Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Wizard 47 released

Post by Alessar »

Kamen Rider Unknown wrote:Which brings us to how did he get into that situation in the first place? Did something happen to Koyomi that caused him to take such drastic matters. Or was he experimenting and those actions caused whatever happen to Koyomi?
We know she was actually weak and infirm as a child, due to the swing episode. Really the question for me is she resurrected by the sabbath as something like a FATE-style homonculus, or was that ritual just enough to keep her on life support while he gathered more mages?

I'm pretty sure Gremlin clocked to Wiseman's real intentions quite some time ago. Really, it's a shame he's a sociopathic hairdresser.
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kamen Rider Unknown »

Alessar wrote:We know she was actually weak and infirm as a child, due to the swing episode. Really the question for me is she resurrected by the sabbath as something like a FATE-style homonculus, or was that ritual just enough to keep her on life support while he gathered more mages?

I'm pretty sure Gremlin clocked to Wiseman's real intentions quite some time ago. Really, it's a shame he's a sociopathic hairdresser.
That's a good question, maybe....
Spoiler
she did die and the Sabbath was part one of what he needs to do to bring her back to life??? That could explain why she doesn't remembers anything. He needed to put her body together first, and next time he can put her soul back into it....???

Serial killers tend to be above average intellectually.(well the ones on T.V. anyway :mrgreen:) So for Sora to figure out what was going on was about right. He's still walking around though, so that is still up in the air....
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Kamen Rider Unknown wrote:So for Sora to figure out what was going on was about right. He's still walking around though, so that is still up in the air....
To be honest, I'm a little freaked out by Sora. Who knows what he'll do now that he wants Koyomi...
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kamen Rider Unknown »

OOOKaiser wrote:
Kamen Rider Unknown wrote:So for Sora to figure out what was going on was about right. He's still walking around though, so that is still up in the air....
To be honest, I'm a little freaked out by Sora. Who knows what he'll do now that he wants Koyomi...
He's definitely in desperation mode now. He's a psychopath, so the sky's the limit with him. It may well come to bite Fueki in the ass, for not putting a better care on destroying him. I mean he could've use his teleport now to transport him into the sun. Where he could've reunited with his old friend Phoenix. :mrgreen:
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

TOTALLY CALLED FUEKI WANTING INFINITY.

Wiseman being White Wizard was so obvious, although they should've trolled us and made Wiseman somebody else.

You gotta feel bad for Medusa, I think she knew Wiseman wasn't really interested in finding Phantoms, but she did it anyway since he asked her too. Of course she didn't know he was White Wizard though. I wonder how Sora pieced everything together. He knew about the Stone before any of us, and figured out exactly what White Wizard was up to before the whole thing was revealed to us (although we had our theories.)

As for Mayu's ring, I think it was powerful enough to destroy Medusa, but Medusa's will was strong enough to try and kill Mayu before she really died.

So what's the endgame here? There's no need for another Sabbath, or is there? Is Fueki the final boss, or is it Sora? I want to say it's going to come down to Fueki revealing his plans for Koyomi that probably involve some sort of human sacrifice, and Haruto will try and find a way to stop Fueki and restore Koyomi without sacrificing anybody.
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Well, I guess none of us were surprised by that plot twist.
At one point in one of these previous discussions I said that there's no way they could make the reveal cool/dramatic given how blindingly obvious the whole thing was, and unfortunately I feel this episode has proved that. There was no suspense; even Wiseman delivering the final blow to Medusa was a by the numbers moment. They telegraphed the deception 30 episodes too early, and failed to give Wiseman enough character to make the audience care. As far as big reveals go, there's no getting around the fact that this one was a letdown.

With that said, I second what everyone has said about the fights in this episode. Since this was a very important episode they went above and beyond the usual choreography and set design, and it shows. That's definitely one of the best fights of the series right there, though perhaps not particularly memorable in the long run.
I too was rather not expecting her to die so soon, much less the way she did. Granted, we've seen a lot of crazy betrayal's in previous shows but for once it would be nice if she died, say, defending him.
Agreed. Medusa was one of the characters you expected to make it to see the very end of the series, so in a sense this was far more surprising than the big reveal. On the other hand we now have 4 episodes left, and all Haruto has to beat up is a psychopathic Phantom and Fueki. Medusa was the closest thing the series had to a regularly appearing big bad, so it feels odd to have her dead this soon. And you do have to feel bad about the way she went out, since unlike just about everyone else in this show she was clearly trying her hardest to do her job.
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
Kilowog wrote:Heck, they did it with Kiva and various others in terms of a 3rd rider; drawing in more attention to her character.
Yes, nothing says "I'm a female rider" like a silver bra-strap. xP
(assuming you mean Kivala, there)
Actually I thought it was a reference to Kamen Rider Saga (Kiva's actual third Rider as opposed to a character introduced in Decade).

Though I'm wondering now... Mayu was in the middle of her training when Haruto achieved Infinity so I'm wondering if her less than stellar Rider form might actually be a plot point. Mayu and those that have come after her get nerfed forms because Fueki is afraid of them growing out of his control like Haruto has done.
Lunagel wrote:The only thing is now we've got only Fueki and Sora as villains and Sora doesn't really count?
The guy who was a sociopathic serial killer before he was turned into a supernatural monster doesn't count as villain now?
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Kamen Rider Unknown wrote:
Spoiler
she did die and the Sabbath was part one of what he needs to do to bring her back to life??? That could explain why she doesn't remembers anything. He needed to put her body together first, and next time he can put her soul back into it....???
That's pretty much exactly what I've been saying for some time. Except you left out the part where this animated doll is also the philosopher's stone.
MarcosPMA wrote:Wiseman being White Wizard was so obvious, although they should've trolled us and made Wiseman somebody else.
There, someone said it. I mean there was no way they weren't gonna go the predictable route, but one could still have hoped.

