My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Wizard (2012 rumors)

Post by takenoko »

Guess this is the newest thing
http://tinyurl.com/kamenriderwizard

What do you guys think?

Right now, I'm sort of not liking the idea. MagiRangers might be my favorite Sentai of all time, but that was just because the characters and their dynamics were really good. A magical Rider? What's that going to be like?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kamen Rider Wizard (2012 rumors)

Post by Catastrophe »

My thoughts exactly. Although in saying that, I am always slightly sceptical until I see the show itself. Only time will tell.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

I guess I'm also a bit skeptical about the name. I mean, when is the Kamen Rider name ever what one thinks it is? Of the Heisei Riders, the only ones that have names that are actual words are Blade, Double, and Decade, but even then Double was W and Decade was DCD. Even the ones that are made up usually had an additional quirk to them.

Sooo... what's the secret behind Wizard? Does he cast spells? Does he know Magic Missile? And how does it relate to the number five?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

My guess is he's really good at Super Mario and he wants to go to California
Devilbat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade/W

Post by Devilbat »

Kamen Rider Wizard just doesn't come off the tounge nicely. It doesn't sound right. Aside from the name though I can see this working, but I have no idea as to how. What's the belt going to be like for one. Another thing, like Takenoko, I'm wondering how the number 5 is going to fit into this.

My only hopes are that the Rider doesn't look crazy weird like Fourze did and that the story and overall feel of the show is darker and more mature. I've been dying for another series like Kabuto as of recently, I've had enough of all the light heartedness.
"It's... showtime." -Haruto Souma/Kamen Rider Wizard

Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Lunagel wrote:My guess is he's really good at Super Mario and he wants to go to California
I get it! :D

Though moving on, thought it was about time to hear what the next series is... Maybe they're skipping 5 and going to six, where the lead has to learn 666 spells, or he summons demons as comic relief. There's just way too little to know at this point.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

Devilbat wrote:Kamen Rider Wizard just doesn't come off the tounge nicely. It doesn't sound right. Aside from the name though I can see this working, but I have no idea as to how. What's the belt going to be like for one. Another thing, like Takenoko, I'm wondering how the number 5 is going to fit into this.
If it's a magic Rider, I can see a lot of possibilities. A magic pentacle has 5 points and there are both 5 Chinese elements and 5 Western Elements. Also, if you consider that it's easier for most Japanese to pronounce a 'vuh' over a 'wuh', the name could be pronounced V-zard. V=5. His gimmick could be giving high fives instead of a handshake!
Lunagel wrote:My guess is he's really good at Super Mario and he wants to go to California
The Power Glove has 5 fingers and 10 numbered buttons. Just saying, Rider's done weirder things.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Maybe it'll look like this. The scarf is the symbol of a Japanese hero
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

A Kamen Rider version of MagiRanger, my second most favorite Sentai series? Hell. Yes.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

takenoko wrote:And how does it relate to the number five?
This is one of the main things that I'm curious about. I loved the subtle number thing that's been going on since Decade. Maybe he'll control Five elements or something.
ReversedSentai wrote:A Kamen Rider version of MagiRanger, my second most favorite Sentai series? Hell. Yes.
This sums up my sentiments nicely. Except that MagiRanger is my favorite Sentai series.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i just wonder if we are gonna finally get a female second rider.
if this is true, i can't wait for he crossover with fourze. with kengo not believeing they use magic.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

A female secondary rider? Kamen Rider Witch? or will the secondary be trying to stop the use of magic? Kamen Rider Templar? Again, just too little information.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

like Ixa? i could see that.
btw, is it me or Witch is a better rider name?
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Devilbat wrote:My only hopes are that the Rider doesn't look crazy weird like Fourze did and that the story and overall feel of the show is darker and more mature. I've been dying for another series like Kabuto as of recently, I've had enough of all the light heartedness.

I agree with you. I'm getting tired of all the warmheartedness. I prefer something dark like Kuuga and Agito. Kamen Rider Faiz was pretty dark too. Even though Kamen Rider is for kids. I think they need to show something dark so the kids won't be all positive when they grow up o.o
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

OOOKaiser wrote:I agree with you. I'm getting tired of all the warmheartedness. I prefer something dark like Kuuga and Agito. Kamen Rider Faiz was pretty dark too. Even though Kamen Rider is for kids. I think they need to show something dark so the kids won't be all positive when they grow up o.o
What's so bad with kids growing up to be positive?

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”