ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Re: KR Wizard 48 released

Post by Revorse »

Awww, no preview. Now it's time to play the waiting game,
As for the episode, I'm with Takenoko. There's really no reason Mayu couldn't have gone down fighting. But even that would have a been a stretch for me. I mean Mayu was at least able to hold her own with Medusa a few times. I can't really see her losing to Yuzuru. But what's done is done.

So Fueki's Phantom's name is Carbuncle.(Doesn't Carbuncle have something to do with stones) So he just chose Wiseman as his alias? And does his Rider form have a name? Personally, I'd love it to be Kamen Rider Wisdom or something along those lines.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Revorse wrote:So Fueki's Phantom's name is Carbuncle.(Doesn't Carbuncle have something to do with stones)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbuncle_%28gemstone%29

Seems like it refers more to Wizard than it does to the White Mage. Maybe it was originally a possibility for Wizard's name but they threw it out?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It's more a reference to the mythical beast, like all the other monsters in Wizard:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbuncle_%28mythology%29

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Carbuncle
meljta
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai and Riders
Favorite Actor?: Junya Ikeda
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japon
Quote: Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reings, yet by the blade of knights, maikind was given hope.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by meljta »

well koyomi is dead like Philip-kun in W....
and Fueki....i still think that he is a bad guy.....

carbuncle: is the being that punishes the ambitious and rewards to the selfless people.

Is more related to the dragon and the red
Last edited by meljta on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are the two-in-oneKamen Rider
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Kuchiri »

Maybe the reason why Blue Mage and Green Mage didn't have a special pose is because they are doing White Wizard's Pose since they are being possessed/brainwashed by him.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

Disappointing Mayu was disappointing, but at least everything is coming together now and all unanswered questions have been answered. How many episodes more in this? The way it's setup, it feels like next ep might be the finale.
Kamen_Winter

Post by Kamen_Winter »

I highly enjoyed this weeks episode, Sure they could have done something more with mayu but i think we'll see something good from her soon. it's weird how it feels like it'll end next episode but we have at least 4-5 more to go
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

Nice Ryuki reference there Luna XD

I guess the way the story is going to end is Haruto trying to stop the Sabbath and find a way to save Koyomi at the same time. It's a bit disappointing really, since for the longest time we thought it was a fight between Haruto and the Phantoms/Wiseman, but then the twist happened to where it's White Wizard/Wiseman trying to save Koyomi, and it's just not very exciting. We still don't know much about Fueki, but there's really no mystery around him that makes me want to know more. As a "villian", Wiseman never did anything and was very boring. Hell, the weekly Phantoms were more of a villain than Wiseman ever was. Honestly, they should've just made Wiseman and White Wizard separate characters that both want to hold the Sabbath for different reasons (WW for Koyomi and Wiseman for more Phantoms)
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Maaaan oh man... This whole series as such a first Full Metal Alchemist anime feel to it. So when does Koyomi start using her philosopher stone powers to fight against the mages to free them from obvious mind control, threatening to make herself disappear ending with Haruto ending up in WW1 Germany?
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas

Post by Alessar »

Lunagel wrote:Oh hey there Yui Koyomi, take a look and see how the big bad guy OdinFFS, Yuzuru and Torodoki don't have to do that goddamn dance that Mayu does when she transforms? What is the point of making her do it then?!
To show Mayu's heroic spirit, she was imitating the samba transformation of her favorite Super Hero Time show, Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger.

Seriously, did you not hear the samba tune mentally when she did the dance?
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

It was surprising to find out that Fueki created his own phantom but I guess that it's one of the closest to believable ideas for how he could be a Mage and a phantom at the same time other than my idea that he was simply using a disguise ring.

I'm curious if Fueki actually plans to do another Sabbath like the first one or if this time it'll just revive Koyomi, I mean at this point Sora might actually be the main villain since Fueki's grand scheme is pretty much completely finished and in completing it, it doesn't seem like anybody else could wind up getting hurt by it unless he plans to sacrifice even more people.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

dekamaster wrote:It was surprising to find out that Fueki created his own phantom but I guess that it's one of the closest to believable ideas for how he could be a Mage and a phantom at the same time other than my idea that he was simply using a disguise ring.

