Wiki Link

< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Wizard 48 released

Post by OOOKaiser »

Joosche wrote:
MarcosPMA wrote:Hell, the weekly Phantoms were more of a villain than Wiseman ever was.
Really? That guy messed up with the live of countless people, making they fell in despair and kill each other. All this because he refuse to accept that his daughter died. That one can be called villian.
I would call that in denial. Marcos was right, the Phantoms were more of a villain than Wiseman.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I'm sorry, could you explain? How does ruining the lives of everyone including his subordinates make someone not a villain?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Wiseman borders on an attempt at a sympathetic Lillian. In the way the only dick move he has done directly so far is to kill Medusa.

However, I agree with Dengar. As a result of his actions, countless humans had been killed (via the first ritual to make Phantoms), and the terror caused by him attempting to manifest wizards, not to mention the fact he didn't give a shit about any of the other Phantoms, and probably won't give a shit about the wizards after whatever he needs them for it done.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

^That's not untrue. My only gripe is that people seem to be thinking he's NOT a villain. I mean, I can't stop people from disliking him, but everything he's done so far adheres to the whole "villain" thing. Arguably he's already passed the moral event horizon. I don't think of him as sympathetic. Not every villain with a tragic past has to be sympathetic though.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

The moment they explained that Fueki is an omnidisciplinary scientist I started reciting Goethe's Faust. Another man with a science background who tries out magic and makes a deal with the devil (or in Fueki's case, phantomkind) for his personal goals, no matter who he causes to suffer by that.
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

I. Am. Very. Disappointed.

10 years. A long span of time, indeed. But they think they can pull the same trick after 10 years and hope it will save something that is already so bland and lacking substance? Not to mention Ryuki is one of the toku series I love the most, I cannot stand the thought of its major plot details being recycled so blatantly. Now that I think about it, some of Haruto's development is pretty similar to Shinji's as well. Guess I did see that coming, but I chose to hope for something else.

And they made up some lame excuse to downplay the chick again. Stay sexist, Kamen Rider.

Speaking of downplay, Beast's undergone a lot of this throughout the show. He never has a bike. He did his Rider Kick only ONCE. His power ain't no show compared to Haruto's. His upgrade doesn't help much. He is a goofball who neither has any significant goals nor play any big parts in the big bad's plot. Now he gets beat up by a KID who transforms into a MOOK Rider. Finally? Where has his mayo addiction gone lately, has his personality been ignored too?

That's the end of my rant, but no, not the end of my frustration.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Now that you mention it. Haruto does remind me of Shinji... the hell is this! Also Beast was holding back against Yuzuru he couldn't hurt a little boy could he?
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

If anyone is Shinji it's Shunpei and Haruto would be Ren.
squashy
Gabu

Post by squashy »

OOOKaiser wrote:Now that you mention it. Haruto does remind me of Shinji... the hell is this! Also Beast was holding back against Yuzuru he couldn't hurt a little boy could he?
...aside from the fact that Shinji is so much more expressive than Haruto. I forgot to mention this in my rant, but the actor playing Haruto is so lame compared to Japanese drama standard. He is somewhat better in this final arc, I'll admit that.

Beast wasn't holding back. He was lending his ass to the kid. As a proper Rider, couldn't he knock the kid unconcious or something?
Kuchiri wrote:If anyone is Shinji it's Shunpei and Haruto would be Ren.
I was refering to how both Shinji and Haruto experience internal conflict in deciding what choice to make.

Don't let me start on Shunpei. That nuisance kills the mood too many times to count. I wish Haruto could just cast Sleep on him FOR AN ETERNITEH!
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Eh, Shinji and Haruto aren't all that similar.

Shinji's character was a pacifistic sort trying to keep 12 other dudes from killing each other feeling that the war isn't right and that it'd be better if they worked together to fight off Kenzaki.
Haruto on the other hand? The dude's less proactive than even Takkun, he'd prolly just sit there with a doughnut watching the (Rider) war go on then Hatte Saburo will nudge him from offscreen and he'd be like "Oh yeah, I should do something. *Shabaduubee-touch-Henshin!*"
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:Eh, Shinji and Haruto aren't all that similar.

Shinji's character was a pacifistic sort trying to keep 12 other dudes from killing each other feeling that the war isn't right and that it'd be better if they worked together to fight off Kenzaki.
Haruto on the other hand? The dude's less proactive than even Takkun, he'd prolly just sit there with a doughnut watching the (Rider) war go on then Hatte Saburo will nudge him from offscreen and he'd be like "Oh yeah, I should do something. *Shabaduubee-touch-Henshin!*"
squashy
Gabu

Post by squashy »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:Eh, Shinji and Haruto aren't all that similar.

Remember one of the last Ryuki eps where Shinji got fed up with being Mr. Nice Guy? Haruto was also facing situations urging him to abandon his priority in saving the innocents to play along the big bad's plan in these final couples of eps. The difference? Shinji went through pain and tears to get better, while Haruto just waits for his cheesy Big Damn Hero moment in the next ep.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

OOOKaiser: I have absolutely no clue what you mean by that, could you please clarify?
squashy wrote:Remember one of the last Ryuki eps where Shinji got fed up with being Mr. Nice Guy?
Yeah, 1 or 2 eps. around the 40's iirc; I thought about mentioning that but deemed it un-important.
squashy wrote:Haruto was also facing situations urging him to abandon his priority in saving the innocents to play along the big bad's plan in these final couples of eps.
What? Situations like him moping around for 5 episodes (43-47) with him going "I need to relay about Fueki being Koyomi's da_ nah, I'll do it tomorrow!"?
squashy
Gabu

Post by squashy »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: Yeah, 1 or 2 eps. around the 40's iirc; I thought about mentioning that but deemed it un-important.
To me that moment was very powerful. It made the character so human. Sometimes we too get frustrated with our progress, wanna screw it all, but look back and realize what we have done thus deciding to pick up the unfinished business.
Go-On Macaroni wrote:What? Situations like him moping around for 5 episodes (43-47) with him going "I need to relay about Fueki being Koyomi's da_ nah, I'll do it tomorrow!"?
Like when he's tempted to abandon his teacher on the brink of despair or right this ep when he's persuaded by Fueki to participate in the Sabbath for Koyomi's sake. I have stated that I don't like Haruto for being boring, but the guy is pretty Genre Savvy and gets the job done most of the time.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

OOOKaiser wrote:
Go-On Macaroni wrote:OOOKaiser: I have absolutely no clue what you mean by that, could you please clarify?
[Image ]
If you were talking about the picture I posted in reply. I was just laughing at what you said about Haruto how he would just sit there with a donut and watch the whole thing happen.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”