Kamen Rider Wizard 01 released

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizaaaaard
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >

So what's your initial impressions of Wizard?

It's great, I'm on board.
58%
It's good, but I'll need to see more to decide.
28%
It's just okay, but I'll keep watching before deciding
14%
Meh, not for me.
No votes

Total votes: 118
hafizipauzi
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey
Quote: I'll never take back my word

Re: Kamen Rider Wizard 01 released

Post by hafizipauzi »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
hafizipauzi wrote:Basically, I just didnt see any martial art fighting skill in most of Kamen Rider (sorry if I'm mistaken) the only obvious Kamen Rider shown to have martial art skill was Meteor and Wizard
Spoiler
see episode 2 first ok dude
but Fourze was the worst.. just beat the hell out of monster.. but thats Gentarou's style coz he is nice and friendly look alike delinquent =P
You said "At last... after so many post Decade-rider," so, I was only making a joking remark about Double and OOO, since I thought it was talking about the Heisei Riders since Decade, not all Kamen Rider. Also, what does ep. 2 of Wizard have to do with this? Best to leave that out, to not provide spoilers.
thats why i never mention anything but only to wait for episode 2 to be release =D
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Didn't like the hand on sword it could be more like hand on belt but I guess they couldn't prevent themselves making that "shake hand" parody

Rings could be a little smaller and still can be distinctive enough since they are already zooming on hand when he puts one on but considering oversize complex of japanese I should be glad with just that rings are just covering two or three fingers instead of whole hand.

Otherwise I enjoyed this show alot especially main characters attitude it has been a while last we saw someone confident and knows what is he doing (last time was decade I think)
hafizipauzi

Post by hafizipauzi »

Greenstalker wrote:Didn't like the hand on sword it could be more like hand on belt but I guess they couldn't prevent themselves making that "shake hand" parody

Rings could be a little smaller and still can be distinctive enough since they are already zooming on hand when he puts one on but considering oversize complex of japanese I should be glad with just that rings are just covering two or three fingers instead of whole hand.

Otherwise I enjoyed this show alot especially main characters attitude it has been a while last we saw someone confident and knows what is he doing (last time was decade I think)
just enjoy the show bro... =D be like Gentarou "I'll embrace all the good and bad sides of you and be my friend" haha :D
ponkan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Shinken, Blade, Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Time, Akiba, GARO
Dreamy: Time Pink!
Favorite Actor?: Setsuko Hara
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: "Don't smoke too much, drink too much, eat too much or work too much. We're all on the road to the grave -- but there's no need to be in the passing lane. " - Robert Orben
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ponkan »

just watched the pilot episode today and yes.. i have tons of expectations for this series. the concept, the plot, and the Kamen Rider himself: almost perfect. i suddenly remember W in him. i guess i have to wait for EP2 to confirm myself that i'll continue watching this, but nevertheless, great series so far! :)
"My heart goes GABU GABU!"
demino555
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider W
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Band: J-rock
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: nasuverse
Quote: "Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"

Post by demino555 »

I find myself with mixed feelings about this rider. It's just that high after a great series...(Yes, I know I'm probably the only one in this thread that liked Fourze).

The guy himself? Awesome.

The suit? The guy can make it look good and the suit actor just brings out the best in it.
Spoiler
But I still get reminded of the jewel dopant

the henshin? I... feel so cheated

the belt? cheated and annoyed.

the idea? I like it.

Execution? Over the top but not in the most entertaining way.

Overall the start reminds me of Kiva. Some riders you watch for the grit, others for the entertainment factor. Fourze was the latter for me and I find Wizard to be a rather neutral start. It had its good points but it felt a bit sloppy. I dunno but the points I didn't like just jumped out at me like a tiger on a scared gazelle. I'm hoping that I'll like this in time.

Thanks for the work TV-N staff.
My power is EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!
hafizipauzi

Post by hafizipauzi »

demino555 wrote: the henshin? I... feel so cheated

the belt? cheated and annoyed.
feel cheated? care to explain?
spinner159
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W, Magi, shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva, OOO, geki
Dreamy: Urara,
Favorite Band: uverworld, abs,
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: gundam,anime,kr,ss

Post by spinner159 »

I find the first episode very nice :p Especially the fights, I found it very well executed.
The characters are also interesting and I hope that it will have a nice story.

Did someone else get a karas feeling when he transforms?
demino555
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider W
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Band: J-rock
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: nasuverse
Quote: "Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"

Post by demino555 »

Well, it's just that I'm usually in awe of a rider's henshin. It makes you feel like some kind of switch was just flipped that hailed an ass kicking. When Wizard did his henshin, there was no click to it for me.

The belt... reminds me of Kiva's sword which had to be reset every or every other use. The jingle drives me up the wall but I'm getting used to it. What really annoys me is when he uses the style rings and they keep repeating it like a twin maximum from W. The belt cheated me too because... seriously, that belt is being operated in a way that makes it look like it needs a manual but at the same time all you really need to do is rest your ringed hand over the buckle.

Shaking hands with your sword is also a very very odd way to get stuff pass the radar :mrgreen:

EDIT: Just curious but at 9:43 Isn't it supposed to be "It's not that I don't give in to despair because I have my magic" instead of "I don't give in to despair because I have magic"?

consider it a nitpick if you will :lol:
My power is EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”