Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Wizard 47 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Wizard_47

Well, I guess none of us were surprised by that plot twist.

The fight in the sewers was great. The use of light and water made it very exciting.

Almost felt sorry for Medusa. Also, I think she used spells in this episode that she hadn't in any previous one. That might have been useful.

So Gremlin is basically the last Phantom left.

The more I think about it, the more reprehensible the white mage comes off. I think it's safe to say that Fueki is probably the one behind the Sabbath which killed all those people by turning them into Phantoms. While Wizard has prevented any further casualties, Fueki is still basically responsible for all those deaths, including Mayu's family. I wonder how Mayu will react in the next episode, since I'm sure she's going to realize that.

Even the ring he gives her. I mean, both Medusa and Mayu are important to Fueki. He can't really let them kill each other... until the final mage is born.

That McDonald's commercial is pretty exemplary of the problem with boy's toys. You've got Medusa and Wiseman, two visually distinctive major villains in Wizard. But the boys are basically playing with a dumb bullshit face drawn on crappy cardboard, because the monsters of the week are so forgettable. Basically, villain figures are under appreciated.

Hey there, Sawai Miyuu I thought your voice sounded familiar.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Wizard 47 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

This plot twist is what they should have done with Virgo/Tachibana last year since it was so unexpected but they seeded it early on in the show. I'm curious of how Fueki became Wiseman though but I think he probably went into despair when the real Koyomi died.

Haruto holding Aya after Medusa's deadly attack was bad ass. I didn't expect Medusa to die in the episode but it's funny that people thought Gremlin was going to die next but nope. Sora is still trolling everyone.
Merisusa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: PGSM / Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze / Gokaiger
Dreamy: Nephrite / Yumeria
Favorite Actor?: Masato Wada
Favorite Band: Yuzu / Daft Punk
My boom: Gekiga
Quote: We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. -Oscar Wilde

Post by Merisusa »

A pretty bad ass episode all around... I really liked the fight between Mayu and Medusa. That final moment of betrayal and big reveal with Medusa and Wiseman was also pretty damn sweet. Glad to see that Medusa was given a death that suited her character, despite the fact I though she wasn't due to die yet either.

What was with the weird abandoned outlet mall filming location? Glad that they moved the big fights to a different locale. Also Yuzuru looks super pissed in the preview for the next episode.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Next, in the plot twist that surprised ABSOLUTELY NO ONE (except maybe those three people on the forums that were arguing for like 3 pages about it)

A pity about Medusa, she's actually been one of my favorite villainesses in a while, but then again they killed off Phoenix super early and he was awesome so I can't say I haven't seen it coming.

The only thing is now we've got only Fueki and Sora as villains and Sora doesn't really count? There's still 4 episodes left to go and since Fueki is all done with the mages we're not going to get any more MOTW?

I predict a lot of backstory next episode.

So Sailor Moon became an ordinary housewife and Tuxedo Mask became a robot scientist? Man, it's really tough to be an out-of-work superhero.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Omg Haruto actually stopped the Phantom from running away

Mayu's character is actually a pretty well written. She's got her own stake in this battle and has got some development in these few episodes she got. But every time she transforms it just takes the moment out of me. Unlike, Wizard, Beast or even the white mage, her suit does not suit her style or personalities at all.

And the ending so not surprising
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

The special ring Mayu used was so disappointing. I was hoping that the ring would give her a proper Rider form instead of the generic suit she got.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

A thing I was thinking about as I rewatched the episode is the Sabbath was Fueki's attempt to get the mages he needed to save Koyomi but the people he gathered were all weak willed except for Haruto and he only got one mage from it. Fueki being the clever guy decided not to do another Sabbath and have Haruto defeat Phantoms until he gathered the remaining three mages he needed.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Great episode. Already knew about the plot twist it wasn't that surprising. I cried for Medusa when she died. All this time she thought she working for Wiseman to create phantoms when actually she was being used.
Kilowog
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: That's a secret :-P
Favorite Actor?: too many
Favorite Band: too many
My boom: OOO
Quote: "Life goes on. If you make struggle with your seriousness you will not feel an uneasiness."

Post by Kilowog »

Whoa....just whoa, on a lot of things on this episode (and sorry for not being around folks, been all kinds of busy, hope you are all ok)!!

