KR Wizard 38 released

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizaaaaard
Forum rules
Image

Wiki Link

< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >
User avatar
TNT
7X
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:33 am
Male: Yes

Re: KR Wizard 38 released

Post by TNT » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:52 am

This episode left me conflicted.
I disliked the fights....probably for the first time in the history of KR Wizard.
First fight: Ill use basic fire, damn it doesn't work. I'll use basic water. Damn, doesn't work he's to strong. I'll use basic Hurricane. Damn doesn't work. I'll use my strongest basic form, land. Damn this doesn't work either. If only I had some kind of powerup or maybe an ultimate form. Oh how a guy can dream. *giggle*
Oh no, the enemy is leasurly sauntering away! There is no way I can catch him. If only I'd evolved the ability to run or maybe the ability to pull a bike out of thin air.

Second fight (Beast): Damn, the enemy is to strong for basic attacks. If only I had some kind of mantle that ups my power. Maybe in the form of a cow. Or what if I had an ultimate form....

At least Haruto was using the dragotimer, it would have been really retarded if he hadn't at least done that.


On the other hand. I had recentely started to wonder why they want to create Phantoms, because it doesn't seem like Wiseman is al that interested in them. He doesn't berate Medusa, he doesn't involve himself in anyway. Good to see Sora also asking that.
I also like learning more about Haruto (I like Haruto as a lead thanks to the dynamic between his serious and more humerous sides). Especially when it adds another reason for Wizard to prefer his kick fighting style so much.
Lastly, the appearance of the man most likely to be the White Wizard. Possibly wielding a purple stone for Medusa's sister, very nice indeed.

User avatar
Minji
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:01 pm
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Whenever you see a dangerous man walking slowly towards you with a loud and looming god choir chanting in the background... just fucking run."
Type: ISTP Crafter

Re: KR Wizard 38 released

Post by Minji » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:49 pm

Owner's new hairstyle is much better than the Fourze-inspired tragedy.

The kids at the beginning were really precious. I'm not used to such good kids. I half-expected them to spit and tell Haruto to fuck off, haha.

The MOTW looks much scarier in his human form.

When the MOTW was preparing his attack and everyone ran to Kazuya, I couldn't help but wish that the MOTW would blow up Naomi and Shunpei.

I don't think I ever had high hopes for Haruto's backstory. He's just a bland character. But my god is this bland for a main Rider. And Naomi is ridiculous, just what is her problem with Haruto? It seems like it's always bothered her that Haruto isn't as good as Kazuya, as if he doesn't deserve to be his friend or something. Also, since they were friends, it was obviously just an accident and even if he left because of his guilt, well, that was his decision to make for god's sake. I'd liked it if it was more like, Haruto and Kazuya being real enemies and Haruto having a motive (revenge or just hatred plus a past nasty thing that he'd done to sabotage Kazuya).

However, I looked forward to this episode just to see Haruto doing some mundane human stuff instead of whatever he needs to do to protect a Gate. Yeah, it's just in flashbacks, and yeah, heroes' lives generally revolve around fighting evil but I love to see something else every once in a while.
Image

User avatar
Dengar
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Posts: 1878
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:18 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Gaim
2ndFavoriteSeries: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good
Location: Unknown
Contact:

Re: KR Wizard 38 released

Post by Dengar » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:32 pm

I just accepted that Naomi is a bitch and moved on.

User avatar
Conan_Edogawa
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Posts: 1044
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:55 pm
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2ndFavoriteSeries: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer
Location: Aperture Science Enrichment Center.

Re: KR Wizard 38 released

Post by Conan_Edogawa » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:50 pm

....Dolphi is a healing spell. Why haven't you just used Dolphi to heal him, Nitou?

User avatar
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:32 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2ndFavoriteSeries: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"
Location: Cumming, Georgia

@"Conan_Edogawa"

Post by Enter the Meteor » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:25 am

Conan_Edogawa wrote:....Dolphi is a healing spell. Why haven't you just used Dolphi to heal him, Nitou?
I believe that the only function of Dolphi's is to remove poison from himself and other people. It may only work on Haurto.

(I LOVE your new picture! Do you draw them yourself?)

User avatar
Conan_Edogawa
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Posts: 1044
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:55 pm
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2ndFavoriteSeries: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer
Location: Aperture Science Enrichment Center.

Re: @"Conan_Edogawa"

Post by Conan_Edogawa » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:10 am

Enter the Meteor wrote:
Conan_Edogawa wrote:....Dolphi is a healing spell. Why haven't you just used Dolphi to heal him, Nitou?
I believe that the only function of Dolphi's is to remove poison from himself and other people. It may only work on Haurto.

(I LOVE your new picture! Do you draw them yourself?)
if that's the case, then it makes sense, I guess.

no, I find them on Pixiv.

