9XGGZ4O9A5
Look at how the tail gets cut off, it's pretty cool

Ukanlos, did we finally beat him?
http://www.multiupload.com/5TNSJ5N6QG
Check out my new armor

Chasing a Kirin with a Great Sword
http://www.multiupload.com/DPTUKHJ2Y0

With Cheetah too:
Bug hunt
http://www.multiupload.com/ZIZSVK7V9A
We wear some silly outfits in this one. Ninja costumes and Cheetah being naked

Chameleos in under 5 minutes:
http://www.multiupload.com/3HJ1ERIBVG
Teamwork?

I'll make some commentary subs later when I have time.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Subtitle batch. Has commentary tracks for all the videos in the last post
http://www.sendspace.com/file/orsdgf

I also recorded a video of SWD and me trying out our Absolute Bow in the Moat Arena quest. I'm probably not going to do commentary on this one since it's just us shooting 4 dudes, but I'll put what I encoded up in case people are interested in seeing us do a gunner class:
http://www.multiupload.com/9ZSQJWF9M0
Triple M
Destron Emperor
Favorite series: Destron
2nd Favorite Series: Destron
Dreamy: Destron
Favorite Actor?: Destron
Favorite Band: Destron
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Destron
Quote: *HAIL DESTRON*
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Triple M »

This is pretty tight, dude. I'm watching some of these battle videos to get a feel for what's going to be happening after we finish Peace Walker
Triple M
Destron Emperor
Favorite series: Destron
2nd Favorite Series: Destron
Dreamy: Destron
Favorite Actor?: Destron
Favorite Band: Destron
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Destron
Quote: *HAIL DESTRON*
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Triple M »

OH LOL all the links are dead, i'll look up something similar on youtube
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

What better way to celebrate the release of a new game than to play the old game?

While some of the AI, graphics, and other systems seem antiquated, there's something just really good about the heart of the game that makes FU still playable. There's a lot of monster variety, and the basic hunting systems are still very fun.
http://www.twitch.tv/takkynoko

In particular, I like the Kirin fight. The Kirin is such a great monster to fight, because it destroys you the first time you fight it. And through knowledge and an accumulation of skill, the fight gets easier. You learn to aim at the horn, and how to dodge the Kirin's attacks, and when to attack, because if you attack at the wrong time, you get a face full of lightning.

The fight against the Kushala at the end of the last video is also pretty interesting. The dragon element sword I had only had yellow sharpness, so most of my attacks would ineffectually bounce off the Kushala. It was really only useful in the parts that you're supposed to be attacking, Kushala's horns and the very tip of his tail. But the Kushala in town fight is fun since you can use the bombs and even the ballistas if you felt like gathering them.
KisekiRed
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Favorite Actor?: Hiroya Matsumoto
Favorite Band: D'espairsray
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Toku and Visual Kei
Quote: "The only way to get away from loneliness is to love it" - Moi Dix Mois

Post by KisekiRed »

yeah, Gunning Kirin was a pain. It was interesting to wear Kirin gear against it . . . as a male. I'd probably never do that again. The armor kinda stunk for me since I didn't have it upgraded and It only looks good on females. My longsword only bounced off Kushla when I struck his wings. His wind armor was a huge pain, that's why I couldn't beat him before. I still laugh that we lost to the mini Khezu because we kept knocking each other around. All in all, I find it weird to be named Zeon since I haven't used that name since Freedom Unite. I've gone by Kotaro since Tri.

I missed the the eldar dragons. they had some of the coolest armor. The beauty of monster hunter is that after a failed hunt, you tend to learn from your mistakes, such as changing gear or the way you approach a monster. and no matter how many times you kill, trap or repel a monster, no two fights are the same. Maybe that's why Monster Hunter is s such a popular game.
Completed Rider Series: Amazon, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze
Completed Sentai Series: Dairanger, Magiranger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

I liked Kirin gear even on male, and it seemed like a good armor for SNS due to elemental boost. Luckily I had takenoko to aid me with getting materials needed from Kirin since at that time I was only using SNS and it was just annoying to go after Kirin with weak weapon.

