Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Super Hero Taisen Z released

Post by takenoko »

Barim wrote:Also, Kamen Rider, Super Sentai and Metal Hero main characters, with Inazuman and Kyodain cameos, were any other series represented I forgot or did not notice?
Did you count Kikaider at the very end?
CityHunter
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: Maya (Fangire Queen)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Berserk (manga)

Post by CityHunter »

Lol I can never spell that word properly.

Oh and thanks for the reply.
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

Fun movie. But since I love them all, I'll nitpick. SORRY but I will.

- This plot is anchored by magic. Excuse me, you didn't think of letting Magiranger in? (Are the suits even in the film?)
- A Galactic Police Alliance. C'mon why didn't DekaRanger and Agito have more to do?
- Different voice actors, ok. But please reuse some stuff from recorded tracks for authenticity: (Ryuusei's Wachaa for starters.)

Now for what I'm grateful for.

- THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for giving me more Shinkenger. I've missed them A LOT and as much as I want to see Takeru, Mako and Ryuunosuke, it's satisfying to see Kotoha and a GoRinDan (which I suspect was empty at the base slot).
- J's covering of others even without Jin
- The punch to Geki's face
- Keeping Ultimatum intact. Gentarou doesn't know Saburou, but Haruto calls himself Kamen Rider, post-Ultimatum. (How did Saburou come back five years anyways?)

Ok maybe we KINDA ruined the Sentai aspect in this film. SHT had, basically the Gokaigers breaking up and regrouping. At least it's a Sentai-esque element, and the KR bits stayed intact with DiEnd and his lone thievery going on. Here, the Sentai and Space Sheriff bits were fine, but bringing in ONE representative here and there for Sentai (Gai for Gokaiger, Youko for Go-Busters and Kotoha for Shinkenger if I can count her), while it works for plot, it kinda ruins the spirit of Sentai which has team dynamic as a foundational construct.

Either way, it's A LOT better than the predecessor film.
Last edited by DekaBreak on Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Damn. Late to the party again.
Well nothing that can be said that wasn't already said. Nice to see the Busters again. Youko is as adorable as ever, although her relationship with that ball was pretty annoying. You befriend a random space ball because you were lonely? You just met the damn thing don't act as if you gave birth to it. And least she didn't cry though.

And my most favorite thing was getting to see Wizard/Haruto again. I guess I've sorta become like a Haruto fanboy I really do like Haruto. He's one of the coolest Riders in my opinion. Kinda odd how he disappeared for quite some time.
Really though I always enjoying seeing Wizard's fight. It was pretty cool seeing Haruto's actor doing some of the sword play and not a stunt double.
And that sword fight was pretty great itself.
griever93
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by griever93 »

I'm extremely disappointed there was no Magiranger/Wizard team up in this movie.

What about a MagiYellow and Beet Buster team up?
dryedmangoez
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by dryedmangoez »

So I think this was much more well put together than the first Super Hero Taisen. I agree, the story made much more sense and focusing mainly on Geki, Gai, and Yoko plus Haruto kept things simple.

Things definitely got more crazy when they started trotting out the cameos, pretty randomly I must say, and made me feel like they were completely unnecessary. The movie would've still been epic even without them.

The pretty explosions were pretty.

And maybe I'm biased because while I did enjoy Super Hero Taisen as the fanwank it was, I enjoyed this one a lot more since the main characters were all from seasons I actually watched and followed as they aired. Definitely loved Yoko being one of the main characters. And definitely seeing the Go-Busters again, including Kuroki's hair.
Gai was particularly badass the entire time. Marvelous-who?

And Kotoha and Shelly was a fun little scene, but I was waiting for Gai to make a "She looks familiar" comment at the end though. The Kyoryugers felt too shoehorned in I thought, and the KyoryuGold "intro" was saved by J popping up.

Overall, a fun movie. A better story than last year's.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Yay! This wasn't the Joe cries a lot happy hours that SHIT was...I still think I'm adding an I in there...can't help it.

