My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Wizard 41 released

Post by Alessar »

Lunagel wrote:

Code: Select all

平成9年10月22日 - October 22, 1997
桐山京子 - Kiriyama Kyoko
This is probably the date of marriage. It's pretty clear Fueki Kyoko is his wife.
. . . .

Bringing in his wife is pretty significant. Now, I don't think she's dead. Just having her killed by a Phantom would be a good catalyst but not a great one. My bet is that she is actually Wiseman and he accidentally created her by mucking around with magic so now he feels responsible.
My current theory is that the wife died and was partially, imperfectly resurrected as KOYOMI-chan.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

I doubt that seeing as Koyomi is only like 17 yo the most by appearance. And Fueki is not even in his 30's by appearance.

I bet after Rinko sees the data Kizaki just got, she and Haruto will bang their head, screaming:

"We spent an entire night searching for him through faces eventhough he already told us his name is Fueki??? How stupid we are???"
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

It looks like we're finally at the main plot, I wonder if they will continue with the phantom of the biweek or will they concentrate on the plot from now to the end?

Gremlin sure has been a very, very busy detective behind the scenes. He definitely already knows things about Wiseman and White Wizard, now we just need for him to feed it to Haruto (and us) one piece at a time.

Also, on Mayu's generic mage form... although the suit is generic, but at least the suit actor's mannerism still has a feminine hint to it... or at least that's what I see.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

toni2212 wrote:I doubt that seeing as Koyomi is only like 17 yo the most by appearance. And Fueki is not even in his 30's by appearance.
According to that database he was born on September 27, 1962 so he's 50.
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

Phoenix512 wrote:Looking at the White Mage, he reminds me of Eternal with the Ring Holders strapped on his chest like Eternal had for the Gaia Memories.
It took me a while to realize it but those don't actually seem to be ring holders on White Wizard's chest. They're all "filled in" as opposed to slots and they all show the exact same design, which doesn't seem to correspond with any rings we've seen. The same things can also been seen on his weapon in this episode. I think it's just a decorative thing and, as far as I can tell, he doesn't seem to have any visible ring holder on his person.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

So, yea, totally looking like White Mage is doing a total Shroud, in that he's likely gonna try and sacrifice mages 'for the better good' and it's up to Wizard to achieve a better result without sacrificing them... Least that's if White Wizard doesn't turn out to be Wiseman which while unlikely, isn't 0% likely.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kamen Rider Unknown »

JustiFan wrote:
Phoenix512 wrote:Looking at the White Mage, he reminds me of Eternal with the Ring Holders strapped on his chest like Eternal had for the Gaia Memories.
It took me a while to realize it but those don't actually seem to be ring holders on White Wizard's chest. They're all "filled in" as opposed to slots and they all show the exact same design, which doesn't seem to correspond with any rings we've seen. The same things can also been seen on his weapon in this episode. I think it's just a decorative thing and, as far as I can tell, he doesn't seem to have any visible ring holder on his person.
No those are "Ring Holders" as confirmed by Kamen Rider Wiki:
While Wizard's and Beast's ring holders are at the left side of their belts, the White Wizard has two ring holders, located on both sides of his chest akin to chest strap holsters. http://kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/Fueki

Click on photo to enlarge it.
Last edited by Kamen Rider Unknown on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Kamen Rider Wiki: Definitive!
chcoman123
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
My boom: Vidya Gams
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero! - Kamen Rider Double

Post by chcoman123 »

Sorry what took me so long. I'm currently on vacation in Hershey Park, so I've been busy. But, I finally got around to watching this episode.

Mayu + Haru = AWESOME FIGHT SCENE! Seriously, that fight was AWESOME. Also, I'm glad that they didn't kill of Mayu...yet. I have a feeling she will stay throughout the rest of the show until the end, in which she will die. She, however, has become awesome.

I'm glad that the kid decided not to be a mage in the end, although I was a little upset that he didn't give into despair, simply because we have yet to see what happens when one does fall into despair. Regardless, I thought that the kid was actually kinda smart in that decision. High schoolers I'm ok with; we had a whole series with them being Riders; but Middle schoolers in just too young.