The whole fight against Medusa, from Haruto saving Aya, to Mayu fighting her was fantastic. It's been a while since seeing Wizard's Earth element in action like this too, which I missed for a while.

I felt like a mixed bag with Medusa's death and Fueki's White Wizard/Wizeman. I too was rather not expecting her to die so soon, much less the way she did. Granted, we've seen a lot of crazy betrayal's in previous shows but for once it would be nice if she died, say, defending him. Then again, it wouldn't make any difference considering the complexities of Fueki. How did he come to be both himself and Wizeman at the same time and who's really in control? The mystery of this revelation is very grabbing!
Yaiba wrote:Omg Haruto actually stopped the Phantom from running away

Mayu's character is actually a pretty well written. She's got her own stake in this battle and has got some development in these few episodes she got. But every time she transforms it just takes the moment out of me. Unlike, Wizard, Beast or even the white mage, her suit does not suit her style or personalities at all.

And the ending so not surprising
As much as I been resisting about this, I too feel like she should've deserved a much better suit. The fights between her and Medusa have been good, don't get me wrong there, but something that's more close to either White Wizard or Wizard would've been more suited for her given the circumstances. It wouldn't have hurt. Heck, they did it with Kiva and various others in terms of a 3rd rider; drawing in more attention to her character. It just seems more like a mage version of those mass produced rider's in Faiz really.
Last edited by Phoenix512 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need reason to double post if your post is the last one
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Phoenix512 wrote:This plot twist is what they should have done with Virgo/Tachibana last year since it was so unexpected but they seeded it early on in the show. I'm curious of how Fueki became Wiseman though but I think he probably went into despair when the real Koyomi died.
I'm going to disagree with you on that one. Virgo/Tachibana/Emoto was done well. You could kind of guess that Emoto was Virgo, but nobody thought that he was Tachibana as well. When Tachibana turned into Virgo, that was a huge oh shit moment.

White Wizard being Wiseman was so painfully obvious, and this is even without seeing much of either character really do anything for most of the show.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Kilowog wrote:Heck, they did it with Kiva and various others in terms of a 3rd rider; drawing in more attention to her character.
Yes, nothing says "I'm a female rider" like a silver bra-strap. xP
(assuming you mean Kivala, there)
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Catastrophe wrote:I'm going to disagree with you on that one. Virgo/Tachibana/Emoto was done well. You could kind of guess that Emoto was Virgo, but nobody thought that he was Tachibana as well. When Tachibana turned into Virgo, that was a huge oh shit moment.
No no no. You missed my point. When I said that they should have done this last year, I meant the whole motivation behind it. I wanted it to be like a villainous thing that he created the heroic alter ego to manipulate the heroes for his own purposes. I posted about this when the revelation happened and had such awesome thoughts of Virgo manipulated Meteor by giving his friend a faulty switch and created the heroic ego to manipulate Meteor towards his own goals.
Klanoyt
Mega
Favorite series: Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: All Kamen Riders
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Klanoyt »

This episode gave way to the perfect time of reading back the previous episodes' discussions and speculations. It's a clear giveaway that Fueki is both the white mage and Wiseman though. :p

Poor Medusa, so much in love with Wiseman. It caused her death. :p
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Klanoyt wrote:Poor Medusa, so much in love with Wiseman. It caused her death. :p
yeah she had the hots for Feuki/Wiseman/White Wizard not that surprising though.
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kamen Rider Unknown »

Over all this was really one good episode, I already knew the plot twist as well. Haruto giving the infinity ring to Mayu. Even after she told him her intentions. Haruto is sure trust worthy of Fueki, even after all of the secrets this guy been keeping from him. Another Mage was born, which gives Fueki four now. Fueki lying to Mayu about how that ring would "destroy" Medusa. Which makes one wonders, was Medusa actually that strong. Or was that ring actually not that powerful to take-out Medusa. I guess her "will" for Wiseman really was that strong. :mrgreen: And what should of been obvious to all of us has finally been reveled. Fueki is Wiseman and The White Wizard. He said that'll he'll do whatever it takes to save his daughter and he meant that.

Which brings us to how did he get into that situation in the first place? Did something happen to Koyomi that caused him to take such drastic matters. Or was he experimenting and those actions caused whatever happen to Koyomi?

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”