KR Wizard 40 released

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizaaaaard
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >
Liac0s
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Quote: I love Koike Yui aka Ahim De Famille aka Gokai Pink!

Re: KR Wizard 40 released

Post by Liac0s »

Can I ask something? Why do some of you compare KR Mage with Riotroopers? I haven't seen Faiz but as far as I know, Riotroopers were like the soldiers from Kabuto. Just some soldiers, not Kamen Riders... and they were not movie exclusive, were they? In any case, I don't think Mayu's design is bad. You wouldn't think like you do if they didn't use the suit in the movie as well. It's a nice way to save budget. We wanted a female rider, we got her! I don't see any problem in her design. After all, this could have a reason, either White Mage wants an army of them, either Mayu is not powerful enough to handle greater power than Mage's, either she is going to take White Mage's powers, either she is going to have a unique upgrade (yeah, this is a dream of mines...)... In general, there are many reasons on why this design was chosen. I just don't want her to die. If she won't, we will be happy! Oh and I hope she will be fighting pretty much. Maybe she will get some special spells or a weapon. Maybe we'll have a triple rider kick too... But seriously, I don't find it lame. The suit could be made better, but we still don't know if it didn't get better intentionally or not... Hope! Don't lose hope!
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Riotroopers were lesser riders, actually.
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

Dengar wrote:Can I ask something? Why do some of you compare KR Mage with Riotroopers? I haven't seen Faiz but as far as I know, Riotroopers were like the soldiers from Kabuto. Just some soldiers, not Kamen Riders... and they were not movie exclusive, were they? In any case, I don't think Mayu's design is bad. You wouldn't think like you do if they didn't use the suit in the movie as well. It's a nice way to save budget. We wanted a female rider, we got her! I don't see any problem in her design. After all, this could have a reason, either White Mage wants an army of them, either Mayu is not powerful enough to handle greater power than Mage's, either she is going to take White Mage's powers, either she is going to have a unique upgrade (yeah, this is a dream of mines...)... In general, there are many reasons on why this design was chosen. I just don't want her to die. If she won't, we will be happy! Oh and I hope she will be fighting pretty much. Maybe she will get some special spells or a weapon. Maybe we'll have a triple rider kick too... But seriously, I don't find it lame. The suit could be made better, but we still don't know if it didn't get better intentionally or not... Hope! Don't lose hope!
Why have you not seen Faiz? :o

Riotroopers were basically mass produced belts based on 555. The common thing between Mage and a Riotrooper is that both have belts from which they transform from. Zecter Troopers didn't have belts.

I think Mage's design is fine, but they could have touched it up a bit to look more female. The hand is weird though, maybe they're going to explain that at some point.

I mean, you know, it's not like they won't be able to make money off a unique design for Mayu.
berry889
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Dreamy: Mana Kazaya
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey

Post by berry889 »

i think Mayu Rider Form was more like an apprentice for White Wizard~~~
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Mage pretty much looks like garbage. It looks more like an upgrade to the Ghuls than a Rider

Image]
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

I'm actually impressed that Mage's outfit isn't white/pink with hearts and glitters all over.
It could be way better of course, but not being feminine isn't the reason why it sucks. It's just poorly designed and that skirt is atrocious.

The whole "being a female is her only defining trait" thing has already been discussed to death in any possible way; I'm glad that they gave her a solid personal agenda (avenging her sister seems quite a serious and different one from the other 2 riders) and some sort of back story to justify her transformation.

As long as she's not a cardboard figure I'm fine.

On that last note, using the 2 examples by Takenoko, I agree with Femme being a major one since she had actual traits and her name reflected those but Kivara was really lame and overall useless.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's not a skirt though. Mage is a gender neutral character since you see guys and gals transform into it. It's just a unisex jacket for a mass produced Rider design. Blah.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Okay, as a female, I want a female Rider that is cool, kicks ass, and has a suit that clearly states she is female without being overly cutesy. Femme was pretty much the perfect female Rider except that she lasted all of 30 minutes which is LAME. Kivaala and Nadeshiko fall on the "overly cutesy" and generally "useless" side of the spectrum since quite often they exist only to get kidnapped. Also, Nadeshiko's sound effects drive me bonkers. Every other punch she gives has a harp chord or a "ding!" and it's fucking irritating.

Mage is just there. It's not overly female and it's not even that inspired of a suit design. It's obvious it's just there so it'll be easy to mass produce. A Rider suit that is for both male and female riders is not a female Rider at all. Would you consider Ixa a female rider after that one episode? No, because it's still a suit that looks like it's for guys.