I'm glad we FINALLY got to see White Wizard fight....well, curbstomp is more like it. Poor Beast got OWNED. I'm pretty sure that Fueki is up to no good now, I have a prediction that when they get all the mages they need, they will all be dead. I'm wondering though, why Beast is not needed for his plan. Also, how does Haruto fit into his plan? Mage is very different from Wizard, So I'm wondering why they are different and how this will all fall into place.

Also, Kizaki is dead....kidnapped...mysteriously vanished....regardless, I'm not too sure how to feel about this, but I finally decided that I'm nervous. It's very quite obvious that Fueki and Kizaki have history, or at least Kizaki knows him. It's also pretty clear that Fueki doesn't want anyone to find out about him...but I'm unsure why.

Overall, REALLY good episode. Probably one of the most story heavy ones yet. I can't wait to see what this will all result to.
Gottis
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: UM SNAKE DAD
Favorite Actor?: Inukai Atsuhiro
My boom: Making music videos!
Quote: We're the Heroes of Our Time

Post by Gottis »

Well, Kizaki is my favorite character (weird, I know) so I am NERVOUS right now. (And torn between if I want him to die because of story purposes or if I want him to live because BABY ;~; ) And my theory is that Koyomi is Fueki's daughter. Hasn't anyone thought about that possibility? Maybe he wants a second Sabbath because he wants to make her 'alive' again?
Finished: All Heisei
Watching: Zi-O
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

butyoumight wrote:
Kamen Rider Unknown wrote:I can't wait to see what he meant by 'arch-type' wizard. :?:
archetype = "Primordial image, character, or pattern of circumstances that recurs throughout literature and thought consistently enough to be considered universal."

He means ancient, primarily, but also I think a Mage that has an original and personal source of magic that has nothing to do with being a Gate.

At this point, I'm wondering of Khimaira is even a Phantom. I know they call him that, but is that definitely canonically proven to be true? He doesn't function like any other Phantom we've seen.
dunno if this was said yet, but in my opinion he seems plenty like a phantom. however, he seems more like the phantom version of the contract beasts from Ryuki. basically the same as the enemy monsters, magically bound by a contract, their form gives form to the user's powers and weapons, and will basically work for them provided they are fed more of their kind, and if not satisfied, they turn on the user and eat them.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I saw every twist in this episode coming (saw it from 2003, they telegraphed it so blatantly), and yet this was probably the best episode of Wizard so far. When the show made it really obvious the direction was blocking Kizaki from seeing their composite sketch of Fueki last episode or so, I knew immediately he would know who the guy is and it would be a big deal. When this kid was hinted in the preview last week saying he didn't want to be a mage, I knew Fueki wouldn't give a damn. About the only thing I didn't see coming was Mayu surviving, trololol

I feel kind of bad for the dude playing Kizaki. He's been strung along this entire series with random scenes in random episodes, and just as he finally becomes relevant to the plot, he's neutralized. We'll probably see him again, I can't imagine they'll start killing off humans this late in the series, but it's still kind of derpy.
banban
IXA
Favorite series: KAMEN RIDERs
2nd Favorite Series: SENTAIs, ULTRAMANs
Dreamy: Wakana Matsumoto
Favorite Band: Laruku, AniMetal
My boom: FRUIT/VEGGIE SALAD

Post by banban »

...and the twist of this series?
Spoiler
...White Mage is also Wiseman :mrgreen:
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

I used to think so, but White Wizard say he want to destroy all Phantoms and Wiseman say he want to create more. But maybe it's just facades.

I liked Mayu's return and the fact that she isn't antagonizing Haruto & Co. In fact, Haruto may know more of him than Mayu since he knows he's human form and Mayu doesn't seem to.

I was cautious about WW since a while, but now I'm pretty sure that they'll need to beat him too.

Preview
Spoiler
Sora know where WW is? And it seem like he's spying WM a lot, but there were also Kerberos spying WM and Sora, so maybe Sora will follow Kerberos and find WW.
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Leonsagara »

I really liked the Haruto/Nitou team up against Silphi and their decision to use Wind against Wind. How did WW find out that Kizaki was looking into him so fast? Spells to protect his identity? Anyway, now WW's motives are finally becoming clear, although it was a bit obvious he wasn't entirely an ally from his mysterious way of acting.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”