Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: KR Wizard 44 released

Post by Kamen Rider Unknown »

OOOKaiser wrote:
Kamen Rider Unknown wrote:Why did Haruto start chasing Fueki 'familiar' then suddenly stop chasing it? That didn't make sense to me. :?
He obviously lost sight of it. Come on man get ur head out of your butt.
LOL, that's what I told your mom when she asked me that same question. :lol: Now go re-watch the episode. After I did, it was shown that the 'familiar' had disappeared Einstein. :P
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

May We Reach a Compromise?

Post by Enter the Meteor »

OOOKaiser wrote:
Kamen Rider Unknown wrote:
He obviously lost sight of it. Come on man get ur head out of your butt.
LOL, that's what I told your mom when she asked me that same question. :lol: Now go re-watch the episode. After I did, it was shown that the 'familiar' had disappeared Einstein. :P
While I agree that the last part of "OOOKaiser"'s post was unnecessary, you should have not have even made the first statement you did, "Kamen Rider Unknown". But, you must agree that he did make a valid statement. Haurto lost sigh of Black Cerberus because it disappeared. Maybe it just scampered away while Wizard was running to the top of the set of stairs?
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Footage, My Take and Translational Choices!

Post by Leonsagara »

Enter the Meteor wrote:
dgk3593 wrote:Phoenix appears in the preview of next episode. Now what does that mean, I wonder.
Translational choice question: When Koyoki says "Nani" to Haurto, why did you guys change it to "Whats wrong?"? Doesn't "Nani" just mean "What?". If it was "Whats wrong?", would it not be ""Doushita?"
Probably because of the context of the situation.
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

"Nani?" Vs. "Doushite?"

Post by Enter the Meteor »

Leonsagara wrote:
Enter the Meteor wrote:
Translational choice question: When Koyoki says "Nani" to Haurto, why did you guys change it to "Whats wrong?"? Doesn't "Nani" just mean "What?". If it was "Whats wrong?", would it not be ""Doushita?"
Probably because of the context of the situation.
May I ask for the context? Is it that Koyomi sees that something is wrong; we are able to tell that based on her tone and her facial expression. If it is indeed that, she wants to know the root of the issue; what is specifically bothering him.

Personally, I ask "What?" to someone all the time when they give me a funny look. If the writer wants Koyomi to ask "Whats wrong?", that writer would have her say "Doushite?".

EDIT: I meant to put "Doushita?" instead of "Doushite?", opps!
Last edited by Enter the Meteor on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
XerBlade
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Faiz
Dreamy: Tatsulot
Favorite Actor?: Ishida Akira
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Kamen Rider Meteorologist! I will decide your forecast!
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by XerBlade »

I am getting some strange foreshadowing vibes of a reveal that the Phantom is actually a man. I'm trying to swat them out of my head now.
Watching
Kamen Rider: Saber

Complete
Kamen Rider: All Black and later
Sentai: Shinkenger,Gokaiger,Magic Kaito VS Detective Conan
Garo: All
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

this was a GREAT filler episode(or maybe i should call it breath episode, since filler tends to have a bad conotation). it did everything it should do before the series goes full march into the main plot. it let us see the characters be themselves and remind us about plot details that could be forgotten or that we miss if we missed some episodes.
the teacher was a great VOTW, he was not annoying, he was not there to waste time talking about his life problems until haruto destroyed the phantom AND he was a better character from haruto's past than Bitchy Mcbitch(i'm enjoying this nickname a little too much...), not to mention that he acted as a human fucking being.
Having medusa confront wiseman about gremlin was a great character moment. we had been having medusa clearly annoyed by having gremlin as her superior, so this confrontation makes sense. and wiseman gives a reasonable explanation.

Nitou:"besides fighting phantoms, i can't think of a thing i can do for others", that's it! that is a summary of beast's entire role in the series so far!

siren is a great MOTW, with this ability to make men do what she wants, without going into incredibly broken. and focusing only on what was holding the gate's hope instead of just attacking and finding out later.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: "Nani?" Vs. "Doushite?"

Post by Lunagel »

Enter the Meteor wrote:Personally, I ask "What?" to someone all the time when they give me a funny look. If the writer wants Koyomi to ask "Whats wrong?", that writer would have her say "Doushite?".
"Nani" is more flexible than our English "What", it can be used either way.

Also, "doushite" means "why".
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

I see Sora somehow stealing the philosopher stone now that he knows that Wiseman doesn't intend to give him it. But at the same time I can also seeing him getting a curb stomp beating as he enacts some plan to steal it.

I guess the new big question is what's up with koyomi's hand exactly, I mean it's safe to assume she's dying but the question is what's killing her. my guess is her bodies just breaking down and that's what fueki needs four mages for.

funny, I guess it's just normal for some reason to assume somebody looking down from a bridge at the water is planning to jump because I got the same response the first time I ever walked across a bridge except nobody grabbed me. Just yelled don't jump and kept going.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
ShadowThePika
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 1
Dreamy: GokaiYellow
Favorite Band: Crush 40
My boom: Sonic Adventure 2
Quote: "It all starts with this. A jewel containing the ultimate power."

