Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Akiba Tsuu 11 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/AkibaRanger_2_Episode_11

What did I just watch? What a big plot dump. Looks like we have another meta story though.

I don't know what to think of the season one finale being back. I think I liked it better when this season started by rewriting it.

There's nurse Hirata again. I wonder if she'll play a bigger part later on? I'm glad she wasn't just around for that bit part in the last episode though.

Glad this series is coming to a close though. Doing three weeklies and then qcing for a fourth one is way too much work.

Edit: Just something I noticed while watching this episode. Since it was so focused on Malshiina, you really notice her contacts a lot.

If you guys want to see something weird, check out this link that Mac found. It's related to the episode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt6FXstuKos
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Akiba Tsuu 11 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I did like the part that the flags were reversed. Also I'm surprised there's no revelation to Luna's existence yet. They explained that Tsuu was a defense mechanism by Hatto but nothing about Luna yet. Speaking of Luna, she really stepped up as an AkibaRanger.

I read in the wiki that Yuuko has a Sailor Uranus costume. I guess she likes gender ambiguous people.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

I feel cheated out of a super intro sequence.

So has this all been about nurse gekiratchet being pissed about red's insert theme comment? Now granted, Brusa Lee 2 (edit - sorry, it was 3)'s wasn't the best, but hers was only second.

...what? I love a good mouth organ.

...Ambiguous anus.

...(Nice save, me)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Ahh, and we're back to shattering the 4th wall. Man I've missed this kind of humor from Akibaranger. Not that the rest isn't great too, but this is particularly awesome.

I love how the OP for the Malshiina show was obviously just a parody of Kyouryuugers XD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

jolly_old_saint wrote:Crazy old man rantings
Shut up, grandpa! Or we'll put you in a home!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Luna really stepped up her game this episode. I don't know if the annoying idol thing was to make us hate her, but she changed my opinion. Hopefully it sticks.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

this was an interesting episode to be sure.

I enjoyed it.
samelf
7X

Post by samelf »

So, the scorpion tattoo wasn't just thrown out unless it is again next episode. Didn't masholina stop to think that frying General tsu's mind might cause problem though I think that's why The guy in the bed is dying after all. Sorry not good with these names :(.
TAKBonez
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kyouryuuger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Fourze
Dreamy: Luka Milfy
Favorite Actor?: None
Favorite Band: Punk & Crust
Quote: Hime hime hime, suki suki daisuki, hime hime
Type: ESFP Performer

Post by TAKBonez »

yes this episode was so good. love to see the season 1 plot back, and what's gonna happen to Hakase? Yea Blue was pretty cool this ep.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Everything Luna said there is a victory flag: the realization, the not giving up, the screaming henshin. In normal sentai that would be the awesome scene in the climax of battle, complete with the defeat of her nemesis

I guess the last line about the grave is a losing flag though, which is why is she managed to hurt Deluknight, but not quite enough
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Oh good lord, I'm in tears here! Malshiina breaking the 4th wall in such a candid manner in a vendetta against Hatte completely cracked me up here. That's one of the best gags from the entire season thus far. It's just so over the top that it's painfully hilarious. :lol:

And you know what? I'm glad we're getting more Malshiina! Since she was pushed into the corner as a sub-character for most of this season (and half of last season) it's fantastic to see the good guy/bad guy dynamic completely thrown on its head here, and have Malshiina be the (misguided) protagonist.

But of course once again Nobuo's knowledge of Sentai prevails in a sense, and he gets to outsmart Malshiina at her own game (so far).
Catastrophe wrote:Luna really stepped up her game this episode. I don't know if the annoying idol thing was to make us hate her, but she changed my opinion. Hopefully it sticks.
Agreed. She wasn't smart enough to recognize the reversed flags, but at least she had heart here as opposed to simply lugging around the idiot ball. I'm hopeful her character arc will have some kind of significant meaning here by the end of the series.

PS I'm just going to note the position Malshiina took on top of Hatte... :shock:
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i was thinking, if a tvtropes fan entered the delusional world, they would be unstoppable.

I half-expected Akiba Blue 1 to appear and save Luna.

it would have been interesting if they had done a Malshiina version of the opening.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

I guess nobody noticed that Luna's yelling Juu Mousou is similar to Akagi's first time henshin in reality world in S1.

Is Malshiina technically travels to other dimensions and world to destroy the Sentai. Sounds like she is destroying the Sentai in every world to connect the world together. And nobody there to yell "ONORE MALSHIINA!!!!"

Oh well, not like Akiba is acknowledging other series other than Sentai....

Yuuko having a Sailor Uranus uniform should be expected from someone with a fujoshi fetish. Those Uranus jokes never gets old.
Wild Goose
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Wild Goose »

Great ep, loved it, felt amused at how Malshiina was wanting Nobuo to remember her, like a yanderish ex girlfriend. :p

Also, Luna was totally awesome this ep. Finally she became useful!

...but Mitsuki will always be best AkibaBlue for me.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I like how they can slander and mock Hatte Saburo because he doesn't actually exist. It's a great meta-meta-joke. They're a fictional world inside a fictional world.
locuas wrote:i was thinking, if a tvtropes fan entered the delusional world, they would be unstoppable.
No, because they would be too busy saying what other things a given flag had come up in to take advantage of anything. Just like real life.

God, I hate tvtropes. I would give anything for the power to wipe it out of existence. What's that, deep-voiced man wearing a trenchcoat in my mirror? If I'm the last surviving participant of a competition you've devised, I can make a wish for anything my heart desires? Sign me up!

Return to “Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger”