Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: AkibaRanger 11 Released

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote:http://senki.kusakage.com/setume/akibarenja.htm

Looks like it is that. Oops!
I'm assuming the site's in japanese? because i see confusing gibberish for some reason, even though sites like pixiv display japanese symbols.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tuss4 »

broke the fourth wall, truman show style!

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, it should be in Japanese. You'll need to set it to Shift_JIS encoding.

By the way, it probably should be Savage Jaguar. The surge thing is probably just a mistake in the romnization. It's suppose to be like his other attack, Savage Mice, which is a reference to the movie Salvage Mice. If you check the Akiba news page, it'll even say that the word they were searching for means "savage" and "savage" looks a lot closer to "salvage" than "surge" does.
kanjitech1988
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Too many honestly
Favorite Band: coldrain
My boom: Kamen Rider Fourze

Post by kanjitech1988 »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
kanjitech1988 wrote:
Spoiler
Besides the voice dub being off on Nobuo in the beginning, when he hands over the MMZ to Takuma, you can see a line between the screen. Like two different filters where used. Just look at MMZ and the mecha prop in the back at the middle. The color is off. I've heard some compare it to Power Rangers' "peace conference" situation. They don't show Nobou's face save when he's by himself, handshake looks weird, the dub is slightly off at the beginning, and finally the aforementioned hand off of the MMZ.
I'd say that's probably more a giant coincidence than a PR reference, if anything. (Also, I dunno about anyone else but, I never noticed any dubbing being off. >:?)
Yeah, I just noted the comparison. Actually, I remember there being an instance in Sentai history where something similar happened. The actress wasn't there so they killed her off in suit. I forgot which one it is.

As for the dub:
Spoiler
Listen to it when Akagi says, "Thank you." in the beginning.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Tuss4 wrote:broke the fourth wall, truman show style!
No, truman show was a guy in the real world who was being kept in a place so he could be filmed for a reality show. this is actual characters in a fake tv show realizing they're in a tv show, like Deadpool or Animal Man for comics.
takenoko wrote:Yeah, it should be in Japanese. You'll need to set it to Shift_JIS encoding.

By the way, it probably should be Savage Jaguar. The surge thing is probably just a mistake in the romnization. It's suppose to be like his other attack, Savage Mice, which is a reference to the movie Salvage Mice. If you check the Akiba news page, it'll even say that the word they were searching for means "savage" and "savage" looks a lot closer to "salvage" than "surge" does.
Do what to who now? I dun know compooters.

oh, that makes sense.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

In your browser there should be a setting for character encoding. Setting it to Japanese (Shift JIS) should make the gibberish turn to Japanese
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote:In your browser there should be a setting for character encoding. Setting it to Japanese (Shift JIS) should make the gibberish turn to Japanese
found it. it works. hooray!
ponkan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Shinken, Blade, Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Time, Akiba, GARO
Dreamy: Time Pink!
Favorite Actor?: Setsuko Hara
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Quote: "Don't smoke too much, drink too much, eat too much or work too much. We're all on the road to the grave -- but there's no need to be in the passing lane. " - Robert Orben
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ponkan »

references / homages galore! the scene where Dr. Z announces the dissolution of Sutema Otsu is a homage from Bioman where Doctor Man's henchmen and the Mecha Clones along chants his name in unison. and yes, the new roll call and shin akibared's heart tiger power is a reference from Gekiranger (btw, i so love that roll call! :D) and a LOT of references from Sun Vulcan.

btw, i think the preview narrator is the same narrator from shinkenger right? their voices are exactly the same.

the final episode is so freakin' near.. i will sorely miss this show :(
Last edited by ponkan on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My heart goes GABU GABU!"
ookamiryuujin670
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: GokaiYellow
Favorite Actor?: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Favorite Band: Exile
My boom: The Great Outdoors
Quote: "Dreams tend to be the kind of thing that vanish if you think you can't reach them" - Captain Marvelous

Post by ookamiryuujin670 »

oh my GOD I loved this episode so much for all the references to Gekiranger!! This is very interesting, because when that Shake-up happened and was being explained by Akagi, I had this flashback to Kamen Rider Hibiki and the shake-up with that series. And then, because I was a bit high at the time I watched the episode, I came up with the following outrageous theory/delusion scenario (you may just get a little laugh out of it): They are explaining the shake-up because it's what is actually happening to the show in real life, since there are people on the production team who have listened to the fans and want to change the show up into a longer and more official show, but then there are also people within the team who want to finish the project as planned. And umm... I don't remember where I was going with this. haha oops my bad sorry for wasting your time
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Man, this episode really broke the fourth wall. I was having trouble following the plot revelations that Akagi figured out. So their goal was to be official from the start of the series and now they don't want to be official anymore? Is that right? Anyways, my favorite parts of this episode was when Akagi was holding that scrolling message on the screen and when Takuma leaves with his motorcycle quickly. That was fast. Lol...But yeah, I'm glad that the little plot with Hakase is now over with.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

kanjitech1988 wrote: Yeah, I just noted the comparison. Actually, I remember there being an instance in Sentai history where something similar happened. The actress wasn't there so they killed her off in suit. I forgot which one it is.
Yellow Four, Bioman. http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Mika_Koizumi

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”