Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Wizard Hyper Battle DVD released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... Battle_DVD

For some reason I thought this was going to be a musical. But it's just dancing.

The ring switching was fun.

Oh man, I can't wait for my in-magazine mayonnaise.

Just a reminder, this was only a DVD, so there's no HD resolution version for it.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Wizard Hyper Battle DVD released

Post by Lunagel »

I always enjoy these kinds of things because while there's a script, you can tell it's mostly the actors just having fun with their roles. Having the song twice is a bit of a copout, but still enjoyable.

Owner, if you wanted to be more manly maybe you should be a man?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I just like Haruto knew it was trouble to go into the Owner's Underworld and Nitou was like, "No, it's not." After spending time in it, Nitou admitted it was trouble "Sorry Bro. Should have listened to you." I like the part when Haruto returned Nitou's ring and Nitou trying to catch it with the Land Dragon's claws.

Also I'm glad it wasn't an adventure choice and more like an episode.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Haha. That was sorta interesting.
For whatever reason I found the combined magic circles to be real cool looking. And that rapid Style switching is always nice to watch. Although I felt they cheated Beast with his rapid changes. He didn't do anything with Dolphi or Chameleo that even looked Dolphin-y. And I'm gonna keep my eye out for break dancing chameleons from now on.
I like how Haruto likes using Beasts ring. In the actual series and in this too.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I thought the series established that while Wizard can use Beast's rings, Beast cannot use Wizard's rings because they cannot fit into the his belt's slot
Liac0s
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Quote: I love Koike Yui aka Ahim De Famille aka Gokai Pink!

Post by Liac0s »

Awesome HBV! Probably the most enjoyable by far! :) I loved all of these! Like how Haruto knew the trouble of "engaging" into Owner's Underworld! I loved how Haruto and Nitou jumped into the magic circle! It was cool looking! The dancing thing is very interesting, even though the Dancing Ring is somewhat... Useless... LoL Except if it makes you learn dancing quickly! LoL The Phantoms dressed were so epic, I love how they can make a female buffy phantom just by wearing clothes... LoL The "MOTW" is funny 'cause it opens/closes his mouth all the time... Now, about the fighting scenes. Exactly after the transform, you can see a spear, when it falls you can see it is actually plastic... LoL Very cool fights, man, why don't they do always such EPIC fights? Personally, I wanted more and more... The dancing ring was interesting in the fight. I totally love the switching of the rings, did anybody notice how Nitou uses the rings in the same way as Haruto (actually I noticed that only for the dancing ring, I think he used the Land Dragon ring by putting it in these holes... LoL). I noticed the same thing as Revorse mentioned, Dolphin and Chameleon where nothing but showy moves... LoL, not that I mind of course! I loved the magic circles, and do you know what? If Wizard and Beasts kills an enemy together, Beast can eat the Phantom... So, why do they have to be rivals? So weird...
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Yaiba wrote:I thought the series established that while Wizard can use Beast's rings, Beast cannot use Wizard's rings because they cannot fit into the his belt's slot
It's HBV. Logic like that gets thrown out of the window.
kirifuda
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: super sentai
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider
Dreamy: momotaros
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: i'm gonna tear down my barriers with my own hands

Post by kirifuda »

I just...that was amazing. I really like Owner, she's the best thing ever.

And those clothes.

I just.

5 stars would shop here again.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Since when the Owner is a she? He may be in pink and acting like a woman but it's still a guy right?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

When dealing with transgender person, you refer to them by the gender they've chosen. Yeah, Owner is obviously a guy, but if she wants to identify as a she, that's the way to do it.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

... and yet, she wants to be more manly...

Since I'd rather say nothing at all since I have mostly not nice things to say about this Hyper Battle Vid... I'll say that Beast looks damn awesome with the coat ends and claws of Land Dragon. Rather wish that form was canon ya know?
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Mandalori wrote:Since when the Owner is a she? He may be in pink and acting like a woman but it's still a guy right?
Try not to conflate the actor and the character. The actor, Kaba-chan is male, yes. Owner has never been implied to be anything other than female, whether transgender or not.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm glad you guys enjoyed that. But I have to say I personally found that painful; dancing mooks and Owner are not a pleasant combination. The only good part was that they got rid of the CYOA style that's been the basis of the last couple of HBVs.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I enjoyed that more than some of the recent episodes. Pure fun.
Minji
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Whenever you see a dangerous man walking slowly towards you with a loud and looming god choir chanting in the background... just fucking run."
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Minji »

I also enjoyed this more than some of the recent episodes. I've been sort of losing interest in Wizard but this reminded me of how much I like Haruto and Nitou as well as their dynamic. I'm exactly like Nitou and Haruto at the beginning when I try to learn a new dance, so it was hilarious to me. The epic dance practice made me laugh, too.

All in all, this was a lot of fun and the fight was cool. I love it when they use each other's rings, wouldn't mind this kind of power borrowing becoming a thing in every KR.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”