Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Wizard 08 released

Post by takenoko »

Just noticed this. Do you guys think there's a reason why Phoenix has a band on his right arm while Medusa has one on her left?

The fight in this week's episode is pretty good.

Oh, a Kamen Rider falls in the water. Again.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: KR Wizard 08 released

Post by ReversedSentai »

I liked the parallelism that occurred when Rinko was handcuffed and went "But why?" the same way Haruto did in episode 1.

Really glad to see Haruto's story with his parents.

The battle between Haruto and Phoenix was pretty cool. Tons of form changes and special moves.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I find it funny that the White Garuda not only opens doors but actually closes it on its way out. It's such a nice familiar.

Shunpei and the kid definitely one and the same. Clothes and mannerisms are nearly identical except for the kid didn't have Shunpei's weird ass stockings/tights or whatever the hell the thing that his legs were wearing.

I didn't expect to learn how Haruto's parents died unlike a certain main KR.

Man Wiseman lives in some cave not in a mansion. That's not what I was expecting. It seems those bracelets don't remain when Phoenix and Medusa shift to Phantom form. I really like the battle against Phoenix as well. I don't think there's usually explosions when KRs fall into water. Oh no that's the death flag.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, I liked the white Garude going through the door as well. Going through windows is totally how 99% of the other people would have done it, so it's good to see something different.
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

I'm really liking the fight scenes in this series. More specifically, the cinematography in the fight scenes. I really like the angle where Wizard jumped up and bounced off the wall.

Haven't the back guys learnt that when a Rider falls into a river, he comes back stronger/more determined than ever?
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I wasn't expecting a boss fight this early in the series.

Obviously the way to get through this guy's flames is... STRONGER FLAMES.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Spam casting wall in vain. Oh crap.

Good thing Inoue isn't writing this episode. Haruto would definitely be dead otherwise.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Great episode, I'm surprised you guys got it up so early. BUT I wont look a gift horse in the mouth.

I'll post my thoughts on this one later.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

THAT'S how you kill parents, fourze.
Anyway. I really liked this episode. I actually felt emotionally invested in Haruto's flashback, unlike certain manga that should not be mentioned......but then again, since adventure time's episode "I remember you" i have felt a bit sad. So maybe it was because of that.

So...when the phantom tricked shunpei and told him that he was live national tv, was that just bullshit? or maybe NO ONE watch that show except for the police and some random one-note characters? fine, whatever.

i have to say, Phoenix did NOT appear in human form in front of haruto, so my theory of Haruto knowing him is still alive.

So now we know why Haruto say hope so much...
Haruto ate donuts when he was a kid too...man, it must suck that your favorite food reminds you of your parents death...

Spoiler
Power-up? so soon?
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

This was a much better episode than the last few weeks.

The whole armband thing. Even though I'm sure they're unrelated. The scene where Haruto is holding hands with his parents. Same arms the bands are on with Medusa and Phoenix. Medusa - Left Arm, Haruto held his Mom's left hand. Phoenix's right, dad's right. Nice parallel.

Fight was awesome.

Spoiler
I'm thinking Dragon is more of a kuuga rising form instead of an ultimate. What's even more strange I had a weird Kuuga flashback when they showed the wizard symbol on top of the driver... it look extremely kuuga.
Quetzalcoatl
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Kumbia Kings
My boom: Lowriders
Quote: "Chicanos killing Chicanos is what they want! Blacks and Chicanos killing each other is what they want! That's how they run this place. Once we get together they don't run shit!"

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Up to Episode 8 and I still find Shunpei very annoying. Maybe its their way to appeal children I guess lol.

Hahaha Shunpei and the Kid almost match and now all of a sudden, I like this kid lol XD. That was an Awesome Kick.

Hey maybe that the reason why I hate Shunpei, he meddles in a lot.

Im glad we get to see to what happen to Haruto parents in the past. Better then Fourze did.

Up to this point, most of the battle somehow started to lack. Yet it was refreshing to see him actually struggle and see how he up when he's all frantic and desperate. It was interesting to see Haruto, who usually seems cool during battle, look afraid.

Im more interesting to see that wise is physically around, can't wait to see what up in store next.
Actar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hanasaki Tsubomi
My boom: Stuff
Quote: Love what do do, do what you love.

Post by Actar »

Quetzalcoatl wrote:Hey maybe that the reason why I hate Shunpei, he meddles in a lot.
I don't know... I don't find Shunpei annoying at all. He might be goofy and a klutz, but he has never gotten in the way of Haruto and can actually get his act together when things get serious (like how he called Haruto when Koyomi 'died' in episode 5 and in this episode when he took care of the kid and callled for an ambulance.)

So yeah, unless his goofiness gets in the way of Haruto, I'm perfectly fine with him.
Video Reviewer of Anime Figures, Mecha and Merchandise. ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
- Channel - Blog
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

AWESOME EPISODE WAS AWESOME. Lol at Haruto spam casting Defend.

Shunpei was actually useful this episode. He still bugs me though. It feels like he's just tagging along rather than actually having a proactive role in the group.

So was it just me or did anybody else think Shunpei and that kid were brothers?
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Damn, Phoenix killed Haruto's not-getting-my-ass-kicked streak.
We finally learned about Haruto's background. Now I see why he wants to be everyone's Final Hope.
And about like 6 minutes into it, did anyone catch that face Rinko gave Shunpei? It was like "Get the f**k outta here." Kinda funny to me.
FaeQueenCory
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider ΑgitΩ
Favorite Band: Kiryu
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: H0mestuck
Quote: FAA: i think
FAA: it was m0re likely just an0ther inevitability
FAA: a pr0duct 0f c0llusi0n between the disparate f0rces at play
FAA: a bargain struck between what skaia kn0ws already and what the g0ds demand up fr0nt
FAA: t0gether they 0rchestrate trials sufficient t0 ensure
FAA: that in 0verc0ming them we w0uld be pr0ven w0rthy
FAA: 0f inheriting the ultimate reward

Post by FaeQueenCory »

This was a for the par episode... and I have to admit I am enjoying Wizard... but I suspect that it won't be one that is a favorite of mine.
But that preview....
Spoiler
They're already breaking out an upgrade form?? In episode 9??? That seems a bit early! And I wonder if the drgaon-pimped-out form will be similar to Kuuga's rising forms, in that he'll have one for each color/element... I also wonder if he'll get as his "mid-season upgrade" a fifth ring (purple/black for Void, to keep with the classical Japanese elements) and then his ultimate/final form be a white combination of the 5.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”