All I want is another Femme. You wouldn't think it'd be too much to ask. I don't even want a main Rider to be female, but I would eventually like to see a secondary female Rider. I know the show's for boys but they're going to have to find out eventually that girls exist.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Darkwings wrote:but Kivara was really lame and overall useless.
"Ahh, I'm surrounded by grunts, what do? It's not like I can transform or anything!!"
Liac0s wrote:You wouldn't think like you do if they didn't use the suit in the movie as well.
Yeah, I can agree.
Though, comments about it being ugly would still be valid either way.
gh0stwrit3r wrote:The common thing between Mage and a Riotrooper is that both have belts from which they transform from
That... describes a lot of Rider people.
gh0stwrit3r wrote:I mean, you know, it's not like they won't be able to make money off a unique design for Mayu.
Again, they could've made a design but, it's the 40's; when was the last time a new Rider got introduced during this point and got toy scans and everything? Just about never. (They should've re-intro'd her earlier to catch the last quarter toy sales but meh, Nitou's friend winning the lottery was somehow more important.)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>You wouldn't think like you do if they didn't use the suit in the movie as well.

No, I don't agree with this. It's still a pretty ugly suit. I probably wouldn't be as upset about it though if it were movie-only.

>Again, they could've made a design but, it's the 40's; when was the last time a new Rider got introduced during this point and got toy scans and everything? Just about never. (They should've re-intro'd her earlier to catch the last quarter toy sales but meh, Nitou's friend winning the lottery was somehow more important.)

That makes sense for stuff like transformation toys and weapons and stuff, but not for figures which are always in season. Yeah, she's obviously not a "real Rider" to even a Delta level, but I'm sure they could have made a few bucks off a Mayu Rider figure if it were cool. Besides, she uses the white mage belt, which you can buy? And I'm sure a Mage figure will come out, so while I get what you're going for, I'm not sure your argument holds water? It's not really an excuse for Toei to just lazy it up like this. Even Kivaala got a uniquely designed suit, and she appeared for a total of five minutes at most?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Ah, I forgot about solitary figures and whatnot; my mistake~
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
Again, they could've made a design but, it's the 40's; when was the last time a new Rider got introduced during this point and got toy scans and everything? Just about never. (They should've re-intro'd her earlier to catch the last quarter toy sales but meh, Nitou's friend winning the lottery was somehow more important.)
Spoiler
Kuuga mega ultimate forms

i was actually worried that mayu as a rider was all just a big tease due to the lack of scans and that she did not transform in the preview, but now that i see her transform...i'm okay with it. yes, it is not exactly the best suit ever, but i kind of like the overall design. i only wish they changed the helmet because it reminds me of ryukendo. who knows? maybe if she survives the series, she may get a movie exclusive form in the crossover(very doubtful)

but there is one thing i do not understand...why is mayu in her school uniform? were they really worried kids would not recognice her? give her something cool, something that shows that she is different now! i would not have a problem if not for the fact that she basically dropped school in her last appearence.

the aesop here is, do not ever allow nitou to use your bike.

so, wait, they blame the girl because the boy used her bike without asking first? i understand the mother's stand, but the kid was the one who used and destroyed the girl's new bike, and it was the driver the one who ran him over. if anything, the driver should be the one in trouble.
Last edited by locuas on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

Lunagel wrote:Okay, as a female, I want a female Rider that is cool, kicks ass, and has a suit that clearly states she is female without being overly cutesy. Femme was pretty much the perfect female Rider except that she lasted all of 30 minutes which is LAME. Kivaala and Nadeshiko fall on the "overly cutesy" and generally "useless" side of the spectrum since quite often they exist only to get kidnapped. Also, Nadeshiko's sound effects drive me bonkers. Every other punch she gives has a harp chord or a "ding!" and it's fucking irritating.
That.

About the toys/money/budget thing... dunno.
The amount of stuff they introduced could already hold up an exclusive shop so maybe they simply didn't care.

...and yeah I missed the red line on the front but that still looks like a skirt.
You're doing unisex wrong Toei.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

locuas wrote:
Spoiler
Kuuga mega ultimate forms
Spoiler
Rising Forms were in the 20s and Ultimate first got introduced in the 30s. (Unless you mean Amazing Mighty form which did appear once near the end....)

I was talking about new riders in general though, not new forms.
Tomos
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Languages/singing

Post by Tomos »

Darkwings wrote:I'm actually impressed that Mage's outfit isn't white/pink with hearts and glitters all over.
It could be way better of course, but not being feminine isn't the reason why it sucks. It's just poorly designed and that skirt is atrocious.

The whole "being a female is her only defining trait" thing has already been discussed to death in any possible way; I'm glad that they gave her a solid personal agenda (avenging her sister seems quite a serious and different one from the other 2 riders) and some sort of back story to justify her transformation.

As long as she's not a cardboard figure I'm fine.
I agree. I personally thought female Ixa was really good because she was used a lot and it was a character we knew. I think saying that it can't look like a man whereas the male suits could translate to women is pretty bad. If you look at the male characters in Shugo Chara most of their outfits would translate to a female fairly well.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”