Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

Comparing?

Post by Enter the Meteor »

warote55 wrote:I would like to see the non dc version.
That is an interesting request. Do you just want to compare the changes?
XerBlade
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Faiz
Dreamy: Tatsulot
Favorite Actor?: Ishida Akira
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Kamen Rider Meteorologist! I will decide your forecast!
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Kamen Rider Movie Taisen Ultaimatum Released

Post by XerBlade »

zeta_gundam wrote: Though I find it weird how JK can dress so differently from the rest of his company and just tell the editor "Hey, I won't be back for a while, bye!"
That's kinda what journalists do anyway?

Anyway, I suppose OOO suddenly having back the medals that he lost/were destroyed before (namely the orange and purple ones [rather than the rest of the sets that were just "sent through a time portal" apparently]) is due to the magic of friendship. Best explanation I can come up with anyway. Although weren't the purple medals destroyed to begin with because they were going to destroy the world?

P.S. For the people having fun discussing about getting commentary track with Windows Media Player: WMP actually CAN handle multiple audio tracks (sort of) if you just have a proper MP4 splitter (or for whatever file container is being used at the time), it just goes a little crazy if you try to switch to the 2nd track is all, but the 1st track works fine as long as you cross your fingers and hope it loads the track you actually want as that one. In other words, the problem with the tracks getting combined or whatever is not WMP itself (although WMP doesn't support splitters properly to begin with), it's that you never installed a real DirectShow splitter for MP4 and are using the crappy Windows native stuff (heck, if you're on XP, that shouldn't have even happened simply because XP doesn't support, well, anything really natively [and anyone who is actually trying took use the train wreck that is WMP for anything I can pretty much assume right off the bat that they have never manually installed anything video playback-related before, ever, which is the only reason I can imagine they're still using it]). Note quite a few modern players have a basic working MP4 splitting functionality built in for if you don't install a separate one (although it generally isn't the best or most efficient, it still works like it's supposed to), but, seriously, in addition to getting a real media player (would recommend against VLC at the moment, it's been getting really outdated (and bloated) lately compared to others like Media Player Classic Home Cinema, Gom, or MPlayer) grab LAV or something similar that can efficiently handle all video formats at 100%....
Watching
Kamen Rider: Saber

Complete
Kamen Rider: All Black and later
Sentai: Shinkenger,Gokaiger,Magic Kaito VS Detective Conan
Garo: All
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Any Rider before Fourze weren't the real ones so OOO having the orange and purple Medals is chalk up to that.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

OOO and the other Riders in the Underworld were just summons, so that's one way to explain away any continuity issues with that.

Eiji was the only actual Rider to appear, and he didn't actually go into the Underworld the way Fourze and company did.
arromdee
Go Go!

Post by arromdee »

Four kids. One girl, one chubby, and one with glasses.

They're the Detective Boys.
Last edited by arromdee on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karoum
7X

Post by Karoum »

That movie was fucking badass!

One thing REALLY bothered me though: Poitrine's name. My first language is French and Poitrine means "Breasts". So ya...
evel333
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: INTP Architect

Post by evel333 »

Phoenix512 wrote:I didn't like the sound effects of the Akumaizers whenever they jumped around since they are the same as the old school Riders used. It was just silly for them to use those sound effects for these guys.
I have very limited knowledge of past Kamen Riders - so my thoughts were instead those of Dekaranger.

I found Tomoko's reconnection with Ryuusel particularly sweet and touching in just the few seconds shown. It's a shame the other KRC members couldn't get more screen time; but hey, it's crossover and it would be too many characters to cover. By now I'm a little tired of seeing OOO and especially W cameos. We'll probably never see any significant appearance or dialogue by any of them again, so any future cameos will likely become even more shorter and forced.

Last thought: Has anyone gone back and checked if there are any scenes in the TV run where Gentarou unexplainably disappears for a moment while the gang walk from school? That would be really terrific planning by the writers if there are.
Klanoyt
Mega
Favorite series: Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: All Kamen Riders

Post by Klanoyt »

Thanks for this. Had a good time watching it with my son who's crazy about Kamen Rider (at the age of 2 lol.)

