Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Re: Kamen Rider Wizard in Magic Land released

Post by HarryFA1 »

Yeah, this movie was decent, I'd rank it over the OOO movie if I was to compare the Neo-Heisei movies.

So, Ohma used Koyomi to recreate the world so that there are only Mages, so he can later turn them all into Phantoms & rule the world. But here are my questions:
A) Why didn't Ohma just make the world so they were all phantoms, instead of doing it the hard way & making them all Mages?
B) Where did he get the Ring & Driver in the 1st place? Did Fueki give them to him? Or did Ohma steal them?

Also it bugs me in movies or TV shows that have an alternate universe plot, where it ends with everyone in the alternate universe being erased. Could you imagine how scary that would be? You're just going about your day & then all-of-a-sudden everyone around you starts disappearing & reality begins to collapse before your very eyes! But everyone was gonna turn into a Phantom anyway so I guess that's fine, though Haruto was pretty nonchalant about destroying everything.

I'm guessing there'll get an explanation as to where the finish strike ring came from in the DC, but we'll see.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Oooh! My favorite Rider is back in action. Really that's what hit me the most. To see that Wizard flair.
The movie is good. Nothing I felt was ground breaking. The amount of spells in MagicLand was pretty cool. They were just whipping spells out left and right. And buying spells from a store? Haha reminds me of buying materia in FFVII or any JRPG really.

I enjoyed seeing the 3 "main" phantoms from the series fighting together. Kinda wish they weren't just there to get beat up though.

Thanatos Vessel....creepy. I think something like that belongs in Garo.

The scene when they were stoning Haruto I wonder what he was going to do before Koyomi popped up. Looks like he was getting pretty pissed.

And like was said if Maya just a bit more story I could have cared more. Something that would have made the scene in the end with him and his family have more of an impact.

And Infinity Dragon?! A form? Hell no. It's just a quick powered up attack. And Dragon's gold accents staying gold? If they had the same sort of design/color as Infinity it would look leagues better. Now I'm anxious to see Haruto in the Gaim x Wizard movie.

Those KRGS. ^_^ I've seen the video before but it sure is nice to have it subtitled and in my collection. Go get 'em is still my favorite song from the girls. Their singing seems to improve with time...but the ladies aren't the best dancers.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

You can thank Devgryphon for the music video. I totally didn't know it existed till he brought it up and did most the work on it.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Wizard definitely put way too much money in costume design only to have a few costumes never in battles. I mean we had Wiseman in the TV series who did next to nothing in terms of action and then we had this weird Gold Phantom who shows up for probably five seconds in this movie. It would have been awesome if after the belt was broken, the rest of the fight was done with the Phantom.

I thought there would be a Gaim tease...Unless they purposely did the two extra episodes of Wizard because they didn't write one in the movie.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Takenoko: The Wiki link on the front page for the movie is the wrong link. It's the Magica Land URL rather than the movie's URL.
takenoko wrote:Maybe it's the distance from the TV series (Seeing as how I'm watching the movie months after the TV series ended) but I enjoyed this movie a lot.
Weirdly enough I find myself in the opposite camp, but for the same reason.

Seeing the Wizard movie half-way through what has so far been an awesome Gaim has served to highlight just how banal Wizard was. The protagonist was boring and the antagonist wasn't much better. The movie for its part does nothing to fix these issues, though admittedly Toei's movies are more miss than hit.

AUs are just hard to take seriously or be interested in, because in the end you get to hit the reset button. In the meantime I can't help but feel that starting off immediately with Wizard fighting Sorcerer is the wrong way to go. It makes the viewer feel like they've missed something, and indeed we never get an explanation for where Sorcerer comes from or why he can use magic.

I will however say that the action scenes are done well, as usual. Wizard's writing drags it down, while Toei's stunt teams can put on a showy battle no matter the plot.

And poor Koyomi. What is it with the recent trend of dedicated victims in Kamen Rider? :?
dat20091 wrote: The finale was really weird as Infinity didn't do much except for the infinity dragon kick strike, he literally just went into infinity, he had the infinity axe/sword but did nothing with it and it just went to OH WE'RE BOTH GOING TO USE OUR FINISHING MOVE NOW
Also the fact Haruto had infinity the whole time but never used it until the ending
This is a common problem in all Rider/Sentai productions. If you give the hero an uber power-up, logic dictates you should use it immediately. But for the purposes of the plot that can't happen, as either you resolve the conflict right away, or are backed into a corner of explaining why the superpower didn't work before but works in the end.

