Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Wizard 45 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Wizard_45

I rather liked this episode. The heartfelt moments really seemed to hit the right notes for me. It felt pretty good to see that even Haruto nearly gave into temptation. And Shunpei acting as the voice of his conscience was really good. Shunpei doesn't get a lot of good moments to shine, so I'm glad he had one here.

When I thought Shou was being controlled, I thought that didn't make too much sense since he's just a little kid. So it worked a little better to me to see that he was just rebelling against his selfish father.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Wizard 45 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Seiren seem like she had a different outfit every time she appeared onscreen. I thought it was funny that Nitou actually told Haruto not to hold back on info even though he tends to stop people from telling him more. Yeah Fueki is really trying to draw Haruto away from Gates if Haruto has a debate about abandoning his beloved teacher. Shunpei really got a good moment to shine and deliver the hammer on Haruto and Nitou. It was interesting to see that Infinity has a second finisher attack to mix it up from huge axe of doom from that form.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>I thought it was funny that Nitou actually told Haruto not to hold back on info even though he tends to stop people from telling him more.

Yeah, if you listen to the Japanese, it's almost the exact same phrase. Too bad there wasn't a good way to flip it based on the English translation we used.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Sensei is such a great Gate. YES you can be your own hope, stop staking your entire life and existence on a fleeting object. WONDERFUL. Also I was so proud of Shunpei. I've said it before, I'll say it again: Shunpei is an excellent Civilian Wrangler. I actually love what his character represents as a non-Mage. While Rinko is often generally in charge of info gathering, Shunpei is often right in the thick of the danger, protecting in his own way, and I love that.

Also really appreciated Haurto pointedly asking Kousuke for his help.

And now, for the Sora Fangirl portion of the proceedings.

JUST TWO WEEKS AGO in the thread for eps 43, everyone was talking about their own pet theories about the progression of the plot, and I said:
butyoumight wrote:While we're talking about theories, my pet theory at the moment is that the Philosopher's Stone is meant to be used to grant human life/restore human life/however you want to put it. Bring someone back from the dead, so to speak. It's obvious why Fueki would want it, but why would Sora want it?

In my dream head, Sora wants to use it ON HIMSELF, destroying his Phantom half and returning to being properly Takigawa Sora. Literally the only thing I have going for this was Sora's line after dodging Infinity's Shining Strike: "We'll fight again after I've got the Philosopher's Stone". If the Stone isn't used to make one stronger, why would it be useful in this situation? Because Sora believes that Haruto won't kill a normal human!
I am admittedly a little startled that what I thought was kind of out there as far as theories go actually seems to be the canon direction they're taking this.

Spoiler
Of course, I have lost all hope that Sora's going to make it to the finale now, judging by next week's preview. We'll see!
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

This episode was great since it highlighted the importance of humans being strong by themselves, being their own hope and avoiding despair and not having to rely on a mage to save them. I love it when they try to pass across a message such as this.

As everyone said, Shunpei's role in this ep was possibly his best so far. I also enjoyed the parallel drawn between the kid and Haruto as a kid. And that parallel comparison was made even stronger and more realistic by Haruto's teacher.

Medusa encountering Nitou and being super serious. I like her when she's like that.

Mayu still can't beat Medusa but you can't really say she's lacking in her fighting skills.

Nice to see Haruto and Nitou co-operate, and as butyoumight has said it was even better seeing Haruto ask for help.

Second to last scene involves Koyomi saying she needs to become stronger - just what exactly are you planning on doing Koyomi?????
Behold the Emperor!
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

I didn't know Mage had a 'tail'. I just realised it.

Man, the teacher is awesome. I think of all the guest Gates, I like him the most. And the father is probably the guest I hate the most.

Darn, the PlaMonsters being able to combine like that is tempting me the toys. NOOOOOOOOO!