On a related note, didn't we establish some time ago that Koyomi's name is a reference to the philosopher's stone?
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

Post by Enter the Meteor »

Dengar wrote: On a related note, didn't we establish some time ago that Koyomi's name is a reference to the philosopher's stone?
"Koyomi" means "Calender".
XerBlade
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Faiz
Dreamy: Tatsulot
Favorite Actor?: Ishida Akira
Quote: Kamen Rider Meteorologist! I will decide your forecast!
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by XerBlade »

MarcosPMA wrote: I wonder how Sora pieced everything together. He knew about the Stone before any of us, and figured out exactly what White Wizard was up to before the whole thing was revealed to us (although we had our theories.)
It was all just theories for him as well. He then did some things mostly but not exclusively behind Wiseman's back to test his theories. The test to see if White Mage and Wiseman were actually the same person even still surprised him when it turned out to be true after all (the one where he told Beast and co. where "White Mage" was by actually telling him where Wiseman was hiding at the time), he seemed to think he was probably wrong about that one but was testing it anyway. He seemed to form his theories for the most part the same ways we would/did. In short, Sora is Dangerously Genre Savvy.
Watching
Kamen Rider: Saber

Complete
Kamen Rider: All Black and later
Sentai: Shinkenger,Gokaiger,Magic Kaito VS Detective Conan
Garo: All
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

I KNEW IT!!! It was pretty obvious since the ep where they went to that place to get the magic stone. Now the only mystery is Koyomi and how she ended up in her condition and when? Because it must have happen before the sabbath if Fueki is gathering mages to help her. Also what is up with the tranny donut shop owner!?! and how the hell do they make donuts in that tiny mobile shop!?!
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito

Post by Dengar »

Enter the Meteor wrote:
Dengar wrote: On a related note, didn't we establish some time ago that Koyomi's name is a reference to the philosopher's stone?
"Koyomi" means "Calender".
I'm sure we had a discussion about this many episodes ago. I think it was about Koyomi's name, but maybe I'm confusing it with someone else. Anyway, the name could be read as "elixir of life". Maybe someone else remembers this better than I do?
FaeQueenCory
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider ΑgitΩ
Favorite Band: Kiryu
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: H0mestuck
Quote: FAA: i think
FAA: it was m0re likely just an0ther inevitability
FAA: a pr0duct 0f c0llusi0n between the disparate f0rces at play
FAA: a bargain struck between what skaia kn0ws already and what the g0ds demand up fr0nt
FAA: t0gether they 0rchestrate trials sufficient t0 ensure
FAA: that in 0verc0ming them we w0uld be pr0ven w0rthy
FAA: 0f inheriting the ultimate reward

Post by FaeQueenCory »

OOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!
Who was that guy who kept making really rude and disparaging remarks about Fueki being Wiseman? He kept saying "y'all have no basis on fact, just on gut feeling"...
Well... Look who was vindicated.
Here's my receipt from a few weeks ago:
FaeQueenCory wrote:
Kamen Rider Unknown wrote: How many Phantoms did that ritual make exactly? Why is it that they only go after one gate at a time? Wouldn't it be more effective if Medusa locate at least 10 gates. Then have 10 Phantoms go after those 10 gates. The Wizards would be overwhelmed for sure. Because we have still yet to see a phantom actually get made and for "Wiseman" to be the Leader of the Phantoms. He sure is cool about it. Which also makes me wonder, how did Wiseman become the leader of the Phantoms in the first place?
LoL aside from the simple: we need 50 episodes excuse....
I'm pretty damn sure that Wiseman is Fueki is White Mage... and the reason he's going about it singularly is because the intent isn't to make more phantoms, it's to make more mages. Phantoms are just the failures who couldn't become arrancar mages.
And the reason he's doing this is because he's realized his mistake during the last Eclipse (the real one) wherein the offerings became phantoms (and one mage)...
He wants to revive his daughter who died from the same sickness his wife died from... last time he brought back her form but not her soul (or whatever they want to say for Koyomi's current incarnation), this time, with the use of many mages and the artificial eclipse... he plans on fully reviving Koyomi.
(He also will probably sacrifice Gremlin and Medusa in place of the humans he sacrificed last time, but I can't say for sure if that will be the case...)
Looks like this is kinda dead on the mark.
Also: I remember that someone mentioned that Koyomi is the Philosopher's stone....
I don't think so, but I am not ruling that out as a possibility. I think it's more likely that this artificial eclipse is the "Philosopher's Stone"... because "it has the power to make me human" said Gremlin...
And since my theory panned out.... because it was based in SCIENCE...
I'm putting money on the ritual itself being the Philosopher's Stone because the ritual is an attempt to revive Koyomi as a human.
Kilowog
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: That's a secret :-P
Favorite Actor?: too many
Favorite Band: too many
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: OOO
Quote: "Life goes on. If you make struggle with your seriousness you will not feel an uneasiness."

Post by Kilowog »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
Kilowog wrote:Heck, they did it with Kiva and various others in terms of a 3rd rider; drawing in more attention to her character.
Yes, nothing says "I'm a female rider" like a silver bra-strap. xP
(assuming you mean Kivala, there)
Actually I totally forgot about her, lol . To specify I meant Kamen Rider Saga XD.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Well that sucked that Mayu didn't get to kill Medusa. I wonder if she's gonna feel cheated. Maybe try to beat up Fueki.
Well all mostly knew that Wiseman and White Mage were gonna be the same, but does anyone else kinda feel sorta "bleh" about it. We still have some time left, the rhyme and reasons for them being the same could still be interesting, but I dunno. I guess I just wanted something different.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”