Tri online will be shut down forever next month. Kinda surprised that Tri servers didn't last as long as other servers but ah well. It's bound to happen when they release Tri Ultimate. (Wish I can play Tri Ultimate...sighs)

It makes me wonder about MHFU, since it doesn't use same system as Tri, meaning it can be online for as long as adhoc is there?
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
KisekiRed
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by KisekiRed »

Silentwolfdog wrote:I liked Kirin gear even on male, and it seemed like a good armor for SNS due to elemental boost. Luckily I had takenoko to aid me with getting materials needed from Kirin since at that time I was only using SNS and it was just annoying to go after Kirin with weak weapon.

Tri online will be shut down forever next month. Kinda surprised that Tri servers didn't last as long as other servers but ah well. It's bound to happen when they release Tri Ultimate. (Wish I can play Tri Ultimate...sighs)

It makes me wonder about MHFU, since it doesn't use same system as Tri, meaning it can be online for as long as adhoc is there?
It will pretty much always be there as adhoc is up and running since Freedom Unite was never meant to be an online game. Adhoc party works for any game other than monster hunter. I got it to work for God Eater Burst and Climax Heroes. It's relatively useful for long distance plays. It's been a while Since I played Freedom Unite. I can say I miss my switch axe though.
Completed Rider Series: Amazon, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze
Completed Sentai Series: Dairanger, Magiranger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Switch axe huh interesting. It's so interesting how people decide which weapon style to be their favorite usually and how it matches style of personality in game they go for ie defensive, aggressive, etc.

I wonder, about you guys, in particular order what is your favorite weapon to least favorite ones?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Obviously greatsword since I have so much experience with it. It's slow, but versatile if you know how to use it.
KisekiRed
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by KisekiRed »

I am a primarily a Switch Axe and Longsword user. If you look at my statistics for weapon usage since Tri, they are exactly even in usage. but here is my greatest weapon to least greatest weapon.

Switch Axe / Longsword > Dual Swords > Sword and Shield / Greatsword > Hammer > Lance > Bowgun > Hunting Horn > Bow > Gunlance.

I really can't function well with my mobility restricted. My aim also sucks so it is better for me to have a weapon that doesn't require a whole lot of aiming. I like the balance of Speed and power that the Switch Axe and Longswords provide. The Dual swords don't pack much of a wallop and Great Swords don't have too much speed too it. I am decent with a Great Sword, but not optimal. I can fair myself well with Dual Swords, but not as great as my Switch Axe and longsword usage. I prefer the Switch Axe just slightly like 51% Switch Axe and 49% Longsword. When 4 comes out, I am going to try my hand at the Charge Axe. It is bizarre, because I don't really like axes wildly outside of Monster Hunter.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Ah, so your style does match you.

In Tri when playing as SNS I often get hit by long sword users like they didn't care who they aimed at which drove me crazy because SNS didn't have much space to aim at to start with lol.

But as for me, I go with defensive approach so list looks like this...

Gunlance\SNS > light bowgun > great sword (I like MHFU great sword better than in Tri or P3) > everything else > hammer/hunting horn...

Shield allows me to take on the beating or mistakes I may make. Gunlance seems easier if there's more than two people in game because then monster won't move all over area so much taking turn chasing player if player decided to stray far away from me.

But ability to use it like a cannon at monster is so worth it...Time for the coundown! 3..2...1...BOOM! I so love the wyvern fire...

I like SNS for fact I don't have to sheath the weapon if I want to use potions or whatever...
KisekiRed
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by KisekiRed »

Another point is that I never guard, even in fighting games. It is just a habit of mine. hence why I never really use guarding weapons. I try to stay out of other people's way, but that was kind of hard when we fought the mini khezu. I kept hitting takenoko and he kept schwacking me into next tomorrow. One thing about longswords in Freedom Unite is that I keep thinking there is that big spin that puts the sword back in your sheath, which ultimately confuses me for a second.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, the long sword and hammer (that I was using) combination was bad. I'd charge up my hammer then get knocked down or my powered smash would send him flying. If you look at the video you might see myself catching myself doing that a few times with the camera.

Return to “Monster Hunter”