Kamen Rider Wizard 01 released

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizaaaaard
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >

So what's your initial impressions of Wizard?

It's great, I'm on board.
58%
It's good, but I'll need to see more to decide.
28%
It's just okay, but I'll keep watching before deciding
14%
Meh, not for me.
No votes

Total votes: 118
Gottis
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: UM SNAKE DAD
Favorite Actor?: Inukai Atsuhiro
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Making music videos!
Quote: We're the Heroes of Our Time

Re: Kamen Rider Wizard 01 released

Post by Gottis »

Rinko bores me (I tend to get annoyed at the naive newcomer characters every so often.) and dunno what to say about Koyomi yet. Haruto is... IDK. Can't make an opinion yet, but he isn't really charming, I feel. I hope that changes.

The effects were awesome, but I want to shut the belt up. All in all, I'm feeling rather unimpressed. We'll see... Fourze grabbed me from the get-go. This one? Not so much. (Kinda like how I felt about W and Kiva. OOO and Den-O grabbed me immediately too... Guess I like the more cheerful stuff?)

Most important part though... I DIDN'T SEE ANY HOTTIES! D: Haruto's so not my type. >> I don't know what it is, but I just don't find him attractive.
Finished: All Heisei
Watching: Zi-O
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

Interesting first episode. Skipping the origin can work if it is planned, like this shows.

For some reason, I get flashbacks to the early Heisei Rider shows I watched, mainly Ryuki and Faiz. With the girl reminding me of the female lead of both series.

Preview:
Spoiler
While the character in the preview reminds me of Keitaro, wants to be a Kamen Rider, but somehow cannot be...

Also considering you released the phone bit, but for those who do not want to watch/listen it:
Spoiler
The Episode uses Flame, Hurricane and Land, while the Phone call has Water and Fire, revelation mix up or?

Which reminds me, the Land as said by the belt sounded weird to me. Like it might have been ground. (It's Goseiknight all over again...)

Are you going by ear, or have all these names been released in writing already?
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's not ground because otherwise it would break the pattern for the other three Styles which is the kanji. So Hi = Flame, Fuu = Wind, Sui = Water, and Do = Ground.

I say it again but I rather like it when they don't the origin story right away. I prefer to jump into the action instead of most of the episode building up to the main character acquiring their powers.
Rafael AB
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by Rafael AB »

=O First Post Here...

I liked this first episode all characters seems likeable, I like how they went directly to the action, Also liked how the phantom dectetive (That sounds strange =D oh well...) was the last to enter the building and that at first there were only Ghuls... Makes me hope we won't be seeing some crazy twist down the road
Icingdeth
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
My boom: Gundam, Tokusatsu
Quote: One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth. ~ Char Aznable
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Icingdeth »

First time I've watched a toku first ep so soon after it premiered.
Got to say though that this show seems interesting to say the least.
I got kinda annoyed at the belt because it just sounds so obnoxious and reminds me of the songs from OOO.
I'm not really a fan of the cocky characters but Haruto does it at just the right degree of cockiness.
Kind of upset that we didn't get to see all of the styles in the first ep.
My favourite part was when he used the ring to get his doughnuts.
All in all I'm really looking forward to how this show develops and where it ends.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

This seems like it's gonna be good. I enjoyed this first episode.

Given it went out of control, who wants to bet that the dragon is Haruto's Phantom?
Doublesteel
Infinity

Post by Doublesteel »

I totally love the fact that whenever he uses Flame related powers the belt sounds to be giggling, "FLAME Please! Hee Hee Hee HEE!"

good start overall. althou the handshake gimmick is giving me the creeps.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Kuchiri »

I'm thinking the Dragon is another Familiar not his phantom.

I'm also thinking the final form is going to be Purple (Like usual) and with all the similarities to OOO it will probably be like a FangJoker with his Phantom being the cast of the style.

Other than that. This is easily my favorite gimmick of a Kamen Rider. Rings.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Barim wrote:Are you going by ear, or have all these names been released in writing already?
http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/wizard/ring/landstyle.html

Yeah, I think we've got this one. I don't know why Phoenix is being dense and not realizing land and ground are synonyms.

Anyway, I sorta think that the Phantom inside Haruto is a dragon. That'd explain why all the emblems for his spells have a dragon on them.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote:Anyway, I sorta think that the Phantom inside Haruto is a dragon. That'd explain why all the emblems for his spells have a dragon on them.
ok, so either i was right, or there's another dragon in there.

and if his phantom IS a dragon
Speculation Spoiler
Spoiler
who wants to bet he gets at least one dragon related form? or maybe dragon themed power-ups for every form?

also, I have no idea what they'll do for the second rider, if there even is one (though with how much merch it nets them, of course there'll be at least one more rider), but i'd love to have a female rider who ends up magical girl themed. even if just a movie exclusive like nadeshiko. it'd especially be funny since at least one artist i get kamen rider fan art from draws the riders as girls, and wizard's been drawn as a magical girl.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

takenoko wrote:Yeah, I think we've got this one. I don't know why Phoenix is being dense and not realizing land and ground are synonyms.
I wasn't being dense. I wasn't referring to Land Style not being ground. He was talking about the belt song for Land Style. I said that because if it was ground instead of Dododon, it would break the pattern of the other Style songs.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Heh. The cockiness of Kabuto, the magic of Magiranger, and the forms of Kuuga.

Anyway, a very good first episode. I was hyped for weeks and I'm glad that it doesn't disappoint.

And I'm calling it now...there will be a story arc in which Haruto is in danger of giving into his despair and losing his abilities.

Speaking of, his Phantom seems to indeed be the dragon. And I am soooooo reminded of Dragredder...

Also, does Wizard just seem to be dark overall. Granted, I think anything could be dark after Fourze.
Last edited by Kamen Rider Raven on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Phoenix512 wrote:I wasn't being dense. I wasn't referring to Land Style not being ground. He was talking about the belt song for Land Style. I said that because if it was ground instead of Dododon, it would break the pattern of the other Style songs.
But do means "ground". Just like how "hi" means fire, and "fuu" means "wind" (for hurricane).

I dunno, Wizard doesn't seem that dark so far. And Haruto doesn't seem that cocky. I think he'd need to step up his game if he wants to be a lady's man though.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

There's no chance of Haruto being a ladies man. You automatically lose that chance when you become a main character Kamen Rider.
rlee1988

Post by rlee1988 »

Think this series is going to have a good balance of dark/light episodes. This is definitely darker then the past 2 series I've watched(ryuki and fourze) so I'm happy about that.
Completed-Kamen rider: Ryuki, Fourze
Currently watching: go-busters, go-onger, agito, amazon, wizard, W

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”