< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >
meljta
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai and Riders
Favorite Actor?: Junya Ikeda
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japon
Quote: Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reings, yet by the blade of knights, maikind was given hope.
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Wizard 45 released

Post by meljta »

it´s similar to me too...
and Sora is a very intelligent phantom, i think that Fueki don't expect that....
One more week to wait!!
We are the two-in-oneKamen Rider
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kamen Rider Unknown »

kamenriderotaku wrote:Also, does Mage's Henshin sequence remind anyone of Kyuryuger?

Yeah it does. :D
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

I love the sensei "it's just a fucking toy! what is wrong with you people! i overcame the grief state of mi kid's death a long time ago! i'm not gonna became a monster just because someone break it". altough it is sad that i have to compliment a character for having a brain(not for the "just a toy thing" but for overall acting like a reasonable human being).

well, i can't complain aobut mayu's appearence anymore, can i? i'm glad she finally is not wearing the school uniform.

i wasn't fond of the kid subplot. it's not the kid or the father that bother me, i just could not care for it(also, i don't see anything wrong with an adult having a collection of toys he does not allow his kid to play with, after all, collecting rare items is a well respected hobby). maybe because we already had this plot during fire dragon's debut. but whatever.

I would have loved if the father turns out was a gate, and destroying the plane drove him to despair.
zeta_gundam wrote:Oh yeah, why didn't Haruto run out of magic this time? He seemed to have use a lot on Koyomi.
Because he used the dragon ring, which used dragon's magic instead of haruto's.

Yes, listen to rinko, she believed in someone once, and in doing so, she accidentally convinced him to go crazy and attack people.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

locuas wrote:
zeta_gundam wrote:Oh yeah, why didn't Haruto run out of magic this time? He seemed to have use a lot on Koyomi.
Because he used the dragon ring, which used dragon's magic instead of haruto's.

I always thought Haruto was using Dragon's mana from the beginning? Or am I wrong.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

OOOKaiser wrote:
locuas wrote: Because he used the dragon ring, which used dragon's magic instead of haruto's.

I always thought Haruto was using Dragon's mana from the beginning? Or am I wrong.
the way i understood it, Haruto has his own magic that does not come from dragon, that he keeps by eating a lot of sugar, while dragon is an aparently limitless fountain of magic, with the problem being that using too much of dragon's power could be dangerous for haruto.
to put it simple, i see it like if this was naruto and the kyuubi.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

locuas wrote:i wasn't fond of the kid subplot. it's not the kid or the father that bother me, i just could not care for it(also, i don't see anything wrong with an adult having a collection of toys he does not allow his kid to play with, after all, collecting rare items is a well respected hobby). maybe because we already had this plot during fire dragon's debut. but whatever.
You missed the point completely with the subplot. It's not because of the father has a collection of toys that he doesn't want his son to play. It's the whole point that the father doesn't seem to want to play with his son instead of his toys. This subplot is different from the one in the Fire Dragon debut episode because there the kid hated the fact that his parents wasn't around compared to the parent was around but refuses to do anything with him.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

you are probably right there. still, i don't hate it, i just don't care for it.
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

I didn't get Shunpei saying nitou was acting differently, I mean sure he fllowed Sora to where the white mage was with mayu and Rinko but really was that such a bad idea, I mean Sora's never really displayed any desire to go out of his way and fight them anyway and even if it had been a trap he still would of had Mayu for back up, not to mention the fact that he did just chase off the phantom who was about to try and drive Haruto's teacher to despair. Totally got him saying that to Haruto though, as he did just try and use his teacher as bait for the white mage.

also kinda feel like they drug their feet with the final battle for this week and actually thought siren would survive into next.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
chcoman123
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Vidya Gams
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero! - Kamen Rider Double

Post by chcoman123 »

Sorry I haven't been around much. Even though it's summer for me, I'm still busy...doing...nothing...ANYWAYS the episode. Pretty good all things considered.

For once we had: a likable gate; good character development for Haruto; Shunpei ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING (OMGWTFBBQIGHWEIGHWIHGREHRE); and really good development for the villians, along with plot bits here and there.

To be honest, the fact that Mayu changed out of her school clothing confused me at first, because she really looks an awful lot like Medusa with her hair down. Her hair being up helped us signify the difference. It's kinda annoying. Regardless, it was still nice to see her fight again before she inevitably get killed.

FINALLY the gate is smart (although he IS a teacher) and likable! He actually gets over the thing that's supporting him and even destroys it himself. He also had a really good relationship with Haruto, which I liked alot. I didn't care for the subplot much. It felt too generic and wasn't very well acted or written in my opinion.

