Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

Re: KR Wizard 36 released

Post by Enter the Meteor »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
You didn't need the Ghul fight, though. Just cut it and Beast out (keep Wzard vs. Raum, though) and nothing else would really change about the episode.
Whoa, you just said Beast, now you are adding the Ghouls?

I guess you are right, except for the fact that Sora would be able to distract him long enough for Raum to kill him. (Because he would go into Infinity Style right off the bat, I would assume [he HAS been doing it a lot now!]) But, does it matter?

I am not into these "what if" type of questions.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Karoum wrote:I also have a feeling the Engage rings will come back to bite Haruto in the ass eventually.
It's really kind of awkward for them to basically have fallen out of use since the first dozen episodes or so. Haruto and Nitou always manage to defeat the Phantom before someone falls to despair. I mean, all these Gates who they don't Engage with still have a Phantom lurking in their hearts; they've gotten over their immediate issues but they're still a danger. Rinko and Shunpei are some of the very few whose Phantoms were killed and are now thus safe.

I hope if the Engages don't come back to screw up Haruto, it turns out Shunpei and Rinko's Phantoms being killed in the underworld gives them some weird ability, like the Blanks in Warhammer 40k, and we just haven't seen it yet.

I do not believe Wiseman and White Wizard are the same. I do believe they are connected on a level the show has yet to really bother exploring, however. Maybe they're like Medusa and her sister? Twins, but one overcame despair while the other succumbed.
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

I don't think people are looking at wiseman's power correctly. To me it seemed like it was so much more than him absorbing his magical power as it seemed like what he was doing was manipulating it how he wanted to use it, kinda like when a bully grabs you by the arm and begins hitting you with it while saying stop hitting yourself. As, if he was just absorbing it I don't see why he'd just stop with enough for Haruto to use both water dragon(which seemed like over kill for putting out a small fire that probably could have been handled by just water style) and fire dragon in relatively close succession to each other.

Also after seeing Haruto lose so badly to Wiseman it feels to me like he's going to get another form that surpasses even INFINITY!!! as he literally couldn't even get within twenty feet of wiseman let alone land a hit.

found it funny that Shunpei forgot that Rinko was a detective even though they were talking about her doing detective work in the same conversation.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
Karoum
7X

Post by Karoum »

dancercotillion wrote:
Karoum wrote:I also have a feeling the Engage rings will come back to bite Haruto in the ass eventually.
It's really kind of awkward for them to basically have fallen out of use since the first dozen episodes or so. Haruto and Nitou always manage to defeat the Phantom before someone falls to despair. I mean, all these Gates who they don't Engage with still have a Phantom lurking in their hearts; they've gotten over their immediate issues but they're still a danger. Rinko and Shunpei are some of the very few whose Phantoms were killed and are now thus safe.

I hope if the Engages don't come back to screw up Haruto, it turns out Shunpei and Rinko's Phantoms being killed in the underworld gives them some weird ability, like the Blanks in Warhammer 40k, and we just haven't seen it yet.

I do not believe Wiseman and White Wizard are the same. I do believe they are connected on a level the show has yet to really bother exploring, however. Maybe they're like Medusa and her sister? Twins, but one overcame despair while the other succumbed.
I still think the Engage rings are part of something bigger. Why would a gate need to keep that big ugly ring on if the phantom inside them is dead? Would make more sense to give one to gates whose phantom is still alive so it'd be used as a seal or something.

Would've made more sense to make it so every time Haruto kills a phantom inside a gate and leaves the ring there, he gets a boost to his magical abilities as long as the gates keep their ring on.
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione

@Karoum.

Karoum wrote:
I still think the Engage rings are part of something bigger. Why would a gate need to keep that big ugly ring on if the phantom inside them is dead? Would make more sense to give one to gates whose phantom is still alive so it'd be used as a seal or something.