Anyways, my thoughts on the movie... it's action-packed. Few but important conversations must be given attention to. I just didn't like the female superhero Po... Po... forgot her name really. I liked the actress though... but then I got trolled in the end. It was a good laugh though... darn you Owner for destroying my delusion... noooooooooooooooooooo!!!

And I was a bit expecting cameo roles from the lead actors of W and OOO though and not their rider forms hehe. Eiji was there. It's good enough I guess. Nadeshiko is still cute. :D
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Phoenix512 wrote:I did notice a thing that breaks Wizard canon which was when Haruto and the others saw Phoenix's human form since at the time, they didn't know what his human form look like until several episodes later when Rinko begins to investigate him.
I think that Rinko knew Phoenix was a phantom but she didn't know he was the boss Phoenix. Since he and Medusa kind of slipped aside, I think it's hand-waveable.

By the way if anyone is unclear, Poitrine is a massive Sailor Moon parody. I don't mean in a general "magical girl" sense, I mean specifically. Elements of her henshin sequence - both choreography and CGI elements - are directly imitating Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon. Her "Even if ___ forgives you, ____ won't," is another direct parody though it's nonsensical. However, considering the donut shop owner's age, she probably was a big fan of the show and the manga. Oh and of course Tuxedo Kamen is the token guy character in Sailor Moon, so blendering the Kamen element with the magical girl element to cook up her look and name is just another layer of goofy parody.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

But Bishojo Kamen Poitrine came out in 1990. The Sailor Moon manga didn't come out till 1991?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Fourze part was amazing. Wizard bored me. Similar to the series I guess.

Kengo kicking ass was a highlight for me. I mean, I enjoyed the whole Fourze part, tying all the movies together. I know that part at the end about the driver being his bud is an ass pull so Fourze can appear later on if they use the future setting.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

evel333 wrote:
Phoenix512 wrote:Last thought: Has anyone gone back and checked if there are any scenes in the TV run where Gentarou unexplainably disappears for a moment while the gang walk from school? That would be really terrific planning by the writers if there are.
I think they're was in dialog in the movie that said they were in year 3, and if I remember correctly, during the end of the series, the school-year wasn't finished, so it could have happened after the end of the series.
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Post by DekaBreak »

Well what can I say? This one's got everything I expect from and respect about Koichi Sakamoto. Awesome wirework, decent female action, (maybe he went a LITTLE too much on the CGI finale, but it's nothing compared to what he did on Ultraman in the 2009 film). The placing of the Wizard segment doesn't fit in with the show's timeline, because he only uses Flame and Hurricane Dragon, he would not have met Phoenix's human form yet. It stood out to me that whenever the Akumaizers jumped, we'd get the Showa Rider Kick/jumping sound. I guess this film confirms that the Doughnut Shop Owner is a Gate. (The Hyper Battle DVD wasn't conclusive, because the 'crack into despair' never happened). And truly it did come as a surprise that the Owner was Kamimura Yuu. What I'm not sure of is where Wizard's Fourze movie cameo last year fits in. Haruto doesn't remember Gentarou, but he remembers Haruto's cameo.

Correcty me if I'm wrong: Wizard's cameo was less than five years ago, so when Haruto returns the Fourze Driver, Gentarou hadn't met him.
This movie takes place during Haruto's time, but Haruto had met Gentarou before his series started in the cameo appearance. That means Haruto should know the Gentarou who entered the Underworld, because he has the Fourze Ring. Right? Or am I missing something...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

We don't know what timeline this movie takes place, because we don't know how the Wizard story overlaps with the Fouzre story. If we're assuming all this is true, then this is a time before Wizard and Gentarou has met (five year Gentarou doesn't count, he's from the future). After which, Haruto meets Gentarou in person, but not in his Wizard form. Wizard then goes on to help Gentarou in the Fourze movie. Does that make sense?

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”