That said, Wizard hasn't handled it as well as some of the past movies. I suspect this was because the movie didn't introduce a new form, it only used a new attack (Finish Strike) for all of 10 seconds. The previous movies have been able to avert the problem by not having the superpower come into existence until the end when it's needed.
Kuchiri wrote:Wizard definitely put way too much money in costume design only to have a few costumes never in battles. [...] and then we had this weird Gold Phantom who shows up for probably five seconds in this movie. It would have been awesome if after the belt was broken, the rest of the fight was done with the Phantom.
That's a good point. The phantom form was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it event. Assuming this wasn't butchered in editing, I wonder if it was a conflict in goals; the plot required a phantom-based villain while the production crew wanted mage vs. mage?
takenoko wrote:You can thank Devgryphon for the music video. I totally didn't know it existed till he brought it up and did most the work on it.
This is somewhat off topic, but I continue to be amazed that the Kamen Rider Girls concept even works. Putting together a 7 member idol group is expensive. Even in idol-happy Japan, how can they possibly bring in enough money to cover the costs? :shock:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Fixed, thanks for letting me know.

Funnily, the Phantom form appears quite frequently in the Net Movies. No suit ever goes to waste at Toei, I guess.
Eric
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Poppy Pipopapo
Favorite Actor?: Iijima Hiroki
Favorite Band: something else
My boom: music, cheese stuff
Quote: "Hello there." -Obi-Wan Kenobi

Post by Eric »

I heard MAYO FISHING! Even mayoes appears on every mayo tree. And mayoes out of WATER!

And I get the favorite part where Haruto and Ohma fight (except for Maya)!
Discord: Eric the Gaming Guy#2407 | Deviantart | Tumblr

Watching: Zi-O, Saikyou Battle (Miniseries), Tokusatsu GAGAGA (Jdorama)
Completed: Gaim, ToQ, Ghost, Zyuoh, Ex-Aid, Kyuu, Build, Lupin VS Pat
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Funnily, the Phantom form appears quite frequently in the Net Movies. No suit ever goes to waste at Toei, I guess.
Really? I wasn't watching out for the phantom form in particular in those movies, but I don't recall seeing it at all...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

He's the main antagonist in the Kamen Rider Mage/Shunpei sections. Wait what? The suits are different. They're both Phantom Khepri though...

Edit: Okay, I guess I was confused. I just assumed that Khepri would be the main Phantom in this movie. I guess Sorcerer's alter ego is called Drake?

Looking it up, Khepri is just some monster that attacks the town people and is put down by Rinko's group.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

DONUT NOW

I actually really liked this movie. Nice Gaim foreshadowing with the "This is my showtime now!" bit.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

I thought the plot overlapped the TV show waaaay too much.

Nitou's actor probably loved this movie, his character had a much more savvy and competent personality ... mayo fishing aside.
Gaim has just raised the bar for plot for me, I cringed so much through this movie.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

The only complain I tend to have for summer's movies (and others Toku movies) is that the plot is not linked to the series, except for Den-O and Double. For example, for this one, it would be nice is Sorcerer showed up in the actual series, and then disappear one episode, where the movie would take place. Sorcerer should have been Fueki's partner for his project, and then betrayed him for his own.

Except for that, I have no complain about this movie. I just wish Mayu would have been there too, or Fueki, but either way, it was a good movie, but I'm one of those people that rarely hate a season, and I didn't hate Wizard. But it's true that Gaim is better than Wizard. I just take things for what they are and not what I think they should have been.
methos
7X
Favorite series: KRW
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by methos »

I thought it was pretty decent for a KR movie. The little bits of comedy were cute, and Beast remains one of my favorite KRs. But I would agree that the final battle was kinda blah. I was expecting the flower ring to be used to give Haruto a powered up form, not that he'd just randomly have it. The only thing I've never liked about the fights in Wizard was all the flips and twirls and sword-flailing. It tries to give the impression of action when nothing is actually happening. It's tolerable, but it's not something I want to see in "The Final Battle".
8lackz
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Quote: Make your Own Hissatsu

"DENSHA-GIRI!"

Post by 8lackz »

This, Might Be Out Topic, But still in one batch!

Guys, Thanks for The Go Get Em!
Really It's been one Year Since the Game's Out

i really want to shout and Karaoke in front of My Laptop with This Song!

*Really Happy* :))
ChelseaChampion
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: LUKA MILLFY
Favorite Band: 24Herbs
My boom: Happiness
Quote: "Black Wing Sleeping Here Forever"

Post by ChelseaChampion »

This movie reminded me why Wizard is the worst series yet. Like what many have said, this series is flashy but bland. The movie is a waste of time and at the end of the day most of the characters from Magicland(SP?) never existed so the interaction with them was for nothing. And the purpose of the Socceror is to dis-powered the people from this non-existent world...
Drop. Fire. Gemini. Burning Divide

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”