I'm surprised they didn't do a callback joke from the Gokaiger/Gavan movie where Shelly and Kotoha stood next to eachother infront of GAi and everyone else and they gasp at the similarities.

So next year is SS vs KR vs MH vs Kikaider? What's next SS vs KR vs MH vs Kikaiger vs Ultraman vs Sailor Moon?

BTW found a mistake I think.

36:42-36:45 Skydain and Groundain says exact same line.
LittleChiro
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: All Kamen Riders
2nd Favorite Series: All Super Sentai
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: まだまだ~だね!

Post by LittleChiro »

56:24, is Red Falcon about to shove a sword up the monster's ass?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Different voice actors, ok. But please reuse some stuff from recorded tracks for authenticity: (Ryuusei's Wachaa for starters.)

I notice that they always use some voice actor instead of reusing TV footage audio. I figure that it must be cheaper to higher some voice actor to dub over the minor grunts and stuff than to pay the original actor.
sjneow

Post by sjneow »

just finished it, definitely a better story than the last movie, but with that comes some tradeoff, mainly on the fan service department which this kind of movie should be all about, here are a few points I've noticed

- The Story basically revolves around KR villain teaming up with Space Sheriff villain, with Sentai villain shoved aside until the big brawl after the big bad's revival. Which is a little disappointing as I was kinda hoping there are still more KR+Sentai rather than KR+Gavan
- Go-Busters did terrible in 2 of the fights that feature them alone, one having them bumbling over Psykoron and one Shadow Moon single handed-ly slaughter them. And Youko being Go-buster's sole rep story wise is stuck hugging Psykoron all the time and didn't do much action wise. These are really out of character as we remember these guys are highly trained operator. And Hiromu that is one hell of a fighting machine. And Gold and Silver are out of the picture all together other than J's cameo
- adding on top of that, Kyouryuger have no real part in the story until the very end, which they only participate in the action. Leaving the only Sentai rep is Gai, and not even the full Gokaiger team. While we have both the Kamen Riders from Wizard.

- Shinkenger. Oh the Shinkenger's focus definitely apparent to me since I was yearning to see more of the Sentais halfway through, so it is nice to see that they insert Kotaha there for a little scene. And it surprises me when the rest of the heroes shows up, Shinkengers were shown first right after Akaranger, while Goseiger is no where to be seen, as normally they will go for the newest first, which should be Goseiger right after Go-buster and Gokaiger, nevertheless, I welcome more Shinkenger.

that's just about it for the rant.
Dax
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokai / Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Shinken / Kabuto
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Avatar by me.

Post by Dax »

Much better experience than the first Super Hero Taisen.

Amidst all of the awesomeness, I think the two moments that sold it for me where Kotoha helping Shelly, and Beet J. Stag stealing the spotlight for KyouryuuGold and Beast.

Gai punching Geki was also a definite plus.
Completed
Sentai: From Deka to Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider: From Ryuki to Zi-O
Other: GARO, Cutie Honey, Sh15uya, Tokusatsu GaGaGa
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Re: Is this canon?

I think that, post-decade, it's implied that all of the movies are canon, and any inconsistencies and things that don't make sense should just be ignored.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but the 720p version has a bad inverse telecine (IVTC) or something. It's 23.976fps (as you'd expect for film), but every 5th frame is a duplicate, leading to a very choppy (juddery) video.

Considering your source is Blu-Ray, I'm at a loss for why this is. You wouldn't expect a Blu-Ray to be interlaced, but what's occurring here is usually a result of the wrong frame being dropped when pulling down from 30fps to 23.796fps.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's cause Phoenix does the reencodes for the 720. The SD and 1080 versions are fine. I dunno, maybe I should just reencode it, since an error was spotted recently:

36:42 Should be "Shouldn't we chase them?"

It might take me a few days to do though since I had to delete the temp files to encode the Fourze quiz
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:It might take me a few days to do though since I had to delete the temp files to encode the Fourze quiz
Bummer.:(

You should hold a fundraising drive for additional equipment. You guys clearly need more storage, which shouldn't cost all that much.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”