Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Monster Hunter 4

Post by Gunzy »

It's headed for the 3DS but Tri G is getting a 3DS release? I don't get it...maybe it's gonna have a long development time?

Offical TGS Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0O9KwMZ7_8
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Monster Hunter 4

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I have to admit that it's disappointing that so many games are appearing on the 3DS since I'd prefer to not have to get one
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

As far as I'm aware, Monster Hunter was one of the main reasons the PSP sold well in Japan. I'm curious as to how this will impact the Vita if the monster hunter games are going to be 3DS exclusive?

I mean, the 3DS does need some good titles, and especially with 3rd party support, but I feel something like Monster Hunter will not be able to flourish on a handheld that probably doesn't have as high technology as its competitor.

And what is Tri G exactly? Is it going to be an enhanced port of Tri?
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

Catastrophe wrote: And what is Tri G exactly? Is it going to be an enhanced port of Tri?
Pretty much. I kinda wish they would come out with another console release in the US besides Monster Hunter Tri. I really feel that a game like MH could get a bigger following if they had console release that utilized the online component better than Tri did. I like Tri and all but the interface to online was pretty jarring and the lobby sizes were pretty bad.
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, that's a pretty accurate description of Tri G.
http://www.kotowari.org/rumored-nintend ... ble-title/

The problem is, most people in Japan play Monster Hunter on the PSP. So it's kind of a risky gamble to take it off the system that people are familiar with. Like the guy says in the article, how many times are the fans going to rebuy a repackaged version of Tri, right? So if successful, it may mean a lot of people may be getting the 3DS for the future Monster Hunters... or maybe they'll rebel and just refuse to get it, waiting for it to come on a console that they do own. Which will probably happen eventually. I personally think it's going to backfire on Capcom and they'll end up porting it anyway.

It really feels like Nintendo is shelling out the dough to bring good third party games to their system. I mean Metal Gear Solid 3DS and Monster Hunter?

I don't remember where I saw the poll, but people weren't super enthused about the 3DS. But polls can be bullshit, so whatever.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/21/mo ... w-trailer/

Zo-zo-zombie monsters?!

Waahh, anyhow that trailer looked sooo good....Funny thing is that trailer just show hunters getting beat up mostly. Ha. That's how game should be.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
KisekiRed
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Favorite Actor?: Hiroya Matsumoto
Favorite Band: D'espairsray
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Toku and Visual Kei
Quote: "The only way to get away from loneliness is to love it" - Moi Dix Mois

Post by KisekiRed »

I wasn't very happy when they released Tri on the Wii to begin with. I've been playing Monster Hunter since the first game. They didn't release Monster Hunter 2 or any of the Gs except for Freedom Unite (Portable 2nd G) and 3 Ultimate (3G). Seeing Monster Hunter 4 is gratifying and unsatisfying at the same time. I own every single Monster Hunter Game released in America and even imported Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (PSP and PS3 versions). I enjoyed the sony versions much more than I did with Tri. One thing that I enjoyed about having it with Sony is that the games weren't region locked. I could bring in what ever version of the game I wanted and play with whom ever I wanted. I have a friend in Ireland who gave up Monster Hunter because he didn't understand how to play it very well. I offered to help him and because Tri was Nintendo and Nintendo hates friends, I couldn't play with him and teach him how to properly play the game. The region lock is what frustrates me the most. Since I have the 3DS and the Wii U, I don't have to worry about getting the systems since I already have them. But I would rather see it go to the PS3 and Vita rather than the Nintendo systems. I read somewhere that the creator wanted us to play with other people more and by going to Nintendo, that doesn't happen very much anymore. I just hope with sequels after 4, they will bring it back to Sony. The touch pad shouldn't be an issue anymore because The PS Vita has it and the PS4 will have it.

Enough of my negative attitudes to my favorite game series, I want to discuss the goods of the game. I am really excited to see some of my favorite monsters back. Yian Kut Ku, despite being weak, always had a place in my heart. It was nostalgic to see them again. To see the hunter fighting toe-to-toe with Khezu on the ceiling was just epic. This game is going to change the way we hunt in an interesting away. I always hated fighting him and Khezu would just leap to the ceiling. Now I can go after it and not have to use a Bowgun; cause I suck with those. I am hoping to see others return such as Chameleos, Teostra, Lunstra, and the one that makes me chuckle thinking about it, the lightning shooting unicorn dragon thing, Kirin. The new dynamic of fighting on the back excites me. This could lead to a number of things in new games. Maybe in the future we can see battles where we ride small tameable monsters that act as companions; much like the felynes in Portable 3rd or the Shakalaks in Tri. Maybe we will even see aerial hunts; things to think about. Another thing that I really like is that they are adding the "SURPRISE!" more into the game. It was nice to see that some missions had monsters appear after you beat them, but this is even more surprising. The monster you are about to carve comes back to life even stronger. This makes Tigrex go from a freight train with a hit box a mile wide to something possibly a shooting star to the face. I am hoping that the game will be as expansive as Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (Freedom Unite) and include all the monsters we have ever faced in the main and portable games. If they add Frontier monsters, EVEN BETTER! Another thing I want to see is more character customization than just the face, hair and voice. To me, the girls can look a bit manish from when I played on Tri online. It would be cool to see varying heights to make the characters more unique. I can't wait to see what unfolds. I will just have to say, "Oh well, I can't change the fact that Monster Hunter is moving to the forsaken realm of Nintendo." I don't hate Nintendo, I just don't like them when it comes to Monster Hunter.

