1%
Hispanic
4%

Total votes: 74
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: KR Wizard 04 released

Post by ReversedSentai »

Woah, that guy was the seiyuu for the Master of Ceremonies for Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's! :shock:
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

HyperDrake wrote:
Go-On Macaroni wrote:Also about Sidhe being a black guy, it never really bugged me. Maybe because I would've laughed the same even if a white, Indian or, humanoid pig monster guy had done the role. :lol:
Some people here had seen too much Japanese media coverage on lazy black guys. That's their problem.
Um, I was mostly just poking fun at myself there; that's all.
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

Actually, with Wizard unable to use his techniques without mana, it reminds me of the fact that most KR cards such as those from Blade and Ryuki have points on them. It should have been the cost of the card, but I guess it would be too much of a trouble if they have to make sure the riders get enough points to use this and that card...

Oh, Biorider! In fact, Liquid seems to be a more powerful ability. And then a Hell Manji, an arm lock and Romero Special. I always thought Haruto to be Kouga with more human expression, but I didn't know he knew wrestling moves too.

That said, I have to agree with Cait Sidhe. I assume there is no other phantoms (Note: MotWs) to tackle the job at the moment? The last two seemed to be around for quite some time to boot, perhaps even during Haruto's ritual.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

HereticMIND wrote:
Spoiler
Someone at Toei plays waaaaAAAAaaaay too much D&D and/or Call of Cthulu.
That explains why i enjoyed this episode so much after my weekly campaign xD.

About the black guy...well, its not that he is a lazy black guy......he is a lazy mutant cat monster PRETENDING to be a lazy black guy. and he is so goddamn entertaining at that xD. Besides, you want racism? go watch bayformers xD.

On a completely unrelated topic, the manga Billy Bat deals with racism(sort of, the story is placed in the cold war, so you can guess how things are). And i specially like the end of an arc about a racist town.

So, will they pull a Phillip(revived before the end of the finale) or an ankh(dead and still dead after the end of the series) with koyomi?

So, we have a "Fallen genius" arc......you know, for some reason, i tought about otoya from kiva appearing and inspiring this kid to play the piano. Of course, he plays a different instrument, but his is the kind of things he would be able to do.........im referencing a lot of different series today, am i?

Also, im latin american.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Koyomi is a doll? more like a Homunculus. No wonder that Yajima prepares just 2 meals of breakfast since a dead person doesn't eat. except brains.

A different path for a black guy in a toku series. Good job for the dude. And Phoenix's role seems like declining into a villain's joker.

What is wrong with Shunpei? I get it that they want a comedic rrelief in the show, but don't of sort portray him like an idiot too much. That vase is basically behind a wall. Only a dog can hit a vase behind a wall.

In Faiz, the ERROR is caused by the lack of Orphenoch's DNA, while here it's caused by the lack of magical energy. nice references.

Finally Medusa does something except giving the job to other Phantoms.

A good episode for me. Except Shunpei. Dunno why, I really hate that guy.
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

Black Villain ftw. I'm so jealous he can speak Japanese and Korean. Good episode! I agree with most of the comments.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

Lunagel wrote:Incorrect! He was born in Germany. African-European.
Omedetou for your rigorous and fruitful research.
locuas wrote:Also, im latin american.
I see. And I am the most superior human being. Nice to know you.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

HyperDrake wrote: I see. And I am the most superior human being. Nice to know you.
You are also latin american? nice to meet you(xD)
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Something I just noticed. The way the Driver pronounces 'liquid' sounded like "lick it" to me. So of course hearing "Lick it...PLEASE!" was kinda funny to me.
Secret Identity
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Super Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Secret Identity »

What's up with this episode's Gate? Not only did he say "Not my problem" when it clearly was, but he was going to allow the Phantom to cut off his hands! What was the point of that? To get Cat Sidhe to not enjoy it as much?
Currently Watching:
Ninninger, Drive, Ghost
FaeQueenCory
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider ΑgitΩ
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Favorite Band: Kiryu
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: H0mestuck
Quote: FAA: i think
FAA: it was m0re likely just an0ther inevitability
FAA: a pr0duct 0f c0llusi0n between the disparate f0rces at play
FAA: a bargain struck between what skaia kn0ws already and what the g0ds demand up fr0nt
FAA: t0gether they 0rchestrate trials sufficient t0 ensure
FAA: that in 0verc0ming them we w0uld be pr0ven w0rthy
FAA: 0f inheriting the ultimate reward

Post by FaeQueenCory »

Secret Identity wrote:What's up with this episode's Gate? Not only did he say "Not my problem" when it clearly was, but he was going to allow the Phantom to cut off his hands! What was the point of that? To get Cat Sidhe to not enjoy it as much?
Because if he can't play the piano, he no longer feels the pressure of needing to, and wouldn't feel ashamed for not winning more trophies.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Not sure if that's spoiling or just a guess. You might wanna hide your response in spoiler tags just to be safe.
Lunagel wrote:
Incorrect! He was born in Germany. African-European.
Lunagel wrote:Quite. Heavyweight kickboxer, light heavyweight MMA, taekwondo and he's a comedian to boot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Ackah
Man, I gotta pardon myself for calling him African American then. I have more respect for the guy just from what I read on the link, and on this here thread.
stalydan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Tendou (Kabuto)
Favorite Band: Versailles
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by stalydan »

Kuchiri wrote:Am I the only one that noticed they threw Sidhe in more monster scenes than acting scenes. The way I see it, the actor probably didn't know that much Japanese so the few scenes where he is in human form he was given small easy to say stuff so he didn't suck up footage trying to say his lines. Then spent most the time in monster form where he voice acted the more complex phrases.
Not true. It's fluent in Japanese and many other languages. My guess is they did that just because he's more interested in getting the job done quickly so why would he hang around in human form?

Episode itself... I liked. Not as much as the first three but still pretty good. We've learnt some stuff about the characters and their flaws. That's about it really.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

ReversedSentai wrote:Woah, that guy was the seiyuu for the Master of Ceremonies for Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's! :shock:
Okay, I have mad respect for this guy. It's going to suck if he's just a villian of the fortnight. He has such character and talent already.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

HyperDrake wrote:Which westerner? Which African American? The Caith Sidhe dude? How did you know that the guy is a westerner/African American and not a Cameroonian or other African country? Perhaps he was even born in Japan.
When the hell did I wrote he was african american? And you might not know, but subsaharan Africa (with a few exceptions, like Sudan) is considered part of the western world.

Also, yeah, he could've been eastern, but if I had to bet, I would bet western. It happens I was right.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”