I'm curious if Fueki actually plans to do another Sabbath like the first one or if this time it'll just revive Koyomi, I mean at this point Sora might actually be the main villain since Fueki's grand scheme is pretty much completely finished and in completing it, it doesn't seem like anybody else could wind up getting hurt by it unless he plans to sacrifice even more people.
Personally, I don't see a reason why a phantom can't be a wizard. Kaijins have been riders before. But I suppose that's neither here nor there anymore.
ProxyProxy
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Quote: +1

Post by ProxyProxy »

This series for me is a disappointment because plot twists are so previsible and not enough character development.
Although learn that Fueki is an artificial Phantom is a good point, I tough he was like Sora.

Now for next episodes, I think that Fueki will be low mana, so he will be a little bit weak, Beast could defeat him, but for me, Beast will be defeated and at the end of the episode Sora backstabs White Wizard, take his Wizard Driver, manage to transforms into White Wizard and possibly continue the Sabbat to be human.
Then Fueki is not dead, becomes good, regret everything etc, sacrifice himself finally to make the current Koyomi alive. How? I think he will put its Phantom into Koyomi because we saw that Fueki's Phantom can absorb mana. How convenient for Koyomi, have this Phantom and absorb mana to keep her alive trololol.
The end for me will be some shit about a father giving his life for his daughter. Haruto and Koyomi stay together, Koyomi takes his money mana everyday.

About Chimera, I think Fueki did create him, he created his Phantom so Chimera must be an experiment, that's why Fueki knows Chimera. Fueki got fed up about Chimera and get rid of him. I hope Fueki did create Chimera otherwise that will be a plot-hole.
About people who needs to store a Phantom to be a Wizard, that's explain Chimera and his curse, without being a Gate and the ability to have mana, Fueki get rid of Chimera cuz he got fed up of this Phantom eating his mana...
Something I'd love to see is Beast releasing all eaten Phantoms like Kamen Rider Leangle with Remote.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Is it me or did this episode do a poor job of explaining the mechanics of Fueki's plan?

The original Sabbath makes sense. He needed to create Phantoms to go and draw out those individuals capable of becoming Mages.

But he did that on his own, before any of the "natural" mages were created. So why does he need the 4 mages to hold another Sabbath? And why does he need to hold a Sabbath again? To activate the stone?
takenoko wrote:Ugh, the treatment of Mayu was pretty terrible this time. It's almost back to the despicable moments in Kiva when the girls can't transform for the most crap reasons. Sure, Mayu needs to get captured in the end for story reasons, but there was no reason she couldn't have gone down fighting.
I haven't seen Kiva, but nevertheless that's exactly what was going through my head on this one. Mayu's character development got thrown under a bus on this one. It's as if the writers said "She's a girl, she's weak. Moving on."
Lunagel wrote:FFS, Yuzuru and Torodoki don't have to do that goddamn dance that Mayu does when she transforms? What is the point of making her do it then?!
Since you're begging the question anyhow, to state the obvious it's because she's a girl. So they're having her do girly things because... well it's Toei. More often than not they use girls as plot devices and entertainment rather than fully fleshed out characters.
colonelkreiner
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Quote: Let's make it showy

Post by colonelkreiner »

I thought despair was going to be the reason for Carbuncle formation but that would have required Fueki being a gate which I was surprised he was not. I think his studies into magic he found info on Primordial mages with Chimera being the most famous/infamous. So he knows that there are ways for Phantoms to join normal people and become mages, but that required give and take and no access to magic. So with that knowledge he creates Carbuncle and becomes a mage.

Maybe Sora/Gremlin is not special because he is a murdering creap, but Gremlin took aspects of Carbuncle which was the Phantom used by the mage that created the original Sabbath.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”