Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Akiba Tsuu 02 released

Post by takenoko »

Okay, actually looking over the list, there's only two things that I would change. Probably not worth a reencode. I am genuinely sorry about the glitchy timing though. I added that in at the last minute and wasn't very careful about it. It's a poor man who blames his tools for his own errors, but man do I have problems with getting retimes right in aegisub for some reason
stalydan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Tendou (Kabuto)
Favorite Band: Versailles
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by stalydan »

Random thing that I just noticed on a rewatch, the Oneedaas' swords say "Oh!" on the hilt.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Two episodes in and I'm already loving this series. Wish I could say the same for the newest Garo series so far. Anyways, I wonder if this show is going to play around with a lot of the behind the scenes stuff that goes on with the Sentai world. When they brought up the Chinaman thing, I instantly remember hearing about it from Super Hero Taihen. After that, I was interested in seeing how the whole episode was going to play out and it was hilarious. The new member was not too bad. I did enjoy her messing up the team's roll call. Seeing Kiba Ranger back in action was just icing on the cake!
nanaholic
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by nanaholic »

ViRGE wrote:
takenoko wrote:From TV Tropes ""Absolute Territory" (zettai ryouiki in Japanese) describes the area of uncovered thigh between the skirt and the stockings that's apparently a total magnet for Male Gaze. "
Thanks for the explanation. Thumbing through TV Tropes here, and just so I'm understanding this right, it's how much skin is not showing? :? The implication being that Koichi likes girls in very short skirts wearing very long stockings?

That seems so backwards. Then again this is Japan. :oops:
Picture speaks a thousand words:

Here the old Mitsuki shows the perfect example of "Absolute Territory" (zettai ryouiki). The idea that this is a turn on is because the less you can see actually leaves more for the imagination to work its magic - in another words it's a big tease and that's why people like it. Or in another way of thinking about it it's like cleavage of the legs - you aren't actually seeing anything indecent per se, but doesn't mean people don't like to take a peak and picture what the rest of the "goods" are like.

Also FWIW you will notice that the Akiba Yellow/Blue's costume actually also have "Absolute Territory".
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I really like that... so I'm basically stealing it for our wiki definition.

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Absolute_territory

Let me know if it's cool that I use your nick there, otherwise I can just delete it
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

This also give a pretty good definition plus some details about it :
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... taiRyouiki
nanaholic

Post by nanaholic »

takenoko wrote:I really like that... so I'm basically stealing it for our wiki definition.

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Absolute_territory

Let me know if it's cool that I use your nick there, otherwise I can just delete it
Sure go ahead. :lol:
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

Post by Enter the Meteor »

Hello~

Holy cow! That was G-R-E-A-T! Luna is very easy on the eyes, and she is already better then Mitsuki! I mean, she is the foil of her, thankfully it is MY type of character! And she is sixteen, just like me!

I got ahead of myself, let me start at the start of the episode:

Normal recap stuff.

The full, new opening. I think it is G-R-E- (Opps, already used that to), how about “New opening kitaaa!” Damn, got ahead of myself there too.

Moving on, the Dream-ray Deck is.. just… great! I would um… watch that “new” Aoi-tan show for multiple purposes… Although, I would first choose Goemon from Oda Nobuna no Yabō, then Tohka Yatogami from Date A Live. Who would you guys (or girls, the machine works both ways) choose?

The batteries was one of the best part of this episode, I thought that was well-thought out.

My thought on the Monster of the Week, this week: Blu-ray Chief Clerk!

During his bit in the beginning when he was selling the Dream-ray Deck was quite polished. The only thing I would recommend is that he choose someone else other than the bum with the glasses to be his first choice, the man in the white shirt to his right was a better choice. As for his monster form, it is well-done. I thought that the fight on top of the maze (right when the fight started) was great, especially when Nobuo backed in to him. Getting back to the fight, the 30 Second Skip Fist and the 12 Second Rewind Fist were too over-powered, I know that was the point… Although I would not mind having that power with the above two anime girls I wrote about before…

Ummm.. right, where we… oh, right. Let me digress and say that I think that ChinaRed is very creepy and I am happy that they scrapped that idea. The “Nice to Meet You” line and the photos was a great change of mood, at least until Blu-ray Chief Clerk came back in. The Downconvert Beam is the best thing ever! The part where it hit the temple and it turned into the wood blocks that you use as a kid was great, it also worked as a great segue to Nobuo waking up.

The Tsuu Shogun is very creepy. I like how they are making him be in a sort of dream world as well, with him scolding the thing on the wall to stop staring at him.

Seeing Aoi-tan gone was hard to stomach… Thought, the colors do look cool.

The interview part was also a highlight, except for the Gosei Sentai AkibaRanger themes, not a fan. I did enjoy the semi-homosexual moment between Nobuo and Tsuu Shogun though.