I'm glad we FINALLY have an idea as to why Gremlin wants the Philosopher's Stone (From here on out, I'm gonna call it the PS, because I'm lazy). He just wants to be human again, which is totally understandable, considering what we found out about him in his own episode. He could care less about this Phantom and Gate business. He just wants to go back to the everyday psycho-path serial killer that he always was. I'm also wondering what this will amount to. If Wiseman isn't going to give the PS to Sora, then will he betray him? Will this affect his relationship with Medusa? I NEED TO KNOW NAO.

Also, I'm pretty sure at this point that Koyomi is the PS. She's gotten enough mana, and is now degenerating into the PS. All i'm wondering is how she is the PS. We saw in the flashback with her and Fueki that she used to be pretty human. How'd she lose her memories and become the PS? Like I said, I MUST KNOW NAO!

Anyways, all-in-all, really good episode. It's sad that Wizard is almost over. I really enjoyed it. Probably one of my favorites of the Neo-Heisei. What I am...sort-of not looking forward to is Gaim. I wonder how it will do in comparison to Wizard, and how their Movie War will be like.
Last edited by chcoman123 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skull Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Other rider series
Favorite Band: Maximum The Hormone
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Funya~

Post by Skull Rider »

*Ting!*
Huh? Is the stove on?
LOL!!!
Completed : V3, Amazon, Black, Black RX, ZX, Shin, J, ZO, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I don't think there's any doubt now that Koyomi is the philosopher's stone, am I wrong?
kamenriderotaku
7X
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: GOOOOOOOKAIGER!
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Shu
Favorite Band: Weird Al
My boom: Making KR Suits
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by kamenriderotaku »

In all forms and in the first writings of the philosopher stone, it's creations required human sacrifice. Now this has varied from 1 to 100 lives but it has always required the life of someone. Perhaps he was trying to use Koyomi's mother as the sacrifice for the stone but Koyomi didn't want her father hurting her mom and interrupted it somehow and she became the medium for the stone her mother's life was taken for. Her frail body was then stressed beyond it's capabilities and she was reduced to the doll like state. While Fueki kept her alive since, when he saw Dragon's Gate become worthy of becoming a mage, he figured, he could store up his own magic while feeding on the dragon's.
stalydan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Tendou (Kabuto)
Favorite Band: Versailles
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by stalydan »

locuas wrote:
OOOKaiser wrote:I always thought Haruto was using Dragon's mana from the beginning? Or am I wrong.
the way i understood it, Haruto has his own magic that does not come from dragon, that he keeps by eating a lot of sugar, while dragon is an aparently limitless fountain of magic, with the problem being that using too much of dragon's power could be dangerous for haruto.
to put it simple, i see it like if this was naruto and the kyuubi.
I've always understood it as Haruto was just drawing on Dragon for more power which is why he had to get him to agree to it before he could use the Dragon Styles. That's why he couldn't use DragoTime a few weeks ago against Raum because Wiseman drained him of his mana.

Episode was good although I was sad that Rinko got such a small part again. She's getting relegated to side character status again and it kind of bothers me since I thought the whole Section Zero thing would boost up her role.

I liked the Gate so much for this arc so I'm kind of sad to know he's probably not going to return as a mage.

The father and son thing was a little mixed. I know it was supposed to be saying that he spent more time collecting the rare toys than he did with his son but it felt like it was demonizing toy collector's because they won't let children play with them. I'd happily let my kids look at my collectable stuff but I wouldn't let them play with them. Maybe my henshin belts but only if I was there with them.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

The Phantom inside is called a ball/mass of magic. I don't think it'd be incorrect to assume that Dragon is the manifestation of Haruto's magic. If Dragon were gone, Haruto wouldn't be able to perform magic (wasn't this the story of one of the episodes?)
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

kamenriderotaku wrote:In all forms and in the first writings of the philosopher stone, it's creations required human sacrifice. Now this has varied from 1 to 100 lives but it has always required the life of someone. Perhaps he was trying to use Koyomi's mother as the sacrifice for the stone but Koyomi didn't want her father hurting her mom and interrupted it somehow and she became the medium for the stone her mother's life was taken for. Her frail body was then stressed beyond it's capabilities and she was reduced to the doll like state. While Fueki kept her alive since, when he saw Dragon's Gate become worthy of becoming a mage, he figured, he could store up his own magic while feeding on the dragon's.
In WoW it just required a few rare ingredients. O_o

Also, why the hell involve Koyomi's mother at this point?

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”