Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Wizard 46 released

Post by takenoko »

Don't know about kids specifically, but it looks like Wizard is consistently in the high 6's, sometimes dipping into the 5's in terms of viewership. Fourze had a 5.89% average rating by comparison.
UltimateCharge
Favorite series: Wizard/W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger/Dairanger
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto -swoon
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by UltimateCharge »

Oh really? That's great! I am really surprised because you'd naturally think it would be the opposite, i.e. Fourze with its themes of space, friendship and school vs. Wizard's despair, death and heroes being tortured internally by the very things that give them power.

Well . . . i'm not complaining! I'm glad.

On a side note, I would have loved it if at some point the four Riders of the series (Wizard, Beast, Mayu and Fueki) would have stood and fought side-by-side. But seeing how the story has unfolded, it's veeery unlikely.

Whenever there are multiple heroic suit toku characters in the same show (even though White Wizard has turned out now to be a bit of a crook), I want them all to at least fight together at one point for that sort of weird completionist need. Like in Kyoryuger; you bet your sweet bippy I'm hoping all 10 of them fight side-by-side at some point in the series.
ShadowThePika
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 1
Dreamy: GokaiYellow
Favorite Band: Crush 40
My boom: Sonic Adventure 2
Quote: "It all starts with this. A jewel containing the ultimate power."

Post by ShadowThePika »

Well... when people wanna make the argument that Kamen Rider is sexist, this is a nice little gem of an episode. Koyomi sets out to find the solution to her problem, only to have Gremlin claim that she "has to be mine", and Haruto admits that he supports her and wants to help her, which would have been great to allow Koyomi to do something (find out info by going with Gremlin), but no, Haruto must reclaim koyomi. Then, White Wizard comes along to further drag in the possession of Koyomi. I don't view this as sexist, moreso I view this as a waste of a character episode, because the conflict involves her, but she doesn't have any say in the matter.

As for the rest of the episode... every episode I watch more of this season, I keep thinking how damn contrived it is when characters vanish. One of the things I prefer about sentai is the one monster per episode. Now Kamen rider has done a good job of making 2 part episodes in the past, but in this season... it is REALLY tiring to constantly see monsters just vanish for no reason, or to give up, or heroes to give up chasing, or white wizard beaming himself up. I feel they could make much more inventive ways of having the heroes not kill the monster besides "oops, he ran away".

But hey, atleast Shunpei has become a valuable team mate and not annoying stooge, so that's progress for the series (I want to go on record; i do not hate this series. I just... find it repetitive and non-progressive. Plots don't feel like they go anywhere most of the time, and are noticeable a mile away when they DO go somewhere)
what people want to do to me after talking to me...

http://www.youtube.com/shadowthepika, for whenever I post content on it.
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DekaBreak »

This opened up new possibilities to question. Fueki says he needs 5 mages not counting Beast. And he entrusts his daughter to Haruto, saying she needs his mana, but he wouldn't give it to her himself. "She needs YOUR magic." Haruto is her constant source of magic, and he is the only one with a gold-rimmed Driver. I believe that his Driver is somehow designed to assist in Fueki's ultimate plans for Koyomi. Kizaki says Fueki is connected to magic research. He is likely to have drawn out his Phantom on his own will. Mayu suppresses her Phantom by rediscovering a new source of hope in avenging Misa. Haruto is the only one who never consciously suppressed his Phantom - he just kept the same hope he received from his parents. I think this difference in the way he does not have a personal stake in this mess is a crucial reason for why he is the special rider. Fueki's disappointment with Infinity can be because of some difference it causes to the grand sceme of things, in that he gains a personal stake in the game for protecting Koyomi.
Klanoyt
Mega
Favorite series: Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: All Kamen Riders
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Klanoyt »

I just wanna see Medusa finally beat the crap out of Mayu. Her drama is getting annoying. Can't wait for the last five episodes woohoooo!
Joosche
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
My boom: High Fantasy

Post by Joosche »

Beast learned some new moves.

So the white mage could not help Koyomo because he can't provide hope? Only Haruto? That's why he has no use to Nitou?
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

I was a bit disappointed that the MoTW got away after Haruto and Nitou both pulled out Infinity and Hyper... that was a very lame escape. I was hoping they would just plow through the phantom in order to get right back to the main plot, which is nearing its conclusion very soon.

Now I wonder what kind of magical research Fueki was conducting in the past. It really feels like a mirror of Ryuki. I wonder if this Koyomi is not Fueki's actual daughter, but her phantom and Fueki is trying to convert her back into a human, just like what Gremlin is after; so she isn't actually the philosopher's stone per se, but it is still inside her and the conversion process was incomplete and he's trying to finish the job before it is ruined.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Well this episode was ok but they are just playing around with the puzzle pieces way too much. Let's see what they have for the final 5 episodes.

Mayu is gonna get bodied in the next episode :(. I knew that she doesn't have a chance after I saw her transformation. Generic Mage = Weak Mage.
Final Vent!
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tuss4 »

TODOROKI! Part of the reason why I love electric guitar is cause of this dude's portrayal! Him and Zanki!

Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kamen Rider Unknown »

Kurow wrote:....I knew that she doesn't have a chance after I saw her transformation. Generic Mage = Weak Mage.
The real question we should be asking ourselves is.... Why is she like the weakest "magic user", when The White Wizard trained her? Why is her outfit "generic" looking, while The White Wizard's and Haruto's look awesome? She looks like a mutated creature, like a spell went wrong and fucked-her up. :shock:
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Kamen Rider Unknown wrote: The real question we should be asking ourselves is.... Why is she like the weakest "magic user", when The White Wizard trained her? Why is her outfit "generic" looking, while The White Wizard's and Haruto's look awesome? She looks like a mutated creature, like a spell went wrong and fucked-her up. :shock:
One reason, toys. I mean they make the toys first before they make the suits and since they already made suits for Kamen Rider Mage they decided to toss it in there.
DekaBreak
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
Favorite Actor?: Sumi Tomomi Jiena
My boom: Japanese Language
Quote: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Post by DekaBreak »

Fueki's spent quite some time in this magic thing. Kizaki has records that he was doing research on it. He's a powerful guy, and the suit is elaborate because of that. But his mask is dented like the Mage suit, and Haruto's are smooth for all his forms. In Episode 39, Fueki complements Wajima's craftsmanship, and Haruto's rings are obviously more well-crafted than the rest, whose rings are just as dented as their masks. We can assume that the ring's craftsmanship affects the final turnout of the suit. So my guess is that before he hired Wajima, Fueki had another craftsman make his ring for him (presumably the people of Magic Land), and since the Mage rings are just mass-produced for "Wizard cops", there's not much effort put into it, hence the poor design. My explanation relying solely on the story without looking at it from the production's perspective.
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

OOOKaiser wrote:One reason, toys. I mean they make the toys first before they make the suits and since they already made suits for Kamen Rider Mage they decided to toss it in there.
D'oh....How could I forget about that. :oops:
DekaBreak wrote:Fueki's spent quite some time in this magic thing. Kizaki has records that he was doing research on it. He's a powerful guy, and the suit is elaborate because of that. But his mask is dented like the Mage suit, and Haruto's are smooth for all his forms. In Episode 39, Fueki complements Wajima's craftsmanship, and Haruto's rings are obviously more well-crafted than the rest, whose rings are just as dented as their masks. We can assume that the ring's craftsmanship affects the final turnout of the suit. So my guess is that before he hired Wajima, Fueki had another craftsman make his ring for him (presumably the people of Magic Land), and since the Mage rings are just mass-produced for "Wizard cops", there's not much effort put into it, hence the poor design. My explanation relying solely on the story without looking at it from the production's perspective.
You know I never thought about it in that way before, that makes a lot of sense actually. :D Bravo 8)
ShadowThePika
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 1
Dreamy: GokaiYellow
Favorite Band: Crush 40
My boom: Sonic Adventure 2
Quote: "It all starts with this. A jewel containing the ultimate power."

Post by ShadowThePika »

Kamen Rider Unknown wrote:
Kurow wrote:....I knew that she doesn't have a chance after I saw her transformation. Generic Mage = Weak Mage.
The real question we should be asking ourselves is.... Why is she like the weakest "magic user", when The White Wizard trained her? Why is her outfit "generic" looking, while The White Wizard's and Haruto's look awesome? She looks like a mutated creature, like a spell went wrong and fucked-her up. :shock:
Well, to answer the last part, she kind of is that. She was supposed to give birth to a phantom, which is sort of a natural process, but it was cancelled, so there is this magical energy inside her and a process that didn't go through properly. In essence, a spell did kind of go wrong and she became a mage instead. That doesn't explain the giant claw arms, but I would chalk that up to a part of her phantom living on in the suit
what people want to do to me after talking to me...

http://www.youtube.com/shadowthepika, for whenever I post content on it.
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

ShadowThePika wrote:....That doesn't explain the giant claw arms, but I would chalk that up to a part of her phantom living on in the suit
But the Phantom doesn't live in the suit, it lives within the person. I think DekaBreak theory explains it brilliantly. :D
DekaBreak wrote:Fueki's spent quite some time in this magic thing. Kizaki has records that he was doing research on it. He's a powerful guy, and the suit is elaborate because of that. But his mask is dented like the Mage suit, and Haruto's are smooth for all his forms. In Episode 39, Fueki complements Wajima's craftsmanship, and Haruto's rings are obviously more well-crafted than the rest, whose rings are just as dented as their masks. We can assume that the ring's craftsmanship affects the final turnout of the suit. So my guess is that before he hired Wajima, Fueki had another craftsman make his ring for him (presumably the people of Magic Land), and since the Mage rings are just mass-produced for "Wizard cops", there's not much effort put into it, hence the poor design. My explanation relying solely on the story without looking at it from the production's perspective.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”