Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Wizard 36 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Wizard_36

Haha, sweet. So Infinity has an axe because he needs to chop down the trees.

Haruto's helpers are pretty good, walking out the door and leaving Wajima and Koyomi like that.

Maybe I'm thinking all old guys look the same, but is that the director who's playing the Gate's landlord, Morota Satoshi?

My theory on the big twist of the season:
Spoiler
If Koyomi is just a puppet that runs on magical energy, where does all of it go? Maybe white mage has been leeching Haruto's magic all this time, through Koyomi.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Wizard 36 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Wiseman is like "Well done for getting here. Now let me drain your magic and bye bye." I didn't mind there wasn't a fight between them but there will be time for that. I sorta like how Haruto doesn't really care as much for the MoTW Gates and prefer the main plot storylines. I think it's obvious that the Gate is not the arsonist but I hope he is though. Nitou is more of a bum than Eiji ever was. It seems odd that Shunpei got some attitude and decides to prove Rinko wrong even though it might cost her job.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

I seriously don't get Shunpei. How much of an idiot must he be?

I actually hope the Gate is the arsonist. =X

Am I the only one that's hungry every time the donuts come on-screen? The Friendship Donut looks awesome.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Haruto, you've been feeding Koyomi through your belt all this time and, you think nothing's up with her?

"B.. But, she's a human!"

Yeah, a human who almost died once because Medusa drained her and when you gained Infinity and needs samples of your energy to not really die.... Wake up, Haruto!

....also, am I the only one who thought Nitou's appearance was totally superfluous?
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I was like "I guess they ran out of ideas of how to properly insert him into the story".

It'd be better if he just hung out with the Kamen Rider Club: Wizard Edition.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

I wasn't amused by the comical attempt with Rinko and Shunpei, it seemed over the top especially this late into the series when the real plot is beginning.

Interesting theory about Koyomi there, and if true it would also be one more thing that suggests Wiseman and White Wizard are one and the same. It is White Wizard, after all, who dumped Koyomi on Haruto and manged his development (up till Infinity).

So Wiseman has the ability to absorb magical energy. That's going to be difficult to beat.
XerBlade
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Faiz
Dreamy: Tatsulot
Favorite Actor?: Ishida Akira
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Kamen Rider Meteorologist! I will decide your forecast!

Post by XerBlade »

Shunpei has my vote for most worthless, annoying, and stupid Kamen Rider character of all time (why is he even in this show? it's not like it needs another comic relief character). I was holding out before, even when everyone else was already bashing him, hoping he would redeem himself (just thinking there was no WAY a character could really be THIS stupid, there must be some hidden facet to his character this is building up to), but even I have my limits. I have now formally disowned him.

Okay, so, Medusa already was the magical energy absorbing character. But now we have Wiseman as well. But he doesn't need to catch you first, he can just do it with his mind! Yeah, this doesn't feel forced at all.... It definitely seems like they ran out of new and interesting ideas on how to make the big bad seem threatening and just threw that in.
Last edited by XerBlade on Fri May 24, 2013 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Watching
Kamen Rider: Saber

Complete
Kamen Rider: All Black and later
Sentai: Shinkenger,Gokaiger,Magic Kaito VS Detective Conan
Garo: All
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

"Oh hey, Nitou. Wanna be in this episode?"

"DO I!"
XerBlade
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Faiz
Dreamy: Tatsulot
Favorite Actor?: Ishida Akira
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Kamen Rider Meteorologist! I will decide your forecast!

Post by XerBlade »

DereklBarona wrote:"Oh hey, Nitou. Wanna be in this episode?"

"DO I!"
~LoL~
Beast is the new Freakazoid, now henshin'ed into a sidekick.

Wait, I just thought of something. What happened to his mayonnaise bottle? It's been missing for a while. Heck, Haruto isn't even calling him by that anymore.
Watching
Kamen Rider: Saber

Complete
Kamen Rider: All Black and later
Sentai: Shinkenger,Gokaiger,Magic Kaito VS Detective Conan
Garo: All
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

I'm sorta surprised they waited so long to show Rinko and Shunpei butt heads. I mean looking back on some of the other episodes whenever the two of the look for/protect Gates, Rinko always gives him these looks of contempt. Well, it seems like that to me at least.
I like that now that the series is starting to wind down we'll get to see more plot.
The fight between the two was brief. Kinda cool though. Wiseman's all like "No time for your shit, Wizard." and sucks up his MP.
Koyomi's death if she doesn't get magic just reminded me of Star Ocean 3. No MP=Death.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Does anybody else share my view that the acting for Rinko and Shunpei is absolutely horrible?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think it's fine. Shunpei's character is written to be annoying. There's only so much you can do with the material you're given.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Shunpei went fill retard this episode. The thing is, he and Rinko should be helping each other. I mean, Haruto says to Nitou 'I found a phantom, want to help?' and he does.
TNT
7X

Post by TNT »

Shunpei as a character is redundant, if you remove him what will we have missed? Are there any parts of the story that stop working? I disliked that we were forced to see him pull the same bump into the other char stunt like 8 times.

That said, I always like to see Rinko at work. Eventhough you know full well that her investigation will lead back to the monster of the week, it makes the world feel more alive. There is stuff happening outside of the plot, weird stuff is noticed by bystanders, hence why the police is investigating. It just feels more natural.

Did we ever get an explanation on who old guy (Wajima?) is?

I also rather liked that HAruto's mp was gone again as well as the effects. Him passing the baton to Beast. "Eat them Nitou!" Putty patrol is in the show specifically to address Nitou's need to eat phantoms. ;)

So Haruto can't fight Wiseman without getting sucked dry, Gremlin once again says that he will fight Haruto later. I smell a backstab coming up.

Also I'll voice my opinion again, Koyomi is the Philosophers stone.
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.

Post by Knight of L-sama »

The perfect conclusion to this arc: Rinko arresting Shunpei's lame ass and thus improving the quality of the show's remaining run.

I will agree that in the grand scheme of things, Shunpei adds nothing to the show. Rinko's presence at least gives Haruto some sort of official cover and an additional source of information.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”