Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Wizard 31 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Wizard_31

The episode was kind of predictable, but I enjoyed it in its own way. Haruto does some soul searching. If you look, he's actually starting to cry when he's hugging Koyomi. It's a nice human moment for Haruto, who's struggling to find out who he is when an important aspect of himself is taken away.

Interesting that white mage doesn't like Haruto reaching Infinity. What does that mean?

And what's going on? Wiseman has taken on Gremlin as his number two guy?

So Infinity Style is a pretty cool final form. A lot of Rider final forms are really disappointing to me, but this one seems really cool somehow. The color is nice, and it's shiny, and it genuinely looks strong.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Wizard 31 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

It was interesting that a random question from Shunpei in episode 29 about Haruto's dream comes in full circle when Haruto loses the ability to do his dream. We still don't know his true dream that doesn't involve Phantoms but realizes that his heart makes him not the magic. I would bet that Dragon able to come back is the reason why the White Mage is worried.

Medusa should be worried about Gremlin being the new number one after he released Legion. Sora's line about he's like Wiseman because he's not Gremlin but Sora makes me think that Wiseman kept his original human name.

I didn't like the initial CG Shine of Infinity Style but it doesn't look like a mish mash of past final forms. AxCalibur reminds me of the Scythe from Buffy. Can it control the destiny of all the Slayers in the world of Wizard as well? I just realized that Infinity's song takes a part of all the previous forms.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

This is probably one of my favorite episodes so far. I especially love the scene where Haruto embraces Koyomi; the music playing was also really appropriate.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I’m a bit mixed about this episode. The plot behind Infinity’s debut was coherent enough, but fairly mellow given the storylines accompanying the debut of the final upgrade form in the past few years. I think a significant portion of the problem I have is that Koyomi was so pivotal to Haruto gathering the resolve to rekindle his magic. In general, Koyomi has been the weakest character in the cast to me. Frankly, I think we’ve seen more of the Doughnut Crew and learned more about what makes them tick than we have of Koyomi. While it’s true that she and Haruto have an important relationship (what with the way he keeps her “alive”), the last time that was a major plot point was about 25 episodes ago - when we first saw the flashback of the two of them at the beach.

So, what happened to all the people that Legion attacked? Still in comas? Recovered? Dead? You’d think we’d get at least a throw-away line about it.

Nitou was insulted a lot the past two episodes for being blunt and rough around the edges (and rightfully so), but I found his apology and promise to Haruto on the bridge to be very touching. You can’t deny his heart is in the right place.

Infinity’s head is oddly flat, but I like the shiny. Kirakira sekai.

Nice to get confirmation that there’s a reason why Gremlin/Sora insists on calling the Phantoms by their human names. The explanation for why he and Wiseman are different should be interesting as it’s revealed, and might also shed some light on why White Wizard was less than pleased that Haruto not only powered up again, but seems to have embraced Dragon instead of letting it fade away.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, those are real valid points about Koyomi. I hate to say it, but it does feel like the power-up isn't really as earned, since it essentially breaks down to "Haruto, believe in yourself!"
"OK! <Power Up>"

Again, it's hard to represent something when the conflict is internal to Haruto and based on a relationship that we haven't really seen built up.

White mage's comment might just be more misdirection though. Maybe Infinity is bad for Haruto's health, and he's saying that out of concern. I'm glad the writer's are playing up the background story characters though. White mage may seem sinister, but so far, all we've seen are seemingly benevolent actions from him. Although, what does he really want from Mayu and creating other mages?

And Wiseman is the "bad guy", but he's given stones to Haruto and now we learn that he and Sora might be human still. So what are we to believe?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Koyomi will probably be more in focus in the endgame. Also I came up another reason why the White Mage may didn't like Haruto getting Infinity. If you look at how Haruto got his previous upgrades, it started with the White Mage. I think he wants to direct Haruto's growth not Haruto doing his growth on his own. He's probably a bit annoyed that Haruto obtained this power without any direction from the White Mage himself.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Makes that part in the OP about taking a tear and making it into a jewel a thing.

I really like the design of Infinity Style. While I've liked the final forms of the past few riders, they've had to grow on me. This I've like from the outset.
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

I think Koyomi being key to Haruto obtaining Infinity is fine. Sure, the relationship isn't as deep as you'd like it to be, but its okay. I think before he realizes Koyomi will die, he's a bit lost about what to do and what will happen if he doesn't get his magic back. Obviously, he knows he won't be able to fight the Phantoms, but it doesn't click that people will die because of that. Knowing that Koyomi will die not just hits him personally (because he obviously cares for her), but makes him realize that he can't give up on her, because if he does, he won't be able to save anybody else.

As for the White Mage, maybe he sees Haruto as a potential rival? Possibly feels that Haruto is obtaining more power than he thought he would?

Also.....SHINY!!! :D
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
Quetzalcoatl
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Kumbia Kings
My boom: Lowriders
Quote: "Chicanos killing Chicanos is what they want! Blacks and Chicanos killing each other is what they want! That's how they run this place. Once we get together they don't run shit!"

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

This episode kinda like blew my mind. I like this new Diamond form Haruto have achieve. Will this be like his main choice now? Right in the beginning?

