2%
It's pretty bad
No votes

Total votes: 66
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: KR Wizard 03 released

Post by ViRGE »

When filing away episode 3, I noticed that the last two HD encodes have been 300MB rather than 350MB. Are you guys changing your encode settings for Wizard?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

HyperDrake wrote:Every Gates have Phantoms inside their bodies. There are four possible outcomes that can happen to Gates as the following:
Isn't it a bit early to be doing stuff like this? We're only three episodes in.
FaeQueenCory
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider ΑgitΩ
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Favorite Band: Kiryu
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: H0mestuck
Quote: FAA: i think
FAA: it was m0re likely just an0ther inevitability
FAA: a pr0duct 0f c0llusi0n between the disparate f0rces at play
FAA: a bargain struck between what skaia kn0ws already and what the g0ds demand up fr0nt
FAA: t0gether they 0rchestrate trials sufficient t0 ensure
FAA: that in 0verc0ming them we w0uld be pr0ven w0rthy
FAA: 0f inheriting the ultimate reward

Post by FaeQueenCory »

I'm enjoying it so far... The OP still has me... I dunno.
It starts off ok and then gets all dark... then that chorus comes in and is WAAAAAAAAAY too happy compared to the verse...
And that's kinda how the show plays out: just when it's getting a bit dark... BAM! Silliness and hilarity!
Not that that is a bad thing. It worked wonderfully in W.

But I can't help thinking that Toei doesn't want another 555... Because in premise, Wizard has the potential to be more suicide inducing than 555 was.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Only reason I call him Long is because I have yet to commit his character's name to memory yet, and I only know him from Gekiranger. It's a temporary thing really. If they show him more often, I would know his name by now.
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

I feel like Haruto saying that he'll be their final hope is more for the situation at hand (Gate is in despair/loses all hope, Haruto will be their final hope in a literal sense, without him they'll become a Phantom). As for Rinko and Shunpei still wearing the Engage rings, I think they're wearing them as a reminder of what happened and to know that even if they fall into despair, they still have Haruto as hope. I don't see "Long" being the second rider, for one it's too early to predict it, and two, based on his early actions, he seems more intent on covering things up rather than proactively oppose the Phantoms. Of course, he could be taking orders from someone higher up and his real intentions are the same as Rinko's, but right now it doesn't seem that way. The only thing I don't like about Rinko right now is that she went from serious detective in episodes 1&2 to Haruto fangirl in episode 3. Even though the police isn't doing an official investigation into the Phantoms, it still would be nice if Rinko did an unofficial investigation on her own while providing information to Haruto at various points in the story. Again, still to early to tell what her role will be in the story, I just hope she ends up being a more proactive cast member than just a fangirl.
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Post by Strykor »

For some reason, the Water henshin audio clip sounds like a combination of The Three Stooges doing their "Hello" bit and a beach movie, but other than that, every thing else was very good. A little slow in places, but very good. Watching the fight scenes, however, makes me think the stunt coordinators are having a blast with this character.
blazin
Go Go!

Post by blazin »

MarcosPMA wrote:I feel like Haruto saying that he'll be their final hope is more for the situation at hand (Gate is in despair/loses all hope, Haruto will be their final hope in a literal sense, without him they'll become a Phantom). As for Rinko and Shunpei still wearing the Engage rings, I think they're wearing them as a reminder of what happened and to know that even if they fall into despair, they still have Haruto as hope. I don't see "Long" being the second rider, for one it's too early to predict it, and two, based on his early actions, he seems more intent on covering things up rather than proactively oppose the Phantoms. Of course, he could be taking orders from someone higher up and his real intentions are the same as Rinko's, but right now it doesn't seem that way. The only thing I don't like about Rinko right now is that she went from serious detective in episodes 1&2 to Haruto fangirl in episode 3. Even though the police isn't doing an official investigation into the Phantoms, it still would be nice if Rinko did an unofficial investigation on her own while providing information to Haruto at various points in the story. Again, still to early to tell what her role will be in the story, I just hope she ends up being a more proactive cast member than just a fangirl.

I think its compulsory to wear the ring~
Cause Koyomi is also wearing it all the time~ Her's should be given by the mage that gave Haruto the driver~

What will happen if their engage ring got destroyed?? XD
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

blazin wrote:
MarcosPMA wrote:I feel like Haruto saying that he'll be their final hope is more for the situation at hand (Gate is in despair/loses all hope, Haruto will be their final hope in a literal sense, without him they'll become a Phantom). As for Rinko and Shunpei still wearing the Engage rings, I think they're wearing them as a reminder of what happened and to know that even if they fall into despair, they still have Haruto as hope. I don't see "Long" being the second rider, for one it's too early to predict it, and two, based on his early actions, he seems more intent on covering things up rather than proactively oppose the Phantoms. Of course, he could be taking orders from someone higher up and his real intentions are the same as Rinko's, but right now it doesn't seem that way. The only thing I don't like about Rinko right now is that she went from serious detective in episodes 1&2 to Haruto fangirl in episode 3. Even though the police isn't doing an official investigation into the Phantoms, it still would be nice if Rinko did an unofficial investigation on her own while providing information to Haruto at various points in the story. Again, still to early to tell what her role will be in the story, I just hope she ends up being a more proactive cast member than just a fangirl.

