Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Wizard 38 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Wizard_38

OK, that man has got to be either white mage or Wiseman. Probably white mage, since he's got a magic stone the same color as white mage's rings.

Also... movie trailer. Huh...

We learn a little more about Haruto's past, but nothing that feels like we're on the brink of a massive epiphany. Despite this, there's a strong sense that the seeds for the final arc of the series are being planted. We've got Sora questioning Wiseman, and this new guy seems super important. I'm guessing we'll dive right into that once the sub-story involving Haruto's old friends is resolved.

Am I missing something with the next episode title? You don't "pitch" in soccer, right? I wonder if this is another example of Japan misappropriating English words.

Wow, this was some good foreshadowing: "Be careful when you play soccer. All that fun would be ruined if someone got hurt."

That said, I kind of wish the writer would have more plausible reasons for why the protagonists get out of a fight. Not just the bad guy going "Oh yeah, fighting is fun. Guess I'll stop fighting and fight you later!" and Wizard going "Oooh... he's walking away slowly... I guess I'm beaten for now."

Finally...

SWEEP THE LEG!
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Re: KR Wizard 38 released

Post by butyoumight »

takenoko wrote:
Am I missing something with the next episode title? You don't "pitch" in soccer, right? I wonder if this is another example of Japan misappropriating English words.
No, you don't 'pitch' as in verb in soccer, but you play soccer on a 'pitch' as in noun. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitch_(sports_field)
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

That's probably the one time when Haruto is happy that the Phantom ran away since he couldn't do jack against the king of all dragons, Bahamut. I really hate Naomi since all she does is just rags on Haruto for injuring her beloved Kazaya. I mean Haruto feels guilty enough about injuring his old friend but she just needs to pile it on him. I do like they finally get to Haruto's dream before becoming the Phantom killer we all know and love.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ah, so the pitch is the field? I'll have to modify the translation of next week's preview then.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

takenoko wrote:Ah, so the pitch is the field? I'll have to modify the translation of next week's preview then.
I do believe that's the reference they're going for :)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ah, thanks for the information. It looks like the term isn't used as much in America. I might need to add a note or something or explain it on the wiki. Looks like "playing field" is the term in American English.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The color coded swaths of fabric were pretty cool in OOO, but here it just kinda looks like Wiseman hung up his laundry to dry.

In the beginning of this show we had a lot of Phantoms that had pretty unique and clever ways of driving people to despair, recently it seems like it's always the "fear of death". It just feels kinda disappointing, like they're not even trying. Granted, Bahamut got it together by the end of the show, but at that point they just blatantly said it out loud, it doesn't hardly count.

HARUTO THE PHANTOM IS 50 GODDAMN FEET IN FRONT OF YOU, YOU PUSSY. HE IS WALKING AWAY. WHAT THE HELL MAN?

Sora looks like he's still getting some interesting juicy bits. I have to wonder what his role will be as we get closer to the finale.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

I liked the coloured cloths because there's simply no reason for them to be there - the fact that they don't make any sense really adds to Wiseman's mystery. Although as you've said, in OOO you could correlate each cloth to one of the Greeed, so I'm not sure if there is any colour pattern here.

Now I'm really confused as to who is in a higher position over the other, Gremlin or Medusa. Surprises could come from either of them in the coming weeks.

More of Haruto's past? Oh yes. The scene where he was standing outside the house (spotted by Rinko) gave me this feeling of older, lone riders. I guess here it is to reflect that Haruto, like everyone, likes to keep some things to himself. And once again, it seems that only Rinko is the only who can connect with him and discuss those things.

So if the various styles didn't work, why didn't he use Infinity?

I loved the scene where he jumps in front of the blast in the end (to protect everyone - also notice how Shunpei and Rinko also do the same, they also jump in front to protect the two, just like Haruto does). Such scenes are just powerful.

Hmm so an old man shows up with a purple stone. I wonder what kind of ring can be made out of that stone. Wajima didn't seem very pleased about it though.

Spoiler
Also Flame Style wasn't seen in this ep, so judging from the preview I guess Haruto will kick some... ball in that form.
Behold the Emperor!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Now I'm really confused as to who is in a higher position over the other, Gremlin or Medusa. Surprises could come from either of them in the coming weeks.

Why are you surprised? Did you ignore the part when Wiseman made Gremlin Medusa's boss?
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Yeah I remember that, it just feels weird since Gremlin, who is now technically higher up the order, is the one defying Wiseman directly. I guess the confusing part is why did Wiseman promote Gremlin who doesn't create as many Phantoms and asks too much, and not Medusa who is possibly one of the most loyal villains we've ever seen in KR?

So Medusa may be lower in order but she's the only one really carrying out Wiseman's will. Doesn't that technically make her "more important"?
Behold the Emperor!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O

Post by PHurricane »

You know, Haruto being a former aspiring pro soccer player is a good in-universe reason for Wizard to favor leg attacks, particularly early on in the season.

I enjoyed this episode more than most episodes of late. It helps that we're entering that final arc/push to the finale period where pulling the pieces of the plot together takes center stage and the ratio of questions to answers starts reversing.
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

@"Slowking"

Post by Enter the Meteor »

Slowking wrote:Yeah I remember that, it just feels weird since Gremlin, who is now technically higher up the order, is the one defying Wiseman directly. I guess the confusing part is why did Wiseman promote Gremlin who doesn't create as many Phantoms and asks too much, and not Medusa who is possibly one of the most loyal villains we've ever seen in KR?

So Medusa may be lower in order but she's the only one really carrying out Wiseman's will. Doesn't that technically make her "more important"?
1. Knowing Sora, he would have told Medusa too much information or just flat out did something that defies what Wiseman says, so to cover up the information, Wiseman promotes Sora. Or, due to the fact that Sora knows what is going on, he could tell Haurto about it and then Wiseman's plans would be ruined.

2. Yes and no. Medusa DOES win brownie points for being loyal, but Sora knows WAY too much for Wiseman's liking.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito

Post by Dengar »

So why does Bahamut look like a dragon?
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

@"Dengar"

Post by Enter the Meteor »

Dengar wrote:So why does Bahamut look like a dragon?
Well, in the Dungeons & Dragons universe, Bahamut is a dragon. So...
Gottis
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: UM SNAKE DAD
Favorite Actor?: Inukai Atsuhiro
My boom: Making music videos!
Quote: We're the Heroes of Our Time

Post by Gottis »

Not only Dungeons and Dragons, he's a dragon in the Final Fantasy series too. The King of Dragons.

I really liked this episode, from Haruto and Shunpei goofing around (And Haruto being relaxed for once) to learning more about him, and just how deep his guilt complex goes. Poor kid's had his parents die, and he felt like it was partly his fault, and then his friend gets injured because of him? Again, it's quite clear that there are no psychiatrists in Japan. =/ Now all we need is a Gate that he won't be able to save, and we've got the icing on the cake, so to say...
Finished: All Heisei
Watching: Zi-O

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”