Oh yeah, why didn't Haruto run out of magic this time? He seemed to have use a lot on Koyomi.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I knew it, as I said last time the plane won't drive sensei's to despair. His concerns are on Haruto

Nice to see Haruto having some internal struggle. It seems the white mage is trying to speed up the creation of mages by distracting them from protecting the gates

Of the whole season, Shunpei is most useful in this episode. I feel that only him can deliver the lecture and hammer it in. Not even Rinko can deliver that punch
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Oh my god Shunpei did something useful for once. I may die of shock.

Is it bad I totally agreed with the father? Not the "not playing with my kid" part, cause you should totally play with your kids, but the "this is an adult toy and children do not touch it or play with it" part.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Lunagel wrote:Is it bad I totally agreed with the father? Not the "not playing with my kid" part, cause you should totally play with your kids, but the "this is an adult toy and children do not touch it or play with it" part.
It was particularly funny since you were recently joking about telling your future kid "MY TOY NOT YOURS" and "DON'T PLAY WITH THAT YOU'LL RUIN IT!". :lol:
Behold the Emperor!
Klanoyt
Mega
Favorite series: Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: All Kamen Riders
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Klanoyt »

My favorite Episode 45 "highlights..." :))

17:41 - 17:45 Medusa's costume needs repair. (just look around within that timeframe)
18:43 - 18:45 Clumsy gorilla familiar. :p
20:55 - 21:05 My new favorite Wizard finishing blow. (Reminds me of Den-O's hissatsu attack I don't know what number haha. Damn Momotaros lurking in Wizard's world!)
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The teacher was not and idiotic gate for once. Liked that.
FaeQueenCory
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider ΑgitΩ
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Favorite Band: Kiryu
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: H0mestuck
Quote: FAA: i think
FAA: it was m0re likely just an0ther inevitability
FAA: a pr0duct 0f c0llusi0n between the disparate f0rces at play
FAA: a bargain struck between what skaia kn0ws already and what the g0ds demand up fr0nt
FAA: t0gether they 0rchestrate trials sufficient t0 ensure
FAA: that in 0verc0ming them we w0uld be pr0ven w0rthy
FAA: 0f inheriting the ultimate reward

Post by FaeQueenCory »

oooooooo Sora.... I'm 98% sure that he reached the same conclusion that I did a few weeks back... hopefully either 46 or 47 will have him reveal the Truth... right before dying.
I'm fairly certain he's gonna be dead....
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I loved the episode when Wizard pulled a Momotaro's Hissatsu attack on Siren. Just six more episodes until its all over... Plus I hope Sora gets killed soon.
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kamen Rider Unknown »

Glad to see Mayu out of that school uniform. I was lol'n because her heshin sequence wasn't as "graceful" as the first time. :D By her wanting to be "stronger" does this means that she'll stay in the White Wizard's pocket a bit longer. I read a comment somewhere, were as the person said
Spoiler
he believed Koyomi is the Philosopher's Stone. Which is why the White Wizard left her with Haruto, so that it can grow and develop while being fed Haruto's manna. Look at how long he's been giving her his manna and with the cracks in her hand "shining red". That could be quite possible and would make a lot of sense. As to why the White Wizard left her with him in the first place.
Lunagel wrote:Oh my god Shunpei did something useful for once. I may die of shock.
Wait....where am I....did I pass-out....Shunpei....did something usefulll.... *Mister are you alright, wake-up mister, wake-up* :mrgreen:
Phoenix512 wrote:Seiren seem like she had a different outfit every time she appeared onscreen.
That's because she did have on a different outfit every time we saw her. I didn't know a phantom could be such a diva. :mrgreen:
kamenriderotaku
7X
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: GOOOOOOOKAIGER!
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Shu
Favorite Band: Weird Al
My boom: Making KR Suits
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by kamenriderotaku »

*Ding*

Is the stove on?

I love fourth wall breaking moments like that

Pla-Oh was awesome to see improved from the GarudaxGryphon combi.

Also, does Mage's Henshin sequence remind anyone of Kyuryuger?

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”