Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Re: KR Wizard 05 released

Post by Lunchboxx »

I'm really in the minority that I don't think Shunpei is as annoying as people think he is. So he falls and make overreactions, but I don't think it's that bad.
Yeah I'm in the same boat as you. I dont find Shunpei to be annoying at all. Every show has to have the plucky/goofy side kick. It's pratically a tv trope. Though I dont know enough about tv tropes, so myabe I'm already correct.

Besides, Shunpei adds some humor to a relatively darker season.

Random Episode Thoughts:

Rinko, Koyomi and Medusa are still hot as hell. Period.

The Copy Ring is prety damn cool if I must say so myself. When I saw still pics of this episode back monday, I kinda figured the ring was gonna be Copy. Though my sister said it was probably clone, twin or multiply.

I kinda felt bad for Cat Sidhe, the poor bloke was pratically bullied into making him do what they wanted.

I just noticed, has Shunpei ALWAYS had those spotted socks? They look goofy. Though that's probably the IN thing in japan right now.

The flashback at the beach with Haruto and Koyomi was a pretty good scene.

The fight scene with the ghuls while the piano music is playing was pretty neat I think.

Next Episode Preview:
Spoiler
That girl looks familiar.... I swear I've seen her before.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Lunchboxx wrote:Next Episode Preview:
Spoiler
Spoiler
She played Airi in Den-O.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
Lunchboxx wrote:Next Episode Preview:
Spoiler
Spoiler
She played Airi in Den-O.
Spoiler
Ah, never saw Den-O. Guess she looked like somebody else I was thinking of.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

I know the kaijin is lazy and all. But just leaving after Haruto was totally defenseless was VERY lame.

So sense of taste and human forms? Just like the Greeed.

Koyomi is what's left of a former Gate. She's kinda similar to Ankh. Kinda.

Koyomi was super cute. Glad to see Rinko keeps being an active character. Shunpei is just...

Takaiwa is doing an awesome job with Wizard's stunts.

Moving overseas is enough to disappear from the enemies radars?

next ep
Spoiler
Airi!
HereticMIND
Infinity
Favorite series: DABURU
2nd Favorite Series: WIZAADO
Dreamy: Medusa-sama~~
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "One word and I hit you again."

Post by HereticMIND »

Catastrophe wrote:Battle music starts playing.

Is Rider Chips.

How much I missed you my old friends.

Now I'm wondering why the other two songs were shitty Rider Girls and not superior Rider Chips.

Give me the sweeping orchestral pieces from episodes one and two any day, man. That shit was awesome.

I CARE NOT FOR YOUR SHITTY CHIPS OR GIRLS. GIVE ME RIDER BRASS, STRINGS, WINDS, THE WORKS!
<BrotherFenrir> Omigod all of a sudden I wanna watch gLee.
<BrotherFenrir> The sad thing is that I already have the pilot episode and another first season episode on iTunes...
<BrotherFenrir> I am a pitiful, pitiful man.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Your name is true to your being.

Heretic :p.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

m4rc0 wrote:I know the kaijin is lazy and all. But just leaving after Haruto was totally defenseless was VERY lame.
Indeed. I'm struggling to think of a more blatant example of that trope right now; KR is usually a bit flimsy in this respect (there are only so many good excuses), but rarely is it that bad. But other than that, it was an enjoyable episode.

And is it me or are they pushing Movie Wars earlier and earlier? Wizard is only 5 episodes in and is going to be up to episode 15 or so before the movie even premieres.
qedins
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Favorite Actor?: Riisa Naka
Favorite Band: L'arc en Ciel
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: "Where's our eccentric?"
"I'm right here!"
"No. I mean sempai."
"Oh."

Post by qedins »

Oh look the henshin jingle just ruin Rachmaninoff music, I totally didn't see that coming...not :evil:
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Great usage on the Copy Ring, though I doubt we can get it again since the CGI cost will undoubtedly be high. on other side, Haruto probably doesn't use it much since it can divide his magical energy too much (I think this can be explained if you read Naruto on the Kage Bunshin no Jutsu's explaination). Not to mention he had to use the Copy Ring continuosly to create a lot of duplicate.

What kind of people that can trip themselves when there's NOTHING in front of them? That road is as clean as a road should be.

Wow, a scene at the beach with the hero during episode 5 already? We usually get that scene in the last 5 episodes in previous series. Good call, director.

Spoiler
Wakana returns? nice to see her again. wonder if they can get Yuriko Shiratori back too?
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu

Post by Zazelle »

God, Shunpei is annoying! And how the hell can you trip over nothing? otherwise it was a good episode.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander

Post by Lunchboxx »

Zazelle wrote:God, Shunpei is annoying! And how the hell can you trip over nothing? otherwise it was a good episode.
Hey I use to trip over nothing when I was little. I still do sometimes. Some people are just like that.
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Arawynn »

I dont think Shunpei is as obnoxious as Gai was. Atleast Shunpei doesnt do weird faces and weird actions like Gai did. He is relatively normal except for the clothing. Though he seems somewhat of a coward..maybe its just reflex. But I'm sure we will see him grow up during the course of the show.
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
eigorisu
Number 6
Number 6
Favorite series: W
My boom: Transformers

Post by eigorisu »

So that was good. not great, but good. I enjoyed the classical music during the fight, shame they cut it out. I quite liked cat sidhe running away; yes it was only for the convenience of the writers, but it was interesting at least to have a 'bad guy' who's actually not that bothered about fighting or being all that evil. he was only ever doing what he was told for the sake of having an easy life. it actually gave him a modicum of depth for a motw.

the fight itself was ok, and at least it got them away from 'that' stadium. i did lol a bit at the fall off the building into the convenient crashmat below though. in general though i'm enjoying the stuntwork, and wizards fighting style. i enjoy his swordfighting, too.

shunpei... is annoying, but only as much as any manchild would be. nothing in the show actually revolves around him, he's just sort of... there. he's easily ignorable.

my annoyance this week comes mostly from the bad guys who've done nothing so far, or reveal any motivations other than serving wiseman. he needs to come out soon, or they're going to get pretty old pretty quickly. also the mysterious growth of the wizsworgun. when the blade pops out its tiny, then in the next shot the sword is full sized. yeah, i know, its magic, it just irks me.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Dunno why Gai got the hate, for me Gai is basically eccentric, but at least he's being the right type of joke for Gokaiger (not a dumb one, mind you)

Maybe it's due to both being portrayed in a different type of series. Gai's in Gokaiger, which is basically a humour show with all cast already a One-Piece-type character. While Shunpei is cast in Wizard, a series which has more of a serious theme. Being silly while everyone else is being serious makes you really out of context there. If they cast Shunpei as someone with a better sense of humor, maybe the hate on him will reduce. probably.

For now, I still don't like him much. maybe I can like him when the series progress, but it will take a lot of effort to make that happen. at the very least, until he manages not to trip himself over nothing while making that dog-like face.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Yeah, Gai made sense because he was a fanboy about Sentai in a show that was generally a love-letter to Sentai itself. Shunpei, while endearing at first, is kinda stuck in "Here Haruto, you're gonna stop choking because lol, dish rag!" and, it's lost any well, endearment it may have had.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind comedy but... JK was funny, Omura was funny, Kaidou was funny, Shunpei so far isn't.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”