< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >
Vincearan
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Dreamy: Gokai Yellow
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: KR Wizard 49 released

Post by Vincearan »

Dengar wrote:Both words mean the same thing (in this context I mean). The primordial mage IS the archetype. Haruto can't even be the archetype, since he is the final result, which is mutually exclusive. You can't be the archetype (origin) and the final result at the same time.
Awesome, thanks. I remember it was a long time back, I never got that Haruto was supposed to be the "latest model", so to speak.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Kobayashi wrote:
OOOKaiser wrote:The next one wouldn't be the last. The full fight with Haruto and Fueki is probably going to take like the whole episode. -snip-
Dragon Ball Style? A whole episode of screaming and showing muscles XD?
Probably. XD
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

Right. An episode that isn't as intense as the events it unfolds should be. At least they got the plot going.

So, Khimaira as our latest Deus Ex Machina. Well, at least it makes sense, not some random giant magic beam destroying everything evil. The om nom scene is quite funny to watch, well DUH, I call it the om nom scene. Wait, how could Nitou be sure that breaking his belt is gonna release the "beast"? What if it kills/traps/tickles Khimaira so much it will die? Oh, sure, to him a pinch is a chance. Great job big damn gleeful hero, now watch one of the most powerful magical demon ramble on his new adventure across the puny human world! Yay! Hey Haruto dude, now you can be literally the final hope 'cause all I've got is a mayo bottle now. No hard feeling, teehee!

Speaking of Haruto, as others have said, did Yamamoto hit him too hard in the head? Hello, Fueki didn't capture 3 others for nothing ya know? And I'm not sure if being exposed to a magical eclipse can return him to his sense, but it sure did grant him some cool power. Yo Fueki, I travelled across half of Tokyo untransformed to get here in less than 5 minutes, where is my cookie?

Must be nice to play as Koyomi. Lie there peacefully half of the episode. Don't get many lines. Sucks being her though. Locked indoors for the whole year, and when she finally gets out on her own, her boyfriend, maniac dad and some troll that never dies keep tossing her around.

Mayu has officially been degraded from action girl to typical damsel in distress completed with either no brains or no balls. Fuck. Yes pun intended thank you.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I'm still annoyed with people calling the Khimaria scene a Deus Ex Machina. Again, it's only a Deus Ex is if it was pulled out right there and then without any mention that it can happen or the possibility of it to happen before. For example...

This would be like Haruto pulling out a 'Destroy all Magic' ring in the next episode to stop White Wizard. It comes out of no where, there was no setup for it, or anything of the nature.

This would be like in Fourze, he uses a switch with the number 44 on it that has some ungodly power.

With Khimaria, they have pointed out how he resides in the belt. They pointed out how the eclipse was being created by a spell. They pointed out that Khimaria is extremely hungry. If anything else this is more of a Chekhov's Gun. Not a Deus Ex.
squashy
Gabu

Post by squashy »

Ok then a Chekhov's Gun on Deus scale.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Kuchiri »

No Deus Ex scale. This is like drinking a coke and calling it mountain dew. Everything in the scene was established in previous episodes....EVERYthing. So there is no deus ex about it.
squashy
Gabu

Post by squashy »

Kuchiri wrote:No Deus Ex scale. This is like drinking a coke and calling it mountain dew. Everything in the scene was established in previous episodes....EVERYthing. So there is no deus ex about it.
The previous ep never told us how magic would flow during the ritual, the scale of the ritual, how dangerous it would become and the main characters' decisions. This ep just conveniently put everything in place, and in a rather narm way.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

We got a sense of how the magic would flow though realizing it was the same ritual (IE the Sabbath) from what almost killed Haruto the first time, of course we knew how dangerous it would become cause we have not fallen stupid like Haruto, but even if there were unknown aspects of the ritual that does not make how they delt with it a deus ex. We knew that it would use magic, and we knew that Khimaria eats magic.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
squashy
Gabu

Post by squashy »

Kogashi wrote:We got a sense of how the magic would flow though realizing it was the same ritual (IE the Sabbath) from what almost killed Haruto the first time, of course we knew how dangerous it would become cause we have not fallen stupid like Haruto, but even if there were unknown aspects of the ritual that does not make how they delt with it a deus ex. We knew that it would use magic, and we knew that Khimaria eats magic.
Ahh, now I get why we feel like it was a Deus Ex Machina. It's because A WIZARD DID IT!
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Agito

Post by Dengar »

It's still not a deus ex machina. A deus ex machina is something so absurd it might as well be divine intervention.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Kuchiri »

Also you're the only one calling it a Deus Ex....

This also applies to in story canon. For example it isn't a deus ex in Wizard because of all the things they set up for it. However let's say in the TV Show Supernatural the Winchesters are about to get killed by a witch and a giant Khimara comes out of nowhere and gobbles it up and flies off without reason. That would be a Deus Ex, unless they somehow talk about a japanese superhero casting spells with rings at some point during the episode.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

At least Nitou survived. When he showed up to fight Fueki, I was certain he was going to die and we'd get our first Rider death in years. I'm pleased they let him survive, however; it gives them a way to bring Beast back for the inevitable movie with Gaim.
squashy
Gabu

Post by squashy »

Kuchiri wrote:Also you're the only one calling it a Deus Ex....
Now hold it I'm sure there are others who have thought of it as one, whether in this thread or not. Still, I've already accepted the fact that it's a Chekhov's Gun. Just that seeing a chimerazord flying through the city eating magic blobs is too silly, calling it a Deus is understandable.

...and isn't "a wizard did it" clear enough to appear as a joke? :|

^ they can just bring a Beast from another dimension. You know, due to DKD'a fault.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Agito

Post by Dengar »

The thing about "A wizard did it", is that in this case, a wizard actually did do it.
squashy
Gabu

Post by squashy »

Dengar wrote:The thing about "A wizard did it", is that in this case, a wizard actually did do it.
First you took my joke seriously, then you explained it (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”