Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Super Hero Taisen Z released

Post by takenoko »

Hey, happy birthday, Barim! Yeah, sorry for the delays, there wasn't any real reason for it. Onore video games!
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Leonite Rider »

Logging in to comment on the movie? But of course.

Anyway, the movie. My biggest disappointment wasn't Haruto popping off halfway through. By that point I was thinking "SHT pretends to be about that year's Super Hero Time, when it really isn't." Case in point, our closest thing to main characters are Gai (A Gokaiger), Geki (A Metal Hero) and Youko (A Go-Buster)... and if you want to go into technicals, Nitou as he's probably the Kamen Rider with the most screen time, despite being gone for most of the first act. As someone who watches the Kamen Rider side almost exclusively... Gai was what kept me watching the movie.

While I liked the movie, I felt some major missed opportunities were in this movie. They were...

- Shadow Moon is in this movie and fully voiced. You have Kamen Riders and Sentai alike showing up as allies. If that is the case, why oh why don't you have Black RX show up to fight Shadow Moon? Especially as this is implied to be that Shadow Moon, not Tsukikage from the Decade movie

-Skydian and Groundian go through the whole movie and never end up encountering Fourze. Despite it seeming like this is post the movie. Would've been funny for them to spot one another and go "Oh not you again!"

-Wizard popping off for half the movie, while understandible, also makes no sense. What was he doing the whole time? Getting the Miracle and Super Sentai rings?
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, it's those little moments that define these kinds of moments. The examples you point out are wasted opportunities, for sure. Although I kind of understand the reasoning with the Kyoudains, since they were primarily antagonists (who already died) the last time they met Fourze. With no explanation for how they were brought back, it's probably just easier to say these were a different pair of Kyoudains.

I don't think we'll ever get a good explanation for Wizard's absence other than "He has a plan" AKA, we need to give the spotlight to other characters in the movie.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

This was better then the first one overall IMO. I also loved how Beet J Stag just randomly showed up when KyouryuGold came out of no where. But my favorite part had to be the partial time paradox when Kotoha showed up with her Gaven clone in the middle of the movie. I was really expecting one of them to go, "HEY, YOU LOOK JUST LIKE ME! HAVE WE MET BEFORE???" that would have been kinda funny. Also, after the credits, I was basically like, "OTHER ONE!?!?!? This is soooo starting to get old." Other then that, it was awesome. Oh and Psykoron WAS SO FUCKING ADORABLE!!!!!!!
Galada
Go Go!

Post by Galada »

It's definetly better than Super Hero Taisen, but... It's basically the same thing, with a weird story with just a handful of characters from different shows together then they face the crossover of villains and then they call up all heroes together for no reason. While the story part is slightly better, the super hero reunion comes from freaking nowhere, and isn't made as cool like the other movie. It's really underwhelming indeed. And besides Gavan, the metal heroes are underused as well. And Kikaider at the end means they'll do it another time, right? Sigh. Well, while isn't as bad as it's predecessor, this movie is still bad. Didn't enjoyed it pretty much.I didn't even liked the We're brothers remix. But while we're on it: where Wizard got those rings in the end? Where Gavan got those Metal Hero Keys (also, JIRAYA FUCK YEAH)? From where Gai and that Shinkenger girl came from? Agh, my head hurts.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

I guess I'll comment on the one thing no one else did.

How is it that Gavan had Metal Hero Keys and knew to give them to the Gokaiger? Also, was that Metalder at the end? Are they hinting to a Metalder movie next time?
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

This okay I guess. I think the hype of the massive clusterfuck crossover has worn off and it really doesn't do anything for me because they focus on the most recent characters, and my favourite ones don't get to do anything.
Galada
Go Go!

Post by Galada »

Kamen_Rider_Shiki wrote:I guess I'll comment on the one thing no one else did.