LUNAAAA! She is so energetic, and she is the polar opposite of Mitsuki. I would date he if I lived in their universe! She whooped ass in her first delusion! I guess Mitsuki and her have that in common… “Don’t throw things!”

When Yuuko came back, I was so happy that I jumped out of my seat. I did find it contrasting that she acted all elegant and froufrou was a great change of pace.

The Oneedaas are just wonky, they serve their purpose.

I guess I should write about the hair changed, they work. Luna’s is a contrast to her personality, while Yuuko’s is… not a foil.

Luna doing the Gosei Sentai AkibaRanger roll call while Yuuko and Nobuo did the Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger roll call was a neat bit. Nobuo may want to step back from the cliff next roll call. I do want to know where Yuuko has been all of this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blu-ray Chief Clerk and the Oneedaas looking as the Rangers jump off the building was a nice touch.

Luna proves how awesome she is by saying that they lost that dynamic in episode 04 of Gosei Sentai AkibaRanger was neat.

Blu-ray Chief Clerk pushing the Oneedaas out of the way and having them disappear was fantastic!

I do wish that Luna did cross over with Yuuko and Nobuo switched sides.

Ouch, Luna watch where you aim your feet, you could have disjointed Nobuo’s neck there. I did like it when he re-adjusted it.

Luna not knowing how to do the hand motions was sad, ah well, I will give her a week and see how she is doing on that.

Akiba Meteo Cannon, another reference of Fourze? Anyway, that wounds wicked neat.

Nobuo kicking the energy blasé was great as well.

I wonder what Blu-ray Chief Clerk did indeed change the channel, maybe by “channel” he mean dimension?

Eh???? I did not work! ChinaRed is still here, and do NOT even get me started on those eyes…

ChinaWhite is what I first said too, do not feel bad Nobuo…

KouShinSei KibaRanger, with the AkibaRanger’s logo. How dare you, AkibaRanger! Changing the only thing that was adapted from DaiRanger to Power Rangers… I will never forgive you! (Well, I may, we shall see!) I named myself after you (true story, I was T.J. until I was three, I changed it to “Tommy” because of the white Power Ranger).

“DaiRanger kitaaa!” That was THE BEST reference, ever! I could not stop laughing. Maybe in the new dimension, they have Kamen Rider?

How will this end! I hope KibaRanger does not hurt them!

The ending (Fight! Sun Vulcan Robo) was a reference to Sun Vulcan, I guess. I will not watch it, only for the sole reason of me getting hooked on it and watching all of them and then forgetting what happened in what episode. So, I just watched the background slides. The Go-Onger one is the best.

Over-all: it was great

Favorite Joke: The batteries
Favorite Reference: “DaiRanger kitaaa!” (Fourze)
Favorite Item to have n the real world: Dream-ray Deck.

Feel free to comment and put you thoughts on what I said. I will be a week behind everyone else.

Later~
Last edited by Enter the Meteor on Mon May 06, 2013 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Enter the Meteor wrote:The Go-Onger on is the best.
Nah, the best one is them meditating with the Maskman. :P
Favorite Reference: “DaiRanger kitaaa!” (Fourze)
Eh, I wouldn't say "Kitaaa!" is a general Fourze reference; I mean, other things besides that show use it too.
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

@Go-On Macaroni:

That is true, at least with the "kitaaa" part, but in terms of pop-culture for last year and this year for Toei, I bet they were thinking of Fourze. However, I still believe that the Akiba Meteo Cannon was for Meteor.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

My best guess is that Meteor Cannon is a reference to Monster Hunter. I don't see any other results in google besides that.
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Meteor_Cannon

Both of them are cannons that are shaped like bows.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

"Kita" is mostly used in these shows' contexts as just a generic nerdy way of saying "fuck yeah", isn't it? That's how I've been interpreting it, anyway. Gentarou was all "fuck yeah, space!" and Yellow here was just excited to see a Dairanger pop up.

I think trying to base that as a reference just off of the stuff we get as subs here is pretty narrow-focus. We're only getting an insanely small slice of the culture, within which maybe "kitaaaaa" is the hep jazz all the cool cats are bip-boppin' along to for years, man.
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

@dancercotillion:

I thought that kitaa meant something along the lines of "it is here". Gentarou I do not believe would cuss randomly... But, I am just saying that in a Toei world, that was a call back to Fourze, not in general.

@takenoko:

I could be both...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Kitaaa's been around a while. It literally means "it has come, it has arrived" but at this point it can be used as a shout of elation. It's used a lot in Densha Otoko.

@takenoko: I could be both...[/quote]

It could be both what? I only listed one thing that I thought it could be.
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

@takenoko:

I could be a reference to Kamen Rider Meteor or the Metoer cannon in Monster Hunter. Either way, it is a well-made reference.

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”