Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Wizard 42 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Wizard_42

Oh 42, you may be the answer to life, but that's no reason to give us a riddle-popping Sphinx this episode!

I like how the little girl is obviously Koyomi.

I'm liking how there's something going on all the fronts. Nitou is looking for Yuzuru. Rinko is looking for Kizaki (wtf police chief, do you really have to pick your nose on camera). Even Shunpei is kind of useful by guarding the Gate.

I'm surprised Mayu is in this episode too. It seemed like she'd just pop in from episode to episode, but she semes like a full on regular character. Good.

The ring is called the ring of hope? I guess... that's one thing you can call it.

I like Sphinx's mask design, but his body armor is kind of weird.

What? Did Wizard let Sphinx nonchalantly walk off? Why do you do this, Haruto?!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Wizard 42 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I'm a bit surprised that Rinko still got her promotion into Department 0. I thought she would get screwed out of it but it's nice that she still got it. Haruto and Nitou switched roles in this episode with Nitou actually doing the main plot while Haruto gets the MoTW even though it does a significance to the main plot. I'm glad Toei didn't hint at all that this episode is an important Koyomi episode. Speaking of Koyomi, did she remember her name was Koyomi or did the White Mage tell her that her name was Koyomi? I don't remember that part or not.

As for Haruto may leaving Sphinx off the hook, I think Sphinx did his teleport thing earlier in the episode but off-screen. I don't think it's intentional that the fights end oddly like that. I think Haruto is afraid having another Phantom attacking the Gate and doesn't want to leave the Gate unprotected for so long.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Phoenix512 wrote:I'm a bit surprised that Rinko still got her promotion into Department 0. I thought she would get screwed out of it but it's nice that she still got it. Haruto and Nitou switched roles in this episode with Nitou actually doing the main plot while Haruto gets the MoTW even though it does a significance to the main plot. I'm glad Toei didn't hint at all that this episode is an important Koyomi episode. Speaking of Koyomi, did she remember her name was Koyomi or did the White Mage tell her that her name was Koyomi? I don't remember that part or not.

As for Haruto may leaving Sphinx off the hook, I think Sphinx did his teleport thing earlier in the episode but off-screen. I don't think it's intentional that the fights end oddly like that. I think Haruto is afraid having another Phantom attacking the Gate and doesn't want to leave the Gate unprotected for so long.
Yeah I'm really glad I didn't see Koyomi's involvement coming. These shows are often quite predictable so this was nice for a change.

As you've said, Nitou is dealing with the main plot. For me that just helps bring everything in Wizard so far together: the main plot with the White Wizard/Phantoms, Nitou's link to the main plot, Sora's games, Mayu seeking revenge, the mystery of Koyomi and Haruto's connection with all of these. For me that was what Wizard was lacking; something to bring everything together. And finally exactly this has happened.

This was such a great episode. I'm particularly glad to see Water Dragon back into action; for some reason I never get tired of Haruto's water forms.

Rinko's conversation with her old boss was very funny, especially Rinko's facial expressions.

Oh Sora, that "Hello~" was just so perfectly timed, but what are you really planning? Must be something against Wiseman, considering the ironic "all for Wiseman's sake" in the conversation with Medusa.

Can't wait for next week.
Behold the Emperor!
Merisusa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: PGSM / Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze / Gokaiger
Dreamy: Nephrite / Yumeria
Favorite Actor?: Masato Wada
Favorite Band: Yuzu / Daft Punk
My boom: Gekiga
Quote: We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. -Oscar Wilde

Post by Merisusa »

They really are setting up the pins this week... Looking forward to them being knocked down and getting some explanations in the coming episodes. I really like that they are finally doing something with Koyomi. Just hoping that the resolution is as satisfying as the setup. I really hope that Kizaki isn't dead.

What was with the strange half glasses on the human Sphinx? Could the actor not wear a monocle? Also was anyone else bothered by the wonky footage of Sora walking on top of that wood frame? It completely killed the moment, but maybe it was just me. :?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

The half glasses thing is more of a fashion thing because I seen it in a recent anime with a high school girl wearing half glasses as well. And I forgot about the disjointness of Sora walking on the roof. I can understand why they need to green screen it but they could have done a better job of it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Huh, I didn't notice his monocle was just half glasses. Never seen that before.
Klanoyt
Mega
Favorite series: Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: All Kamen Riders
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Klanoyt »

Koyomi is really the biggest puzzle in the series. I just like her being a poker face. Her lips give off different reactions but her eyes are empty like she only reacts on situations simply because that's the normal reaction. And I'm voting Shunpei as the best mage supporter awardee.

We're getting closer and closer to the end... makes me feel sad. No idea who's gonna be next though. :p
TheZen
Adventure
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Natsumi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
My boom: DragonRanger

Post by TheZen »

Anyone else having audio issues with the SD version? I tried with both MPC and VLC but neither are detecting an audio track.

-EDIT: 720p version is working just fine, did a forced re-check on the SD and still no audio.
No nuts, no donuts.
theasiancleric
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by theasiancleric »

TheZen wrote:Anyone else having audio issues with the SD version? I tried with both MPC and VLC but neither are detecting an audio track.

-EDIT: 720p version is working just fine, did a forced re-check on the SD and still no audio.

I also got the SD version and have no audio output. The commercial video had audio, but the actual episode didn't
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

A new SD version will be out in a couple of hours.

Edit: New SD version is out now/
ShotaroxPhillip
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: w,ooo,kiva,den-o
2nd Favorite Series: fourze,kuuga,agito
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by ShotaroxPhillip »

i find it really funny when they hit the climax and then you think they will just go straight forwards and then this twist.... I really wonder and have been for a while is white wizard playing both sides of the fence or what.???? as for Koyomi well that has been bugging me since I saw her in the first episode
ShotaroxPhillip
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

So my Koyomi theory from last week is wrong, but I've got a new one...

This series has always reminded me of Faiz for some reason, something about the Orphenochs and the Phantoms seems familiar. But, the Orphenocs were a species, even if one died in battle it might spawn a couple more through its convert-or-die maneouver, and they were as a species trying to survive. The higher ups were desperate for that to happen.

The phantoms aren't like that, they have no collective goal and are just being brow-beaten by Wiseman into compliance. Think about Phoenix, Medusa, and Gremlin and their motivations... and the thing is week after week phantoms are dying in attempts to spawn new ones and they've never succeeded and Wiseman doesn't care. And there's a reason for that.

Wiseman doesn't give a shit about the phantoms. Wiseman only cares about making mages. The phantoms are the expendable leftovers.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I have been generally dissatisfied with the pacing of Wizard so far, so I'm glad to see the plot is finally kicking into gear. Too many episodes up until now have just been outright filler, or at least things that weren't all that important in the long run.

Similarly, it's nice to see Haruto finally pick up the pace. He's so calm at times that it's almost too much.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I do like how Haruto acknowledged that the Gate would do something stupid and leave, so he followed him. To be fair, we all knew what was going to happen.
TheZen
Adventure
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Natsumi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
My boom: DragonRanger

Post by TheZen »

I just wish they would make the show have such story-filled content in more episodes. At this rate, I'm more inclined to just waiting until just before a show ends to begin even caring about it. A lot of seasonal anime is like this as well; a few episodes in the beginning to explain the general premise, then a lot of filler-type events until just before the show ends and then story bombshells drop all over the place. I'd kill for a ring/spell that would circumvent this.

"Story! Please!"
No nuts, no donuts.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”