How is it that Gavan had Metal Hero Keys and knew to give them to the Gokaiger? Also, was that Metalder at the end? Are they hinting to a Metalder movie next time?
I commented on that on my post just right before yours. And in the wiki and in some posts before they say it's Kikaider, not Metalder.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Leonite Rider wrote:-Wizard popping off for half the movie, while understandible, also makes no sense. What was he doing the whole time? Getting the Miracle and Super Sentai rings?
Oh. That would make sense. I thought he was just hanging out eating donuts the whole time, trying to come up with a plan.
CityHunter
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: Maya (Fangire Queen)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Berserk (manga)

Post by CityHunter »

So is this movie cannon or non-cannon?

I thought Super Sentai and Kamen Rider universe were suppose to be separate? Or are they merging them into the same universe now?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Just assume it's non-canon.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

I'm pretty sure he was asking if Cannonball the old New Mutant was somehow involved. Unfortunately, no. And despite the Z, this film has not one Xabungle or Gundam X. Its a travesty. Having declared this, still a much better travesty than the last one. Partially for lack of timeslot jokes, mostly because they didn't "yadda yadda yadda" the mid-movie interest-drawing showdown. And entirely because of the much-too-late irony of Decade being half-assedly played by another actor. At last a full circle, as if it could end any other way for Dick...they tried shooting him in the face, they tried hijacking several other films into being remakes of his movie. But none of it worked because this was how it had to be. Its beautiful in an unsightly sort of way.
XerBlade
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Faiz
Dreamy: Tatsulot
Favorite Actor?: Ishida Akira
Quote: Kamen Rider Meteorologist! I will decide your forecast!
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by XerBlade »

CityHunter wrote:So is this movie cannon or non-cannon?

I thought Super Sentai and Kamen Rider universe were suppose to be separate? Or are they merging them into the same universe now?
"Canon" with one 'n'.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/canon

Two 'n's would be that thing that somehow revived the final boss through some sort of MAGIC SCIENCE team up.
Dengar wrote:I liked this movie a lot, considering the type of movie it is anyway.

Never really watched Gokaiger, so can anyone tell me this? Is Gokai Silver some kind of ascended fanboy or something?
He's not just some ascended fanboy, he's the ascended fanboy.

On the topic of Gai, I kept half expecting to see him wake up next to Youko after a scene transition or roll around on the ground screaming like a lunatic for the whole movie. It's always been hard to take him seriously, but that is just compounded the more things he brings his absolutely horrible acting into (thus assuring he will always be readily available for future tokusatsu projects, lol).
jolly_old_saint wrote:I'm pretty sure he was asking if Cannonball the old New Mutant was somehow involved. Unfortunately, no. And despite the Z, this film has not one Xabungle or Gundam X. Its a travesty. Having declared this, still a much better travesty than the last one. Partially for lack of timeslot jokes, mostly because they didn't "yadda yadda yadda" the mid-movie interest-drawing showdown. And entirely because of the much-too-late irony of Decade being half-assedly played by another actor. At last a full circle, as if it could end any other way for Dick...they tried shooting him in the face, they tried hijacking several other films into being remakes of his movie. But none of it worked because this was how it had to be. Its beautiful in an unsightly sort of way.
All that having been said, the Space Sheriffs at least surely made Goku proud.
Last edited by XerBlade on Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Watching
Kamen Rider: Saber

Complete
Kamen Rider: All Black and later
Sentai: Shinkenger,Gokaiger,Magic Kaito VS Detective Conan
Garo: All
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

Was a great watch and a good use of characters.

Having Shelly do one of her previous Sentai roles was great, but it made me expect Fukami Gou to show up to aid Geki, yet he did not... They even baited it by only having the core Gekirangers show up to help someone else, making you wonder where Purple is, only for him not to show up...

Also, Kamen Rider, Super Sentai and Metal Hero main characters, with Inazuman and Kyodain cameos, were any other series represented I forgot or did not notice?
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

XerBlade wrote:but that is just compounded the more things he brings his absolutely horrible acting into (thus assuring he will always be readily available for future tokusatsu projects, lol).
Junya Ikeda can go a lil over-the-top but, I wouldn't call him "horrible".

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”