Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Akiba Tsuu 09 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/AkibaRanger_2_Episode_09

Kind of an unusual episode, which must mean that the plot is gearing up for the end game!

I kind of like all the tropes that came up in this episode. The swimsuit trope, the wedding trope, etc.

Just a lot of good little bits. Oh man, I didn't even notice the customers leaving Secret Base with red marks on their faces. It's just all these little touches that make this series so much fun.

There's no doubt that the nurse is Malshiina now. So what's that mean, I wonder?

Some QCers wanted to know about the slang that happened during the teleportation, so I wrote up a page gathering those terms up here:
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/List_of_Japanese_Slang
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Akiba Tsuu 09 released

Post by Dragonfan »

Maybe the whole season is the delusion of that hospitalized man?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

My theory - Hospitalized man is Yatsude Saburou and this entire season is his delusion. You'll notice that nurse was played by Malshiina.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

What was with Akagi and the others having blue lips when they were in their swimsuits? Also Tsuu's marathon number made me think of N's trainer ID in BW2 since it's identical.

I never realized there was a Boy trope with mecha. There's the standard Ou/Oh trope but the Boy trope is new to me.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I think the blue lips was just that they were really cold. IIRC this show shot in Feb/March, which means it was still pretty damn freezing out, especially only in a swimsuit.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

What? So are you saying the last scene of this season will all take place in an autistic child's snowglobe?!
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Dragonfan wrote:Maybe the whole season is the delusion of that hospitalized man?
Marcus Kane, you rascal, you've done it again!

But really, I'm surprised it took this long for the delusions of sentai fans to result in everyone getting gay married. Also surprised that I'm want to delude myself into thinking they followed through with that concept.

Damnit, me, its Adam and Eve! Not Adam and Ki....baranger....damnit, me, it felt like that was gonna work!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Akagi is god. Picking up on the automated robot 'Boy' thing was gold. And I friggen love the Machine Itassha theme.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Well, the Boy trope is kinda famous during 80-90's. the last one is Go-Roader Gt in Go-On, so no surprise if not many people remembers it. Plus, its kinda a rare trope.

Well, Akagi can cross off the power up ep, swimsuit ep, new member ep, bride ep, sports attire ep, new mecha ep, and villain's backstabbed ep now from his wishlist in Akiba S1 ep 13.

! of the reason I really missed Mitsuki in this season is because of swimsuit ep. Luna and Yuuko only gives the cute aura from their swimsuit, Mitsuki would've given some sexiness in it.

Yuuko, you are cute but the cosplay this time is really off-putting. Don't wear that again.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that was definitely a different episode. It didn't have a ton of laugh out loud moments, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching Tsuu Shogun almost defeat the Akibarangers through his knowledge of Sentai tropes, only for Akibaranger to pull out the second robo (it's been so long since we had a "boy" robo). More importantly however, we got another mecha fight! It's clear Akibaranger is never going to give us a proper 1-on-1 fight with a suitably sized Itassha Robo, but I'm enjoying these. However I would like to see Itassha Robo's proper finisher (the big laser) one day.

And I guess Tsuu Shogun is always going to come up underneath someone when he appears in the world of delusions. With Malshiina that's funny; with Luna that's just creepy. :?

Speaking of Luna, Luna's getting to be so stupid that it's starting to hurt. I get that she's the outsider, but she's been running around with the idiot ball exclusively for a few episodes now. It would be a lot nicer if there was a bit more to her than unrestrained optimism and a lack of IQ.
Yuuko, you are cute but the cosplay this time is really off-putting. Don't wear that again.
Agreed. That was more off the wall than I could really handle.
takenoko wrote:There's no doubt that the nurse is Malshiina now. So what's that mean, I wonder?
Either I'm so used to Malshiina's over the top antics or I'm just bad at telling people apart, but I would have never realized that had you not pointed it out. :oops:

Next ep preview:
Spoiler
1 more episode?! Surely that can't be right! :(
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

They're not seriously going to cut it short at ten episodes, are they?

I was hoping for at least the 12 we got last time. Was the fan response that the gang pleaded for at the end of the last season not enough?

Also, just what was Yuuko's cosplay supposed to be? Some sort of bizarre teamster on strike? With the headband and chanting, she looked like maybe she was protesting something.
MajinBOO
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by MajinBOO »

Now there are 5 MMZs for henshin. Who will be other 2 Rangers ?

Akibaranger usually re-use everything. Other 2 maybe old version of AkibaBlue and Yellow.
Mitsuki may come back,pick up MMZ-00 and henshin. But the camera only saw her back not face.
For old yellow ........ Horimi Etsuko ,Yuuko mother in law.
Tomos
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Languages/singing

Post by Tomos »

I'm really liking the different song endings. It reminds me of Lucky Star. I like watching people sing karaoke, probably because of the Welsh in me!

I thought the 10 episode thing was a joke. I hope it's not true.

I had a feeling that Tsuu Shogun might be in the hospital bed, although that's probably wrong.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

TBustah! wrote:Also, just what was Yuuko's cosplay supposed to be? Some sort of bizarre teamster on strike? With the headband and chanting, she looked like maybe she was protesting something.
An Ouendan member.

Also, I doubt they were serious about only having 10 episodes. CDJapan is still saying "episodes 10 through 13" so...
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

TBustah! wrote:They're not seriously going to cut it short at ten episodes, are they?

I was hoping for at least the 12 we got last time. Was the fan response that the gang pleaded for at the end of the last season not enough?

Also, just what was Yuuko's cosplay supposed to be? Some sort of bizarre teamster on strike? With the headband and chanting, she looked like maybe she was protesting something.
Please don't. The fact we only got 13 episodes last season is already depressing (1 of it is just a recap!). This season we already got the recap episode in ep 1. At the very least 3 more normal episodes.
ViRGE wrote:Speaking of Luna, Luna's getting to be so stupid that it's starting to hurt. I get that she's the outsider, but she's been running around with the idiot ball exclusively for a few episodes now. It would be a lot nicer if there was a bit more to her than unrestrained optimism and a lack of IQ.
Thanks to her we got a cameo by Powerful Rangers. And Mitsuki learned about BoukenRanger. I guess it's okay. Keep calling out her name is kinda annoying though.

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”