Would've made more sense to make it so every time Haruto kills a phantom inside a gate and leaves the ring there, he gets a boost to his magical abilities as long as the gates keep their ring on.
1. I would say it is more of a memento then anything else. Rinko and Shunpie just trust and like him so much that they have kept it on.

2. I do not think the Ring does anything other then work for Wizard or Beast. As a side effect of Haurto destroying their Underworld, the Gate is stripped of its magical power. OR, knowing what the White Wizard told him (probably) to give them to people that he had helped kill their Inner Phantom, so maybe he is able to tell which ones he is able to still drive to despair the next time the Sabbath is held.

3. That part may be true. Or, it just just be a fashion statement that they have adapted (see Rinko and Shunpei.)
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito

Post by Dengar »

takenoko wrote:I think it's fine. Shunpei's character is written to be annoying. There's only so much you can do with the material you're given.
I don't think a character being annoying justifies excessive over-acting though. But it's ok if I'm the only one who thinks this.
Quetzalcoatl
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Kumbia Kings
My boom: Lowriders
Quote: "Chicanos killing Chicanos is what they want! Blacks and Chicanos killing each other is what they want! That's how they run this place. Once we get together they don't run shit!"

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Donut Owner, That is not a donut. That is a churro. Still That Churro is so delicious looking.
What made this episode for me is that the Magical circle the wizard's does, is not really gibberish in this series, they actually say something.
How cool is that.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

okay, what the hell is wrong with the police chief? the suspect escaped, and he blames her? it is not like he was robbing a bank and Rinko was just eating donuts while watching it happen. if anything, he should be glad she was able to confirm the guy had not escaped the city.
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

@locuas

locuas wrote:okay, what the hell is wrong with the police chief? the suspect escaped, and he blames her? it is not like he was robbing a bank and Rinko was just eating donuts while watching it happen. if anything, he should be glad she was able to confirm the guy had not escaped the city.
I would assume that Rinko has a high reputation and her not being able to catch someone is a HUGE blemish on her record. Besides, he seems to care about his record (after all, he intrusted HER with this case, which if she fails, would make him seem as if he is bad decision maker) which could put him in jeopardy of being fired.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Welcome back to the annoying Shumpei character! Man was he annoying in this one. I thought that since we are past the mid point of the show would he start to mature up but I guess he clearly is written to be an idiot. Poor guy. I think that Nitou's role in the series has been limited lately too. Hope that's not a good sign as I have gotten tired of seeing secondary Riders being relegated for comedy late in the season.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

locuas wrote:okay, what the hell is wrong with the police chief? the suspect escaped, and he blames her? it is not like he was robbing a bank and Rinko was just eating donuts while watching it happen. if anything, he should be glad she was able to confirm the guy had not escaped the city.
Why wouldn't he blame her? She was the one who let a dangerous arsonist escape. Also this is a kids show. And policemen who can't do anything do not deserve life.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Dengar wrote:
Why wouldn't he blame her? She was the one who let a dangerous arsonist escape. Also this is a kids show. And policemen who can't do anything do not deserve life.
no, she accidentaly let escape a suspect of arsonist, who so far has not taken any lifes. i could take it if it did not make the chief so unlikable for me.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Also leave us not forget that the chief likely still has a chop on his shoulder towards Rinko for a lot of things through the series.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

locuas wrote:no, she accidentaly let escape a suspect of arsonist, who so far has not taken any lifes. i could take it if it did not make the chief so unlikable for me.
That's not the point, as long as he is a suspect, letting him go might endanger people.

Also, don't make a kids show needlessly complicated. The chief is clearly someone who has no business being chief, but considering the competence of the police in general, I think there was little choice.
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Dengar wrote:
Also, don't make a kids show needlessly complicated.
How is it "needlessly complicated"? Rinko messed up, her superior punished her, that is it. Even little five year olds will get it. You do not need to make your show about the lowest-common-denominator ALL the time. Even stuff such as "SpongeBob SquarePants" has VERY mature jokes, every kids program does if they do not want to offend anyone above their target audience (and by them trying that, they often fail at their audience).

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”