The scene with Haruto and Koyomi just touch me right here. *pound chest*
That scene there my mind was like, just end it there end it there, that a perfect way to end a series just end it, I don’t care about the phantom and the rest just let it end there. lol
Koyomi + Haruto. FREAKING FAN SERVICE. I LOVE YOU TOEI!!!
I’m not gonna lie. I’d rather see HarutoxKoyomi than anything else. And I’ve seen HarutoXFreakyDonutSeller fics!!!! *shudder*

That Henshin was like overwhelming mind blowing to me, shouting out infinite word over and over. Its like you know you are about to get screwed. The more interesting scene is the White Wizard, what does he mean by that? Does he have a bigger plan in this? I do not know, but I do know this, it just got way more interesting.

At first when he summon his weapon, I though it was a some sort a electric guitar, he going to rock his enemy to death lol XD.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I don't mean to come off as criticizing it very harshly. I just would have liked it if it had been built up a bit better. The way it was handled was fine in this episode, and I do genuinely like the moment between Haruto and Koyomi here.
Minji
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Whenever you see a dangerous man walking slowly towards you with a loud and looming god choir chanting in the background... just fucking run."
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Minji »

The heart stuff could not have been lamer but at least there were a lot of sparkles. Infinity will take a while to get used to but I'm sure the shameless kirakira diamond will win me over.

Shunpei and Rinko wanted to do something now that Haruto had lost his magic but lol no Haruto just gets his magic back. Don't get me wrong, I liked the episode and I did want Haruto to get his final form and all. It would be fun, though, to see more of Rinko (she has been useful on several occasions, that's exactly why I want her to continue to do her thang, I like her) and maybe to see Shunpei do something. I've given up on Shunpei to be honest, he's just an annoying not-that-funny comic relief.

Since Koyomi doesn't have a personality and doesn't get a lot of screentime (when she does she's either pouting or whinily shouting Haruto's name), I find it impossible to care about her. And that makes it hard to feel for Haruto, who to me cares about Koyomi because they started this new life together and because keeping her alive gives his life a meaning besides saving the world and stuff. I'd wish for Koyomi to disappear already if they weren't obviously meaning to make her super important for the future. Then again, my problem with this show is that there are a lot of mysteries but I can't bring myself to really care about any of them.

To end on a positive note, I still love Nitou and the little kids were cute. Nitou wondering if he could make mayonnaise float made me laugh, though I prefer it when they show his more serious side like with his apology and his vow to Haruto.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

takenoko wrote: Interesting that white mage doesn't like Haruto reaching Infinity. What does that mean?
I guess it's because it is something that should not be possible. i mean, by all logic, Dragon should be dead, and Haruto should be unable to fight anymore. and yet...
I see White Mage as a Shroud kind of character. He is a chessmaster, manipulating the events in his favor(which may or may not be for a good reason), But he was unable to predict Haruto getting this power-up. Haruto is like shotaro, in that he is the "joker" in this Mage Vs. Phantoms war. which he finds problematic because that make it harder for him to predict what will hapen.

I have to be honest, i really think the "haruto loses his magic" could have been kept for another episode. even if they did not necessarily defeat legion in this episode, they could made it so Haruto spend an entire episode unable to do anything. have more interactions with the members of the cast. have Haruto go trough the 5 stages of grief: denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and finally, Have the scene with koyomi so he comes to the last stage, Acceptance, to make the conflict feel more real. especially, because, depending of who you ask, entering acceptance means you may get a little thing Haruto knows well: "Hope".
or maybe they did that, but toei did not want to have an entire episode without wizard(altough i still think they could have written around that). Maybe we get it in a DC?
Anyway, i feel like there is love between Haruto and Koyomi, and you know what does mean, right? that's right! Koyomis will be dead by the end of the series! :)

Infinity looks cool, and i really liked the henshin. i tought it said infinity a few too many times, but hey, it is the first henshin of Haruto's final form, they should make it as glorious as they could.

So, we never saw those people wake up from their commas, so i guess they didn't get cured.........HAPPY ENDING KIDS! :D

so, now Dragon is able to enter the real world as haruto's sword axe? cool.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

That Koyomi and Haruto moment was so fanservice. Wizard Infinity's finisher seems kind of ridiculous but I still like like the form. Overall, the episode was okay.

Preview:
Spoiler
Oh no, Kosuke's friend is coming to town. This isn't going to be another Kosuke focus arc is it?
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

first a funny moment that kinda made me feel stupid, when watching the preview for the next episode I didn't realize it ended for a moment and thought their was going to be shocker grunts in the next episode til I saw gingaman then I realized it was the preview for superhero taisen Z.

I'll admit that the plot was a little weak as far as giving haruto his final(probably) form but Sora becoming second in command made up for it as I doubt any of us thought that was going to happen and thought that he was going to cut Wiseman's chain and escape aand come back some time later as a separate phantom.

I'm kinda curious if now that haruto's got his infinity form does that mean if he tries using dragotime it'd make four clones of him instead of just three.

My prediction for why the White mage said that haruto's new form was a problem is that he's becoming stronger than he anticipated and might pose a threat to his plans.

Also didn't like listening to infinity repeat itself over and over again so hopefully that ends up like W's original EXTTTTTTTTTTRREEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMEEEEEE!(how ever I did actually like the original version better than the memory just saying extreme like any other memory.)

Finally I'm glad we're finally starting to see previews that mention that Super Sentai are also part of Taisen Z rather than just seeing Gavan vs Wizard in all the previews with a mention of sentai at the end.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

episode wrote:Infinity! Infinity! Infinity! Infinity! Infinity! Ad Infinitum