Takenoko and I were talking a bit about Monster Hunter 4 in the chat. I just wanted to say the Assassin Creed looking Armor in the game is Khezu's armor from the previous games. I had to look at it closer.
Spoiler
Completed Rider Series: Amazon, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze
Completed Sentai Series: Dairanger, Magiranger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I always play a girl so the khezu armor is different for ladies.

I dunno, I hope 4 will be brought to the Vita the way P3 was for Tri.
KisekiRed
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by KisekiRed »

I don't think Monster Hunter has necessarily lost all ties with Sony. They did release Portable 3rd and Portable 3rd HD version after Tri. So maybe they are just releasing the main games on the Nintendo systems to appeal to a wider demographic. I notcied in New Jersey when I talk to people, they either own an Xbox 360 or nintendo system. Its rare for me to come across those with PS3s. That's my guess at least. Still not happy about the nintendo thing. Maybe this will make the game more popular again to have other games brought overseas.

I've always played as a Male. I'm weird and normally don't play females. The only females I ever seen played was when I played online with Monster Hunter 1 and Monster Hunter Tri. Since I play as male, I don't see the female armors too often for some monsters. Most of my parties have been sausage fests.
Completed Rider Series: Amazon, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze
Completed Sentai Series: Dairanger, Magiranger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Kirin...oh how much I hated you even though you are awesome looking monster.

But for me, if Tri never came to Wii, then I wouldn't have gotten into MH at all. But yeah I hope it would be on PS3 or something like that. Although, I liked how easy it was to play with strangers in Tri.

To be honest, climbing and jumping and moving so fast is such foreign concept to me if I went as a gunlancer...I am used to being on defensive and not moving around so much due to how much time it takes just to draw weapon and put it away. To see gunlancer doing aerobic stunts is gonna be hilarious sight to me.

If MH4 did come to Vita in US, then I would pick up Vita for sure. Ha.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
KisekiRed
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by KisekiRed »

I've been doing a bit of a research to see if anything new popped up for MH 4; quite a bit already did. They are introducing two new weapons so far; the Charge Axe and Insect Staff. The Charge Axe is much like the Sword and Shield version of the Switch axe. The Sword and shield mode is capable of fast combos and a shield to block attacks. The Axe mode is much slower with greater reach and power. Its finishing move can stun monsters. It has a phial that you can charge to increase your charge attack. It seems that the Shielf becomes he head of the axe and the sword becomes the handle. The second weapon is the Insect Staff is a quick and fluid weapon, much like the longsword. This weapon allows the hunter to jump at any time. This thing can summon Neopteron and fire projectiles out of the back end. The Neopteron seem to be controlled by the user and allow the critters to drain energy from its targert. When the Neopteron it stays at the user's right arm.

The Felynes seems to be getting some new goodies as well. You can fully customize the fur of your little kitty. I like that; gives more uniqueness to your character. These Felynes now can use ballistas and tanks. That's actually pretty scary to think about, but awesome at the same time.

Other then new monsters, that's pretty much it. I don't really feel like going over the new monsters since most of them don't even have names yet. I also saw a video that showed some of the new mechanics. I think Bows have a new move that immediately fires another shot after using a charged shot. I think the lance can continually run even after jumping. Not sure if that's new, I'm a Switch Axe/Longsword primary user. I use Dual Swords and Great Swords sometimes. Might give the Charge Axe a shot since it looks pretty wicked.
sqizzo
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O; Kamen Rider Gaim; Kamrn Rider Wizard
Favorite Band: Wrist
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: ka BOOM!
Quote: "My grandmother said this...when people love others, they become weaker, but it is nothing to be ashamed of. True weakness lies elsewhere."

Post by sqizzo »

heard some good news. can some one please translate this page.

http://psvita.mhf-g.jp/

hope the english release would also be by this year. :|
The darkness first descend,
The darkness will not end,
The darkness i befriend,
The darkness i command.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Frontier G? Isn't that service only in Japan
sqizzo
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O; Kamen Rider Gaim; Kamrn Rider Wizard
Favorite Band: Wrist
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: ka BOOM!
Quote: "My grandmother said this...when people love others, they become weaker, but it is nothing to be ashamed of. True weakness lies elsewhere."

Post by sqizzo »

am not sure but there was a conference somewhere that the creator of monster hunter said G stands for global and therefore there is a small possibility that it will release an english version.

being hopeful~ :(
The darkness first descend,
The darkness will not end,
The darkness i befriend,
The darkness i command.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I think that's going to be 4g, or 4 ultimate whatever when it comes out here and will be on nintendo

Return to “Monster Hunter”