Post by ShadowThePika »

hello everyone, first time poster on the forums (but I've been a lurker since... what was it, Fourze? I definitely remember Gokaiger threads). Anyways, onto the comment that made me want to make an account just to share...

I am pitching the idea that Koyomi is a phantom, or she is withholding one in her body, and the magical energy is to make it have the strength to come out, because maybe her Phantom got suppressed by White Wizard until the time he needed it. considering she is being using up energy quickly, which she needs to live (like Khimaria and Kousuke. There's alot of K names in this show.) and perhaps her ability to control that side is getting weaker. Just my speculation.

Episode itself is the perfect episode to demonstrate the tropes that people hate about Wizard (which I do not personally mind as much as others); donut lady being annoying, the phantoms having the lamest and half assed excuses for leaving, and Haruto just giving up whenever he gives chase. That and the phantom was REALLY predictable. The regular phantom fight felt kinda lazy, perhaps to make us focus more on the big picture story.
what people want to do to me after talking to me...

http://www.youtube.com/shadowthepika, for whenever I post content on it.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

How are you supposed to give chase to someone when they teleported away from the area? It's not like Star Trek where the characters have sensors to detect teleportation. Seiren was being smart and striking when the time is right. You guys are so used to seeing bad writing that you instantly go to the same well when that's not the case at all.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's nice that we have a normal like phantom for once. Getting sick of the ones with the crazy human forms.
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kamen Rider Unknown »

Enter the Meteor wrote: While I agree that the last part of "OOOKaiser"'s post was unnecessary, you should have not have even made the first statement you did, "Kamen Rider Unknown". But, you must agree that he did make a valid statement. Haurto lost sigh of Black Cerberus because it disappeared. Maybe it just scampered away while Wizard was running to the top of the set of stairs?
Enter the Meteor, are you a moderator? Who do you think you are telling me what I should or should not do? I'm twice as old as him and you and have been watching the Kamen Rider series. Way before your fathers, produced the sperm cells that made you guys. Now his comment was unnecessary and I responded in the manner that I felt appropriate. He made his point and I made mine. End of story.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many Phantoms did that ritual make exactly? Why is it that they only go after one gate at a time? Wouldn't it be more effective if Medusa locate at least 10 gates. Then have 10 Phantoms go after those 10 gates. The Wizards would be overwhelmed for sure. Because we have still yet to see a phantom actually get made and for "Wiseman" to be the Leader of the Phantoms. He sure is cool about it. Which also makes me wonder, how did Wiseman become the leader of the Phantoms in the first place?
FaeQueenCory
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider ΑgitΩ
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Favorite Band: Kiryu
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: H0mestuck
Quote: FAA: i think
FAA: it was m0re likely just an0ther inevitability
FAA: a pr0duct 0f c0llusi0n between the disparate f0rces at play
FAA: a bargain struck between what skaia kn0ws already and what the g0ds demand up fr0nt
FAA: t0gether they 0rchestrate trials sufficient t0 ensure
FAA: that in 0verc0ming them we w0uld be pr0ven w0rthy
FAA: 0f inheriting the ultimate reward

Post by FaeQueenCory »

Just a quick translation question/comment: I know she clearly says se-i-re-n... but isn't that just a poor romanji of "Siren"... Given that every phantom so far has been "western", shouldn't she be subbed as "Siren-sama" during her reveal? (it's Seiren-sama in the 1080 release)

EDIT:
Kamen Rider Unknown wrote: How many Phantoms did that ritual make exactly? Why is it that they only go after one gate at a time? Wouldn't it be more effective if Medusa locate at least 10 gates. Then have 10 Phantoms go after those 10 gates. The Wizards would be overwhelmed for sure. Because we have still yet to see a phantom actually get made and for "Wiseman" to be the Leader of the Phantoms. He sure is cool about it. Which also makes me wonder, how did Wiseman become the leader of the Phantoms in the first place?
LoL aside from the simple: we need 50 episodes excuse....
I'm pretty damn sure that Wiseman is Fueki is White Mage... and the reason he's going about it singularly is because the intent isn't to make more phantoms, it's to make more mages. Phantoms are just the failures who couldn't become arrancar mages.
And the reason he's doing this is because he's realized his mistake during the last Eclipse (the real one) wherein the offerings became phantoms (and one mage)...
He wants to revive his daughter who died from the same sickness his wife died from... last time he brought back her form but not her soul (or whatever they want to say for Koyomi's current incarnation), this time, with the use of many mages and the artificial eclipse... he plans on fully reviving Koyomi.
(He also will probably sacrifice Gremlin and Medusa in place of the humans he sacrificed last time, but I can't say for sure if that will be the case...)
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

A quick Wikipedia check suggests Seiren is merely a rendition more alike the original Greek.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

http://www.theoi.com/Pontios/Seirenes.html

Who says owner is annoying? I think she's highly amusing still.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”