User avatar
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Posts: 3130
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:33 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Gaim
2ndFavoriteSeries: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Deadly Premonition
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: KR Wizard 38 released

Post by Kogashi » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:41 pm

Besides, one should not trust to use magic to fix everything. Magic should only be used in case of magical trouble.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT

User avatar
Joosche
Go Go!
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:39 am
Male: Yes
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: High Fantasy
Location: Brazil

Re: KR Wizard 38 released

Post by Joosche » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:36 am

I wonder why Kazuya is kicking to an empty goal. There is no meaning without, at least, a fake goalkeeper. And if he really want to improve his knee, he shouldn't be kicking balls, that kind of impact is the worst for recovering. Physiotherapy dude! Physiotherapy!

Where is the Infinity and Hyper forms? Did I miss something?

User avatar
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:32 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2ndFavoriteSeries: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"
Location: Cumming, Georgia

@"Joosche"

Post by Enter the Meteor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Joosche wrote:I wonder why Kazuya is kicking to an empty goal. There is no meaning without, at least, a fake goalkeeper. And if he really want to improve his knee, he shouldn't be kicking balls, that kind of impact is the worst for recovering. Physiotherapy dude! Physiotherapy!

Where is the Infinity and Hyper forms? Did I miss something?
1. I believe that it is Kazuya's own fault. Naomi wanted him to stop when he accidentally hit the one ball with his right leg. Kazuya wants to get ready for the selection, so he is trying to get movement back into his leg/ knee. I think that Physiotherapy would be for Haurto more then anyone else.

2. No, you did not. Because of the despair trigger, I think that Wizard likes to feel his opponents out. As for Beast, he wanted to use Chameleo's tongue to wrap up Bahamut, but that did not go as planned.

User avatar
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Posts: 2929
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:18 pm
Male: Yes
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Wizard 38 released

Post by Go-On Macaroni » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:16 pm

But, Haruto's not injured (afaik); Kazuya was and therefore physiotherapy aka "physical therapy" would be more fitting for him.

User avatar
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:32 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2ndFavoriteSeries: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"
Location: Cumming, Georgia

Opps...

Post by Enter the Meteor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:19 pm

Go-On Macaroni wrote:But, Haruto's not injured (afaik); Kazuya was and therefore physiotherapy aka "physical therapy" would be more fitting for him.
Oh, opps. With my vision, I read that as "Psychotherapy". It has been a long day at the eye doctor.

StagBeetle
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:09 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Agito
2ndFavoriteSeries: Kamen Rider BLACK
Dreamy: Kazashiro Miu
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: everything...
Location: Under the radar...

Re: KR Wizard 38 released

Post by StagBeetle » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:40 pm

Joosche wrote:I wonder why Kazuya is kicking to an empty goal. There is no meaning without, at least, a fake goalkeeper.
I'm guessing it's because of the actor's lack of skill in football :lol: . His footwork is terrible, that's why they didn't show him dribble the ball before kicking into the net. Even his kicks when Naomi throws in the ball was awful.
Haruto's actor, on the other hand, looks like he do play football. So, it's kind of difficult for me to suspend my disbelief that Kazuya is better than Haruto... LOL.

User avatar
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:32 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2ndFavoriteSeries: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"
Location: Cumming, Georgia

@"StagBeetle"

Post by Enter the Meteor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:25 am

StagBeetle wrote:I'm guessing it's because of the actor's lack of skill in football :lol: . His footwork is terrible, that's why they didn't show him dribble the ball before kicking into the net. Even his kicks when Naomi throws in the ball was awful.
Haruto's actor, on the other hand, looks like he do play football. So, it's kind of difficult for me to suspend my disbelief that Kazuya is better than Haruto... LOL.[
1. His leg was injured a year ago (and it looks like he is his own physical therapist, all Naomi does is support him.)

2. "Kazuya is better than Haruto..." We do not officially know this yet. Because of her lovey-dovey state with Kazuya, she thinks he is better: there is no evidence to support this claim.

locuas
Crossing a Millennium
Posts: 1059
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:58 pm
Male: Yes

Re: @"StagBeetle"

Post by locuas » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:44 am

Enter the Meteor wrote: and it looks like he is his own physical therapist
that will end well...

StagBeetle
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:09 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Agito
2ndFavoriteSeries: Kamen Rider BLACK
Dreamy: Kazashiro Miu
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: everything...
Location: Under the radar...

Re: @"StagBeetle"

Post by StagBeetle » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:03 am

Enter the Meteor wrote:
StagBeetle wrote:I'm guessing it's because of the actor's lack of skill in football :lol: . His footwork is terrible, that's why they didn't show him dribble the ball before kicking into the net. Even his kicks when Naomi throws in the ball was awful.
Haruto's actor, on the other hand, looks like he do play football. So, it's kind of difficult for me to suspend my disbelief that Kazuya is better than Haruto... LOL.[
1. His leg was injured a year ago (and it looks like he is his own physical therapist, all Naomi does is support him.)
Well, that may be the in-universe reasoning, but I'm just saying, watching the selection game made me think that Kazuya's actor probably never kicked a ball in his life... :D

Post Reply

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”