Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

Kousuke and a cruiseferry!

Post by Enter the Meteor »

Now, my view: It was great, Sora was in it! Kousuke wanting to see the White Wizard was big! Did anyone else find the fact that a cruiseferry passed behind Mayu and then Kousuke said that he was on board with Sora idea was funny?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Koyomi.

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Enter the Meteor wrote:1. Detecting Phantoms.
Yeah, and Kotaro's stupid milk obsession came up way more times that that has. :V
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

Re: Koyomi.

Post by Enter the Meteor »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
Enter the Meteor wrote:1. Detecting Phantoms.
Yeah, and Kotaro's stupid milk obsession came up way more times that that has. :V
It still does not make it any more valid.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito

Re: KR Wizard 42 released

Post by Dengar »

Also she needs Haruto's mana to survive.

What, dependability on another character is not "useful" from a narrative sense or something?
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Dengar wrote:Also she needs Haruto's mana to survive.

What, dependability on another character is not "useful" from a narrative sense or something?
is it used to advance the character's development in any way? if the answer is no, then it is not useful from a narrative sense.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

locuas wrote:
Dengar wrote:Also she needs Haruto's mana to survive.

is it used to advance the character's development in any way? if the answer is no, then it is not useful from a narrative sense.
It's used to advance HARUTO'S development, which is a whole other can of worms.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Yeah, it's really unfortunate how Koyomi is basically a non-person. Wataru is a very tertiary character, he's just the old man, the ring-maker. But there's nothing wrong with that, because the show doesn't sit there teasing that he's any more important than this function. Meanwhile, Koyomi is handed to Haruto along with his belt and rings. She's clearly important and yet hardly anything has been done with her. She's only becoming a thing to dwell upon now, at the final storyline.

It's really poor writing, which seems to be the actual motif of Kamen Rider Wizard. Joyless, shallow writing.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i know the "completely dependent on another character" can be pulled off if done correctly. the only example i can think off right now is chachamaru from negima and monster princess, but yeah, koyomi was wasted in this series.
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kamen Rider Unknown »

dancercotillion wrote:Yeah, it's really unfortunate how Koyomi is basically a non-person. Wataru is a very tertiary character, he's just the old man, the ring-maker. But there's nothing wrong with that, because the show doesn't sit there teasing that he's any more important than this function. Meanwhile, Koyomi is handed to Haruto along with his belt and rings. She's clearly important and yet hardly anything has been done with her. She's only becoming a thing to dwell upon now, at the final storyline.

It's really poor writing, which seems to be the actual motif of Kamen Rider Wizard. Joyless, shallow writing.
Thank You. :D My thoughts exactly. :) Which is a shame because this show could've been waaaaay better had they had another writer writing it. I found it extremely funny that Haruto never once ask The White Wizard, who is the girl you left with me? Wataru owns a antique shop, we would've thought he'd been a knowledgeable and wise old man. Which would've played out great with the "magic theme" of the show. I thought that was going to be his character, for the simple fact he makes the rings. And he says the stones talks to him as he shapes and turns them into rings. So what the hell :? Koyomi after 41 episodes of being the one who calls Haruto when she spots a phantom in her crystal ball. Now they want to bring her background story to light. Better late then never, but they could've gave us little teasers about it through out the season. They gave us Beast,The Wizard, Rinko, and Shunpei background stories in one episode.

And another thing. :mrgreen: Who taught Haruto how to use magic? The White Wizard had to teach Mayu, so how did he learn how to use magic?

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”