Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: PM me! :D
Favorite Actor?: Matsuzaka Tori
Favorite Band: KAT-TUN
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: "Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth" - Albus Dumbledore, Book #6

Re: Kamen Rider Wizard (2012 rumors)

Post by DuneAlia »

After Fourze I don't have faith I'll like this new one at all. OOO barely passed and that was because Ankh (mainly) and the rest of the Greeed were wonderful but the series as a whole was awful. Fourze was too American and was basically a CW drama masquerading as a Japanese Kamen Rider. I couldn't take it. The entire series was literally to do toy promotions.

I must admit I kind of like the look of the Rider in the picture but after the last 2 Rider series I honestly fear for this new series as a whole.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

Well the show never came out, so it's kinda unfair to judge it beforehand.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

DuneAlia wrote:After Fourze I don't have faith I'll like this new one at all. OOO barely passed and that was because Ankh (mainly) and the rest of the Greeed were wonderful but the series as a whole was awful. Fourze was too American and was basically a CW drama masquerading as a Japanese Kamen Rider. I couldn't take it. The entire series was literally to do toy promotions.

I must admit I kind of like the look of the Rider in the picture but after the last 2 Rider series I honestly fear for this new series as a whole.
whoa whoa whoa. Kamen Rider OOO was a good show. Tell me why u think the whole series was awful?
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:Better picture (in all the ways)

Edit: More pics added
Spoiler
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

So they got rid of the bug eyes motif... that's not good at all. I have a feeling that they're going to stray away from the bug eyes. Plus I can't imagine what Fourze will do in the Movie War when he meets up with Wizard...
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Every year people make snap decisions based on a couple pictures and a name and usually they changed their minds when the actual series starts airing. Wizard will be no different.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Phoenix512 wrote:Every year people make snap decisions based on a couple pictures and a name and usually they changed their minds when the actual series starts airing. Wizard will be no different.
Indeed. I know I've been guilty of it. Especially when I first saw Fourze. But Fourze grew on me rather quickly. This, however, is the first time in awhile that I'm of the opposite stance. I absolutely LOVE this design.
Skeith
7X
Quote: I'm.....right here.

Post by Skeith »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:Better picture (in all the ways)

Edit: More pics added
Spoiler
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Reminds me of one of the Mask HERO in Yu-Gi-Oh

Spoiler

Then again the Mask Hero are supposed to be base of the Riders.

Examples:

Spoiler

This one reminds me of the future rider of the 000/Fourze movie.

Spoiler

This one looks familiar but I can't put my finger on it.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Suit looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see it in action.
大変身
Save the life
Favorite Actor?: Nobuyuki Hiyama

Post by 大変身 »

I'm pretty excited about Kamen Rider CoatTails, however the belt doesn't really particularly stick to me, of course it might change when the series starts
Twitter
iamawesome.com
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

A Rider with an over coat? And a belt of bling? Color me game. Though the chest piece of the coat looks real familiar, cannot place it... All the other similarities I see (and several I don't) have already been mentioned. Wonder what tricks they have in mind aside from just clones and limb growth.

...Wonder if his final form with half a staff instead of a sword.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Looks pretty cool and simple design.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Actar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hanasaki Tsubomi
My boom: Stuff
Quote: Love what do do, do what you love.

Post by Actar »

Woah, just saw the pics and damn, that's a much cooler design than I had in mind. Thank goodness he doesn't have any white beard or a blue cap with white/yellow stars...

...and so the new gimmick is rings. That, I think I can get into. Loving the designs far more than the Astro Switches, though finger size might be an issue for those of us who want to collect the DX toys. Was hoping they would move away from the model of 'collect 'em all' and move back to the multiple weapon/belt toys like Kabuto or Faiz, but it doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.

Ah, I see the 5 motif. 5 fingers, a hand. Most likely he'll get to wear 5 rings or something.
Video Reviewer of Anime Figures, Mecha and Merchandise. ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
- Channel - Blog
Doguso
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO/Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: W

Post by Doguso »

That last card reminds me of Garren, with the pistol and the deck on his side. Although it could be similar to Zolda, that may be more likely actually..

And I think this rider will be awesome! I personally think OOO, compared to every series since Kabuto, has been much darker thus far. But I can see this rider taking that even further. It was, in my opinion, WAY more serious than W (whatsherface boss of Shoutaro is the main reason I say this, she made the show feel much more childish to me). I hope this will become one of my favorite series.

Also note, the first and second picture, the hand on the belt is facing the opposite side. The first side is to the right, and the 2nd is to the left. They definitely rotate. And he seems to have rings on his right side on that belt hoop thing. We may be seeing a lot of abilities on this rider. I hope they utilized the chinese or celtic elements in this rider, that'd be really cool.

Jefusion has an update, "UPDATE: Kamen Rider Wizard's basic form is called Flame Style, with the Wizarswordgun as his weapon. The title logo similar like Kamen Rider Kiva's."

If this is true, than I'm feeling confident his other forms are element based as well. It might be Den-o like in design. I hope that it isn't a Den-o spiritual successor though, please no spirit/demon possession as he changes forms...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Can he only wear one ring on each hand at a time? I'm guessing he slaps the belt and they activate that way? Kind of a cool concept.

I do like the chain of rings that are on his belt, they seem practical. The design of the suit might be a bit too simple for me. Red eyes, red mask, red chest. Then again, I thought the Buster design was too simple, and I enjoy the show now. So thoughts on designs usually get thrown out the window when the show actually start for me.
krsentai
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Doctor Who
My boom: GOOOOOOOOOOOOKAIGAAA
Quote: UCHUU KITAAAAA!!!!!!!
Ore Sanjou!
Wake Up!

Post by krsentai »

Do we have any news on the head writer yet? Following the pattern, we know Kobayashi won't be doing KR until at least next year.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”