I think its compulsory to wear the ring~
Cause Koyomi is also wearing it all the time~ Her's should be given by the mage that gave Haruto the driver~

What will happen if their engage ring got destroyed?? XD
It's quite possible that the ring has to be worn, but it could go either way. If other Gates Haruto ends up rescuing are seen later in the series still wearing their rings, it's probable that the rings have to be worn. At the same time, they could just end up wearing them for the same reasons Rinko and Shunpei do. It's all just speculation at this point.
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

My vote's on that they have to wear them because the producers think they can get more kids to buy the rings that way.
stalydan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Tendou (Kabuto)
Favorite Band: Versailles
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by stalydan »

Shunpei feels like he could get annoying really fast. I was hoping that after the phantom inside him was destroyed he would become a better character somehow but no... he still acts like a little kid (and dresses like one too).

Rinko seems to be becoming a more useful character as the episodes go on which is nice. It's been a bit since there was a useful police officer in a Kamen Rider series.

Poor Haruto. I've counted six doughnuts in the last two episodes and he hasn't ate a single one.

Koyomi better start cheering up though! Rinko and Shunpei are (unfortunately in the latter's case) there to stay!

Also, what was said just after Wizard used "Drago Rise"? I don't mean "Please", there's something clearly being said there but it's too distorted for me to make out along with WizarDragon roaring and screeching at the same time.

I also keep seeing stuff about a credits song but I have never seen credits ever on Kamen Rider.

Spoiler
Cait Sidhe looks fine. I got it immediately. Also Koyomi's dead?! Look, I wanted her to cheer up but not if it was going to kill her!

Edit: Water Style is fine looks wise and fighting but change jingle for it is by far my least favourite the driver and weapons have made yet. I don't mind the GunSword finale jingle but the change one is really weird. Feels like it should be in a surfing show, not Kamen Rider.

And Kick Strike with WizarDragon. Didn't see that coming at all so it was a nice surprise. Good to see the rings don't have just one use as the same goes for Defend.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I liked this episode and thought the plot was done very well. Got us thinking that Shunpei could do magic but it was all a trick. Great setup to have Haruto take him in as a Mage apprentice. There's a lot of cast members already setup here too. And I thought Fourze had a lot to pay attention to last year. This series is on it like that as well.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

*watches the Inner world finisher... Taps Wizard on the shoulder* Hey, buddy, don't think that's what they mean by 'A Dragon Kick'... Though hey, whatever works for ya.

Still if he keeps on engaging with people at this rate he'll have a harem before we're even half way through the series.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Atleast Wizard waits until he's engaged with the person before going inside them. *Badumtisk*

I don't know, the first episode was awesome but the last two episodes were a little bland. However that is how Go-Busters started out and they are now awesome. So hopefully Wizard gets there.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

This was an interesting episode. I have to say, that after the brawler-style of Fourze, the multiple-unorthodox styles of OOO, and the idea of fist-rod-gun of W, the kick-happy style of Wizard is refreshing.

Also, this Phantom's design is very nice. reminds of something, but I can't put my finger on it at the moment, but still a cool looking design.

I really can't wait for more of this series.

The CG battle was quite well when you put into context that it was inside someone's mind: imaginations in a mind-scape can alter looks. Put it as that, and the CG concept in there will work just fine, after all, with as goofy as Shunpei is appearing, a turtle-thing was not what I was expecting, but still worked out.

Opening Theme is good too.
HereticMIND
Infinity
Favorite series: DABURU
2nd Favorite Series: WIZAADO
Dreamy: Medusa-sama~~
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "One word and I hit you again."

Post by HereticMIND »

Dat Water form. YES. ALL OF MY YES.

Also, knew the daytime talk show host was a Phantom straight up.

Still think that Hellhound's suit design has too many teeth and not enough face. I dunno. I like my monsters to have something RESEMBLING a face.

But dat Water finisher. AND DAT GIANT STOMP.

THAT, Toei, is how you one-up yourselves after a rather great pilot AND a good followup episode!

Now, if you'd excuse me, I'll be in this little dark corner of mine...thinking vigorously about Medusa's civvie form in that number of hers...oh, yes...

Spoiler
Poor Haruto...people all up in his masturbation doughnut time...
<BrotherFenrir> Omigod all of a sudden I wanna watch gLee.
<BrotherFenrir> The sad thing is that I already have the pilot episode and another first season episode on iTunes...
<BrotherFenrir> I am a pitiful, pitiful man.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”