Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Re: KR Wizard 08 released

Post by toni2212 »

So, after all that tantrum, Phoenix got a chance to show his worth.....unlike a character that tags along with Haruto but still doesn't have much impact...

Rinko's face when she got arrested is the mirror of Haruto's in 1st episode. so funny. guess she acts as a back up for Haruto now huh?

Spoiler
episode 9 and we already got an upgrade? isn't it too early? even Fourze got Magnet State after Meteor's debut. OOO got Tajador Combo after Birth's debut too.
Actar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hanasaki Tsubomi
My boom: Stuff
Quote: Love what do do, do what you love.

Post by Actar »

toni2212 wrote:
Spoiler
episode 9 and we already got an upgrade? isn't it too early? even Fourze got Magnet State after Meteor's debut. OOO got Tajador Combo after Birth's debut too.
Fourze/OOO spoiler:

Spoiler
Those are mid-season upgrades. Both OOOs (Gatakiriba Combo) and Fourze (Elek States) had their first upgrades in Episode 06. So, comparatively, Wizard is late.
Video Reviewer of Anime Figures, Mecha and Merchandise. ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
- Channel - Blog
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Kuchiri wrote:You know it crossed my mind. Phoenix might actually get killed in the next episode however he is going to be like Odin and that weird dude at the end of Kabuto and keep on coming back. Makes sense. Phoenix is a bird that comes back to life and stuff.
Shit. Why did I not think of that? The guy is a freaking phoenix.
stalydan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Tendou (Kabuto)
Favorite Band: Versailles
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by stalydan »

Pretty good episode.

Good points were:

- Rinko getting arrested. It was one of my favourite scenes in the first episode being played out again. Though it's nice to see that Koyomi is warming up to Rinko based on her reaction.

- Shunpei getting kicked in the balls :twisted: I really can't stand anything about him. He's always falling over, he doesn't really do anything for the group and he dresses like a kid, something which is made even more obvious by this episode.

- Phoenix's curb stomp fight. I do hope to see the Phantoms actually make some Gates turn into them soon. I know I'm supposed to be rooting for Haruto but if he wins every battle, it'd feel a bit boring when you know he's going to win every time.

- Haruto's back story was pretty fun to see expanded on. I'm just hoping now to see more stuff about the Phantoms, Wiseman and White Wizard soon.

- White Garuda was pretty cool. Hopefully we'll see some more familiars soon enough like how Birth brought more Candroids to the series in OOO.

Bad points were:

- Shunpei in general. Eight episodes and I still don't like him but I've already covered why.

- Pumpkin Love Doughnut. It just sounds... really gross.

Predictions for next episode:

Spoiler
That new form is probably my favourite in terms of looks yet and dual wielding swords?! Awesome!

Further series spoilery stuff with bits of OOO and Fourze:

Spoiler
I'm really excited to see the upgrades to the main four forms and what they'll do to the powers and fighting style of each one. I wonder how many we'll get to see before the second rider appears. Speaking off which, the speculation about the next rider sounds interesting but I won't go into any more of that on here. My hope though is that they'll be more like Date from OOO with the way they act. I can't be doing with another moody, brooding "YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND ME!" type secondary rider. Double played it well in my opinion but Fourze really didn't from the episodes I saw with Meteor.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Actar wrote: Fourze/OOO spoiler:

Spoiler
Those are mid-season upgrades. Both OOOs (Gatakiriba Combo) and Fourze (Elek States) had their first upgrades in Episode 06. So, comparatively, Wizard is late.
Ooops, totally forgot that one.
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

I liked this episode, at first it seemed like the usual "tag-along-kid" story but then the mother got beaten and things got serious.

I am digging where the story seems to be going with Haruto, the use of the word "Hope" is a bit blunt but i hope we get a real follow up with his story, i think that finding out what exactly drove him to despair and almost becoming a phantom will be a plot point, especially because that scene where he overcomes despair feels bland without any real context.

Shunpei continues to do nothing relevant, i don´t hate him but he doesn´t seem to be doing anything important.

Preview

Spoiler
I am excited for the upcoming upgrade, after 3 years it finally feels like they are mixing up the formula, now i am really interested in how they will handle the forms this season.
Last edited by Phoenix512 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added spoiler tags for preview
hafizipauzi
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey
Quote: I'll never take back my word

Post by hafizipauzi »

after watching The Matrix Reloaded and Revolution.... I can't stop thinking to relate Neo to Wizard..... the outfit..... damn.....
Dragg
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Gym!

Post by Dragg »

Damn, great episode.
Every arc so far has given good back story for the main characters.

I'm not disappointed that they're already revealing upgrades though, that just means that there's a huge possibility they already have a lot of plans in the future episodes.

And I noticed something in this episode with Medusa's scene right before the opening because it gives a clear shot of her face...
Spoilerish I guess.

Spoiler
She's the girl crying in one of the flashed scenes before Wizard transforms in the opening. This became obvious because of the mole on her nose.

Could she be Koyomi's Phantom? Or maybe she has a strong connection to Haruto's past.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Whether they're connected or not. I assume she and Phoenix were created at the same time Haruto gained his powers.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Not much to add in about this episode from what everyone has already said. I did enjoy the battle with Haruto and Phoenix. The action choreography has been pretty cool in this show lately. Not much wire use compared to Koichi Sakamoto's Fourze.
HereticMIND
Infinity
Favorite series: DABURU
2nd Favorite Series: WIZAADO
Dreamy: Medusa-sama~~
Quote: "One word and I hit you again."

Post by HereticMIND »

Red Oni half of the Big Bad Duo
Spoiler
damn-near
killing civilians? Dead parents? Epic fighting?

Just another Tuesday in Japan~~~!

Seriously, though, dat Flame Dragon Style. Gives me lots of good feelings
Spoiler
in my pants

Spoiler
Medusa-sama, you so sexy in that outfit of yours while you're in your civilian mode... :3
<BrotherFenrir> Omigod all of a sudden I wanna watch gLee.
<BrotherFenrir> The sad thing is that I already have the pilot episode and another first season episode on iTunes...
<BrotherFenrir> I am a pitiful, pitiful man.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”